madhabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

why should people say i follow this madhab or that?
cant we all just say we follow the sunnah and the quran?
personally i do not know who i do follow, i was asked and i said am a muslim as simple as that!
:wasalam:

:tti_sister:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

cant we all just say we follow the sunnah and the quran?

Nope we cannot.We should say follow quran and sunna according to the understanding of the salafus soleh. The 4 imams/mazhab all follow likewise .

why should people say i follow this madhab or that?
:
I think you should first know what meanse madhab. And what is the fundemental of a madhab.
:
cant we all just say we follow the sunnah and the quran?:
Madhab is the quran and sunnah.
:
personally i do not know who i do follow, i was asked and i said am a muslim as simple as that!
:wasalam:

Its depend on oyu which imam is trust worthy for you. If you self a scholar or achieve a level where you can understand the proofs of quran and usnnah correctly then you dont have to follow any imam.

As we are from ahle sunnah waal jamah. which means we follow sunnah and the practise of sahabah how they act upon hadiths.

And these 4 imams were from salaf us solihin. They help us to know about all these practise.

Shaykh al-Uthaymeen said
when the muqallid is an 'aamee (a common person) who does not have the ability to acquire knowledge of the sharee'ah ruling by himself. So follow an imam is obligatory upon him, due to the saying of Allaah - The Most High:-

"Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know."[2]

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

This question has been dealt with in past, alhamdulillah. Here are some earlier threads you can look at to understand this.

A Muslim must follow Islam according to the Quran and Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf as-Salih (the pious predecessors). This is how Islam is practised properly and the only way we should live it.

Its important for us to know who the Salaf were and to get our understanding from them>

The Prophet :saw: said:
"The best of people are my generation, then the second, then the third, then there will come a people, having no good in them." [[related by Ibn Mas'ood]

The Prophet :saw: said
"Hold on to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me. Hold on to it firmly. And beware of heretical innovations (Bid'ah) because each heretical innovation (Bid'ah) is a falsehood and each false- hood is a deviation from the right path." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi who said it is a good and sound hadith, and Ibn Majah)

If someone asks us which religion we follow.. then of course we must call ourselves Muslims.

Allah says in the Quran:

And strive hard in Allâh's Cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and with all your efforts that His Name should be superior). He has chosen you (to convey His Message of Islâmic Monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion, Islâm), and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, it is the religion of your father Ibrahim (Abraham) (Islâmic Monotheism). It is He (Allâh) Who has named you Muslims both before and in this (the Qur'ân), that the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) may be a witness over you and you be witnesses over mankind! So perform As*!Salât (Iqamat-as-Salât), give Zakât and hold fast to Allâh [i.e. have confidence in Allâh, and depend upon Him in all your affairs] He is your Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.), what an Excellent Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.) and what an Excellent Helper! [Surah Al-Imrân 3:78]

At the Time of the Prophet :saw: if someone had a dispute or problem, it would be easily solved because he :saw:, was there. And also for the next few generations it was easy enough to be a Muslim.

However, as you know there are many incorrect groups today, and there is a Hadith about our Ummah splitting into 73 sects, all of them in hellfire except one. The companions had asked our Prophet:saw: who these people were, and the Prophet :saw: replied, they are those that follow him and his companions. - So, that one sect is the one that follows and sticks to the Quran and authentic Sunnah with understanding of the early Muslims (Sahaba, Tabieen, Atba'tabieen).

As there are many people who belong to various groups and sects, we must make sure that people know who we are. Just as you saidin your post!! We learn our Islam from Quran and the authentic Sunnah. So we are Sunni. This is what being a Sunni means.

But, sometimes, people dont follow the Hadith properly, they formulate their own ideas and theories from the top of their heads.. astaghfirullah. - So, we must make sure we get our understanding from the early Muslims, as I mentioned above, the "Salaf-Salih".

Allaah’s Messenger :saw: said: “I order you with five things which Allaah ordered me with: The Jamaa’ah, [1] hearing, obeying, hijrah (migration) and jihaad in the way of Allaah - the Mighty and Majestic. So whosoever separates from the Jamaa’ah by a hand-span, throws of the yoke of Islaam from his neck, unless he repents. And whosoever calls with the call of the days of ignorance, then he is from the horde of Hell-Fire” It was said: Even if he fasts and prays? He said: “Even if he fasts and prays. So call with the call of Allaah, which Allaah gave: The Muslims, the Believers, Worshippers of Allaah.” [2]
1. At Teebee said - as occurs in Tuhfatul-Awaadhee Sharh Sununut-Tirmidhee (5/162): “What is meant by the Jamaa’ah is the Companions, the Taabi’een and the generation after the Taabi’een - the Salafus-Saalih (Pious Predecessors): That is, I order you to cling to their guidance and their way, and to associate with them.”

2. Saheeh: Related by at-Tirmidhee (nos.2863.4), at-Tiyaalasee (nos.1161-2) and others. And its chain of narration is Saheeh.

Imâm adh-Dhahabî (d.748H) - rahimahullâh - said:
“It is authentically related from ad-Dâraqutnî that he said: There is nothing more despised by me than ’ilmul-kalâm (innovated speech and rhetoric). I say: No person should ever enter into ’ilmul-kalâm, nor argumentation. Rather, he should be Salafî (a follower of the Salaf).” [11]

We Are Sunni, meaning people of the Sunnah. But we can also say that we are upon the manhaj or methedology of the salaf. As brother Kathiri pointed out above.

So, we can explain that we are Muslims who rely on Quran and Sunnah and have understanding of these sources from the Salaf Salih. - so this is what the Salafi Madhab is. Very simple and straightforward.

Which Madhab should I follow?

Guidelines for Following Madhhabs

The 4 imaams

4 imams

Whats the difference in the four schools?

The Sayings of the Four Imams on blind-following (Taqlid)

the madhhab followed here

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.