Mahdi

Kayote

:salam2:

Can anyone explain the role of 'Imam Mahdi' in light of the Quran & sunnah please.

From my understanding, its a belief of shia muslims & there is no mention of him in the Quran. Is there any basis to him?

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

this has been answered before:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1746

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513

He may not be mentioned in the Quran, but there is ample evidence of the Imam Mehdi in the Authentic Hadith. The Prophet :saw: told us about him.

We must be careful as to what we read with regards to him as the Shia have different, extreme views with regards to him and other Islamic figures in history, such as the companions of the Prophet :saw:. I.e. over praise to extent of deifying and cursing certain companions.

wasalam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaam

I am a BROTHER to you!!! (unless the meanings have been inverted!) sheeeeeesh! :p

Hey bro kayote i no the feeling.....i keep getting called a brother...lol..

Just to remind everyone i am a sister :hijabi:

mmmm....mayb we shud change our names...

wasalaam

Submitter

Haha well it's difficult for new users on the forum to know because they don't have permissions to view others users' profiles. But I would have thought with a name like "muslima80" it would have been quite obvious in your case sister :rolleyes:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

I am a BROTHER to you!!! (unless the meanings have been inverted!) sheeeeeesh! :p

Thanks again

assalamu alaykum Sorry.. hey, its the first time i made that mistake!!

You should have Kayotoo lol. jk

whats Kayote mean anyway?

Kayote

Salam

Thankyou all for supporting me for making a stand for my right to be referred to as a 'brother' :p

Kayote most probably means nothing really. I fell in love with Lion King when I saw it in 1993 (or something) & Ive always had this evilness about my character so I thought of adobpting the 'Coyote' name. I still like the name but not my character. Am working on it Insha'Allah.

Ma Salama

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum brother

Ok, will keep that in mind lol.
Its best to choose good names which reflect good character as this was the advice the Prophet Muhammad :saw: gave his companions.

Wasalam

Kayote

assalamu alaykum brother

Ok, will keep that in mind lol.
Its best to choose good names which reflect good character as this was the advice the Prophet Muhammad :saw: gave his companions.

Wasalam

Yes thats true. Well, my 'real' name is Salman (after the great strategist sahabi). So Insha'Allah it should reflect 'good' character. :0