Making world too beautiful: a mistake?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
dont you think that we are doing mistake by making the world too prosperous.

of course Islam is not against economic prosperity but it tells to be moderate in all aspects of life.

the mind and heart is being attached to it lot more than before. we are moving away frm our aim of Allah's pleasure and His jannah!

one scholar said that this life is like WC/lav. you stay there to fulfil the need and go away. neither you make it your home nor decorate/think over it too much.

but beautiful houses, wide roads, office towers, shopping malls, water parks, excess goods, many of us will just prefer to live here forever.

may Allah save us all.

aaiwang

ahmed_indian said:
... of course Islam is not against economic prosperity but it tells to be moderate in all aspects of life.
Of course, economical is tool to build syariah,, don't forget The Zakah is way to build it! :)

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
you can build house as brother said ... but keep it mind wamal hayyat tu dunya illa maata ... u not gonna stay her forever so don't attach ur self to these things ..rather these things are for everyday use... in Pakistan there was a literature icon ishfak Ahemd he once gave a very beautiful example .....
live in this world like a boat floating on the water surface ... it floats in the water n when water come into it, it cause it sink.... a very gud commentary on haidth kun fidunya kaaanka gareeebun aww aberus sabeel... live in this world as u r a stranger or a passer by...

UmmHadiqah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

I don't see what some people do with their wealth and prosperities and "beautiful" per se. Modern convenience is one thing...but big houses (especially for only a few ppl live in them), expensive smog producing cars, bling bling.....I don't like it. Yes, ppl have gotten away from the purpose of life...to serve Allah Subhana wa ta'ala. Getting all caught up in the things in dunya. What I do to make a difference: I live humbly, InshaAllah. I prefer my family stay together humble but comfortable. Even if Allah SWT grants me with this really good job, our life will remain simple, IA. One nasheed I heard, that I love, has a line:

...If you ask me
Surely this cannot be
You give your way so free
And you say your life is charity
It isn’t hard to see
I am a Muslim...

I believe as Muslims we should teach and lead by example