Looking for advice and guidance

NeedGuidance

Salam a^laikum,

I converted to Islam a while ago. I wont claim to be a perfect Muslim because I'am not. I try my best in what I do every day. I don't know everything but I try to learn something new every day.

I have a question. For most Muslims, marriage is an easy thing. The family finds a suitable partner for the girl. But in others cases, for people who have converted, it is harder to find a good muslim man. Especially when you don't look like you are muslim, and you don't know how you are suppose to go about finding a husband. When you don't have family behind you looking for you, it is difficult.

So basically my question is, for people who have converted, how are they to find husband? And good Muslim husband.

Salam, thank you

muharram23

Staff member
Salam a^laikum,

I converted to Islam a while ago. I wont claim to be a perfect Muslim because I'am not. I try my best in what I do every day. I don't know everything but I try to learn something new every day.

I have a question. For most Muslims, marriage is an easy thing. The family finds a suitable partner for the girl. But in others cases, for people who have converted, it is harder to find a good muslim man. Especially when you don't look like you are muslim, and you don't know how you are suppose to go about finding a husband. When you don't have family behind you looking for you, it is difficult.

So basically my question is, for people who have converted, how are they to find husband? And good Muslim husband.

Salamu alaykum sister,
May Allah s.va reward you for becoming muslim and i thank Allah s.v.a from saving you and all of us from the etarnal punishment of hell fire. Ameen. You asked a question that is really hard to answer :). First of all you should trust in Allah s.v.a and you should keep praying 2 rekat called istikhara as well you should wake up in the last third of the night and ask Allah s.v.a for a good muslim husband :). There is a hadeeith which says that in the last third of the night, ALlah s.v.a descends to the closest heavent to us and then asks if there is anyone that calls for Allah that Allah should answer his/her call, if there is anyone asking for something the He should give them, and if there is anyone asking for forgivness that He should forgive them.
I was born muslim and from muslim family, but we didnt really practice untill later on. My parents didnt really focus on finding me a wife, because they themselves werent in deen (religion)that much. I pretty much had to find a wife myself and ALlah s.v.a gave me a wonderful wife :). So, its all from Allah s.v.a. I mean if you're looking to get married, you should probably get in contact with an imam. Go to the closest mosque that you know and ask some advice from the imam. You have the right to ask the brother who wants to marry u many questions,so dont just believe that anyone of them are very pius. Dont rush inshaAllah, may Allah s.v.a give you the best. I dont want to say anymore because i dont have enough knowledge about this, but you should definitelly be patient, learn more about islam, especially the rights of the husband and wife in islam. Keep praying to Allah s.v.a and ask him to give you a riches husband as well as make you a riches wife.

NeedGuidance

Thank you very much for your reply. I will do that. There is a mosque very close by to me that I could go to. Really it pains me that I don't know as much as I should as I converted many years ago.
When you talk about getting up in the last third of the night. What time around would that be? And is there certain things I should be saying (in arabic). Is it like a prayer? Or so I just get up and ask for forgiveness, or for anything else I want?

I'am really trying right now. More than I have in the past. For some reason this ramadan I have had this feeling inside of wanting to try harder and be a better Muslim. I have a translated book of the Quran which I'am reading as much as I can each day. I wish I could read the actual Quran and not a translated book of it, but unfortunately I cannot speak arabic

Thank you again,
Salam

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

We are all human and we make mistakes. That is why I love Allah (swt) for being so merciful. Just gotta ask for forgiveness :)

I am in the process of finding someone. I am a revert also but it is really not hard. I just told my sisters who are married to ask their husbands if there is anyone around :) Simple as that. Usually the Imam can help you out also.

Also if you let is slip at the masjid that you are not married and will probably be looking for a husband soon word will get around.

Just pray to Allah (Swt) to guide you in this decision.

:wasalam:

NeedGuidance

We are all human and we make mistakes. That is why I love Allah (swt) for being so merciful. Just gotta ask for forgiveness :)

I am in the process of finding someone. I am a revert also but it is really not hard. I just told my sisters who are married to ask their husbands if there is anyone around :) Simple as that. Usually the Imam can help you out also.

Also if you let is slip at the masjid that you are not married and will probably be looking for a husband soon word will get around.

Just pray to Allah (Swt) to guide you in this decision.

Salam,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I have no sisters to ask. So my next step will be to try going to the mosque and talking to an Imam.
Thank you, I have prayed to Allah to help me to be a good wife and mother, and to help me in the search of becoming a wife and mother.
I'm sorry if this might be a silly question, but when you say to let it slip at the masjid that I'am not married. So you mean the mosque? I have never heard this word before..."masjid"

Thank you,

Salam

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Salam,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I have no sisters to ask. So my next step will be to try going to the mosque and talking to an Imam.
Thank you, I have prayed to Allah to help me to be a good wife and mother, and to help me in the search of becoming a wife and mother.
I'm sorry if this might be a silly question, but when you say to let it slip at the masjid that I'am not married. So you mean the mosque? I have never heard this word before..."masjid"

Thank you,

Salam

Indeed masjid=mosque :)

NeedGuidance

Aww thank you :) May Allah (swt) give you a righteous, caring husband who maybe can cook too lol.

Lol..haha cute. Thank you. That would be nice, but even if can't that is fine with me. I love to cook! :) As long as he is a good Muslim and and amazing father/husband I will be happy.

Salam

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Lol..haha cute. Thank you. That would be nice, but even if can't that is fine with me. I love to cook! :) As long as he is a good Muslim and and amazing father/husband I will be happy.

Salam

I love to cook too just not breakfast. I am not a morning person. You should post some recipes of yours in our recipe section.

NeedGuidance

I love to cook too just not breakfast. I am not a morning person. You should post some recipes of yours in our recipe section.

Lol I would have to actually write down what I do to put it in the recipe form. I just kinda cook by what I feel. It's not necessarily a recipe...but I just do it. But next time I cook something nice I will try to remember to write it down :)

Salam

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
Lol I would have to actually write down what I do to put it in the recipe form. I just kinda cook by what I feel. It's not necessarily a recipe...but I just do it. But next time I cook something nice I will try to remember to write it down :)

Salam

I do the same thing too. I usually incorporate what I have leftover in the kitchen and bam a gourmet meal well not gourmet but getting there lol.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

May Allah help you and make you out of every difficulty. (Ameen)

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan

muharram23

Staff member
Thank you very much for your reply. I will do that. There is a mosque very close by to me that I could go to. Really it pains me that I don't know as much as I should as I converted many years ago.
When you talk about getting up in the last third of the night. What time around would that be? And is there certain things I should be saying (in arabic). Is it like a prayer? Or so I just get up and ask for forgiveness, or for anything else I want?

I'am really trying right now. More than I have in the past. For some reason this ramadan I have had this feeling inside of wanting to try harder and be a better Muslim. I have a translated book of the Quran which I'am reading as much as I can each day. I wish I could read the actual Quran and not a translated book of it, but unfortunately I cannot speak arabic

Thank you again,
Salam

This is how to pray istikharaah salah

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=2217&ln=eng&txt=istikh

last third of the night is you take the time after last prayer which is at 8:30 pm i beelieve and when sun comes our which is 6:50 am. The total is about 10 hrs if im not mistaken. Take 10/3 and it is about 3.3 hrs, right? Then take 6;50 am - 3.3 hrs and that is about 3 am. So, wake up around 3-5 am, even though its hard, but the reward is big. I mean u can wake up even at other times. Even bofore 3 am, doesnt really have to be 3-5 am. The award is big, since the world is asleep, and you wake up to cherrish your lord. You pray it just like morning prayer. It should be 2 rekah and ask Allah alot while ur in prostration. Sorry sister right know im short of time, but im sure there will be brothers and sisters here given you better proofs then i do, i hope they do. Hope someone can find a good source how to pray night prayer and a good explanation when is the third of the night, because i was searching but couldnt find it. May Allah forgive me if i said something incorrect. Take the proof of Quran and hadeeth(prophets saying) over mine. Hopefully this will give you a start.

And Allah knows best

Assalamu alaykum

Muharram

muharram23

Staff member
Salam,

Thank you,

Salam

yes sister in masjid comes from the arabic word sajjade which meant to prostrate and masjjid is the place of prostration. Which is another name for mosque :)

muharram23

Staff member
salamu alaykum,

so many sisters now looking for marriage when i am married already. When i was looking there were hardly any. maybe i didnt know about TTI before :).

Assalamu alaykum

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Sister, there are a lot of sisters here. InshAllah you will find them friendly.
There is a sister private section so you can ask anything there , inshAllah

Zarra

Salam, sis.

One of the sisters I know is also looking for a husband. At the mosque she attends there's an introduction service, which I think may be offered in other mosques. You basically complete a form all about you and it gets added to a database. Someone then matches you with someone...I think that's how it works anyway ;p

I know a brother who's looking for a wife and he used the Muslim introduction websites on the internet. I don't know how you feel about them but they could be worth a try..

It's fabulous you're using this Ramadan to try to be a more practicing Muslim, mashallah.

Zara