love story

mahmoud2010

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله​
A woman came out of her house and saw three old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them. She said "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat."

" Is the man of the house in home?" They asked.

" No", she replied. "He's out."

"Then we cannot come in", they replied .

In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened

...................................................................................
"Go tell them I am in home and invite them in."

…………………………………………………………..
The woman went out and invited the men in.

"We do not go into a House together!" they replied.

"Why is that?" She asked.

One of the old men explained: "His name is Wealth," he said as pointing to one of his friends, and said, pointing to another one, "He is Success, and I am Love." Then he added, "Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home."

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. "How nice!" He said. "Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!"

…………………………………………………………………..
His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite Success?"

........................................................................................
Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: "Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love."

"Let us heed/follow our daughter-in-law's advice," said the husband to his wife!

"Go out and invite Love to be our guest."

..................................................................................
The woman went out and asked the three old men, "Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest."

Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other two also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: "I only invited Love; why are you coming in?"

The old men replied together: "If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success."

End​

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What a beautiful post. And what instruction for us today. With love for our ummath we can overcome all oppresors.

assalam alaikum

i love this story.this is the first ever told story i have heard which gives so lovely lesson to those who think wealth is every thing.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

That was really good. Alhamdulilah

Jazakallah Khair

Wasalam

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Yeah, that was lovely story. However, I wonder why didn't the two couple choose love at first to be their guest?? Why did they first think of wealth and success??

If I were them, I would invite love immediately.

Love is the origin of every happiness.

May Allah give us the ability to love Him to be able to love every good thing.:tti_sister:

diamond

Love is God's primary attribute and is manifested in His mercy. After His glorious name, Allah, God calls Himself Ar-Rahmaan (The Gracious) the most often.

Love is also the prophet's primary attribute, peace be upon him. He used to agonize over the fact that some of his people did not accept the truth of Islam and God observes that about him in the Quran many times and consoles him! For example,
"Perhaps you will fret yourself to death checking up on them saddened that they do not follow this teaching" (18:6), "Let not let your soul go feeling sorry for them" (35:8)

It is this attitude of the prophet that we Muslims should adopt; a love for humanity to be guided back to God. After all, why would God describe us as "The most beneficial nation brought out to mankind?"

marshAllah a beautiful story and well said about Allah swt and our beloved propher saw and their attributes-LOVE
i believe money makes the world go round in a vicious manner but Love would make the world go round in a perfect manner!!