Lunar Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
cyrusarif said:
Salamun Alaikum,
If you yourself go through the verses leaving apart your pre-conceived believs, you may find hundreds if not thousands evidenses confirming this.

Allah s.w.t. may guide us for the right path.

Regards
Cyrus

walikom salaam
from all the Quran Verses you posted nothing can indicate or lead that the
Allah has chosen the solar system of calendar not only for mankind but for the whole universe.( and I hope if i cant see it and any one from the readers see that Allah choosed the solar system please correct me )
#2 I dont have pre conceived believes except what the prophet peace be upon him told us to follow, and what we have from companion of the prophet peace be up on him and from scholars who knew better than me and you about Quran and its Tafseer . my answer will be short and easy and I hope you can understand the hadith:)

عن ابن عمر - رضي الله تعالى عنه - قال: قال رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - : "جعل الله الأهلة مواقيت للناس فصوموا لرؤيته وأفطروا لرؤيته، فإن غم عليكم فعدوا ثلاثين يوماً​

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم: " ...فإنه من يعش منكم بعدي فسيرى اختلافا كثيرا فعليكم بستني و سنة الخلفاء الراشدين المهديين ، تمسكوا بها و عضو عليها بالنواجذ و إياكم و محدثات الأمور؛ فإن كل محدثة بدعة و كل بدعة ضلالة". (رواه أبو داوود و الترمذي و قال حسن صحيح)

:bismillah:
قال تعالى : " ومااتاكم الرسول فخذوه ومانهاكم عنه فانتهوا " . صدق الله العظيم​

wa salaam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Really this discussion should not be happening.

I Invite people to participate in the discussion as to reach its logical conclussion. As a lead, I would like to mention here that we the muslims, irrespective of our caste and creed have mistakenly adopted the lunar system instead of the natural calendar system i.e. Solar System, which has without any doubt an authorotative supermacy not only upon the earth but whole the universe.

I have simply asked the references specifically from Holy Quran. I have gone through the quotations you have mentioned and I also heve read a lot of other narrations in this regards that heve beet attributed to Rasoolallah s.a.w.a w. It does not mean that I do not believe in ahadees of Rasoolallah s.a.w.a.w. but reliability of the source of the ahadees can be debatable.

To be frank, and as polite as possible this is nonsensical. You are simply ignoring hadith in order to further some strange misconception that Muslims need to change aspects of their religion.

Firstly, interpreting verses of Quran is something for scholars to answer. You're not a scholar to give fatwa and interpret verses.

Brother Cyrus it is important that you accept the hadith... to say like you have, that hadith are "debatable" is not for you. What this means is that you are doubting Sahih hadith. This is a great sin.

without any doubt an authorotative supermacy not only upon the earth but whole the universe

It is important for us all to accept the Scholarly interpretation of and verdicts rather than people like us, debating what verses and hadith mean.

Absolutely, nothing wrong with using Lunar calendar. This is what the best of mankind used, what the Prophet :saw: used... this fact should be enough for any Muslim. There is no reason for a Muslim to all of a suddenly reject the Islamic calendar for another.... based on ignorance of both Islam and science.

You can do as many calculations as you want, we stick to what God revealed and what Allah's messenger taught... for our intellect is not even comparable to a drop in the ocean to what Allah most high has knowledge of...

Wasalam

Summary:

We use Lunar Calendar for Islamic dates, such as Ramadan etc....... THere is no problem with this, and it is not up for debate.

Islam is based on Quran, Sunnah with understanding of the pious predecessors.....

A whole series of verses were copied and pasted, yet the meanings and interpretation was not from a Scholar....

.......... So we are Not people who can come and debate the verses by ourselves for we do not have knowledge or the position to do so......

Not for someone to use their limited intellect to that of God

Our knowledge is incomparable to that of Allah (swt).....

Surat al-Isra’, Ayah 36:
[Do not act or give judgements in the Religion without knowledge. On the Day of Judgment one’s ears, eyes, and heart will be asked about their deeds.]

The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and give him peace) said: "From the excellence of a man’s Islam is leaving that which does not concern him." (Tirmidhi)

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, "It is enough of a lie for a man to talk about everything he hears." (Muslim)

Furthermore such debates do not benefit the Muslims in any way. There are no problems in our Ummah with using the Lunar calendar. We use it every day and every year. . . . This topic is closed.​

I hope all brothers and sisters can recognise importance of seeking and basing their views on true 'ilm, knowledge.. which is the Quran and Sunnah with understanding of the Pious predecessors and scholars.​

Status
Not open for further replies.