Malls and Masjids‏

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Malls and Masjids‏

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The dearest parts on the face of the earth near Allah are its mosques, and the most hated parts near Allah are its markets.” [Sahih Muslim]

The superiority of the mosques is obvious. People pray and worship Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) in mosques. They recite the Quran in it and encourage one another to obey Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). The mosque in the time of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was also the head quarters of the Islamic State. Foreign delegations were received there, the consultative assembly was held in Masjid-e-Nabwi, and all matters of state were discussed therein.

On the other hand, malls and bazaars are where people forget Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). The adhan and time of prayer go unnoticed. Shaitaan makes us indulge in such forbidden acts as fraud, lying, gossiping, checking people out and wasting money.

Malls and bazaars are disliked for the many sins that are likely to occur in them, not least of which is taking Allah’s blessings and favours for granted. Shops taunt us with their glittery ware, flaunting before us all that we do not possess of material goods, while possessing these things is of no value to our everlasting life. We end up wasting our money which we could have used to come closer to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).

Spending more time than necessary in market places is also a waste of another precious commodity: time. “Hanging out”, “window shopping” and “killing time” are the very antithesis of an Islamic understanding of life. During an exam does any sane person do anything except focus on getting the exam questions answered correctly? We are in an exam until we die. What we do every second that we are alive, counts in the final assessment. We can’t afford to waste time. The purpose of life is simply to qualify for Allah’s Grace and His granting us everlasting happiness in Jannah. There is no other purpose to life.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
During an exam does any sane person do anything except focus on getting the exam questions answered correctly? We are in an exam until we die. What we do every second that we are alive, counts in the final assessment. We can’t afford to waste time.

I guess i belong to the insane category then.. I sleep during exam time, think about everything happening in the world, dream, build castles in air, fairy tales.. :D :p LOL.. But some how i manage to write most of the answers too. :) Alhamdulilah..

But on a serious note.. Your hadiths with explanation are too good. Love them. :) :)
May Allah(SWT) reward you for all the efforts :) Ameen..

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
^^ You're not the only one. I tend to ponder over life quite deep when I'm in like a 2/3 hrs paper and there's like another one hour left and its either because I finished answering or could not answer at all.

Jazaaki Allaahu khaayr Sister Afrarzk for the hadeeth. If you don't mind, can you also quote the number and chapter of the hadeeth?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thanks for sharing.

During the night of Ramadhan, before, in between or after the Tarawih prayers there will be sheikh delivering talks. Unfortunately almost every sheikh will keep mentioning that "after second week of Ramadhan, there will be more people at the malls and less at mosque for Tarawih". It is a fact, yearly affair. But I'm annoyed because the sheikh saying can be a du'a! Why are we worried muslims are not coming to mosque for Tarawih? Why not worry now, Muslims are not coming to mosque for fard salah?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing this ukht.SubhanAllah ,I have moved to a new city and I was travelling to a nearby city therein and there were four malls in a row!
Not a sign of a masjid nearby.This hadith is really something to ponder over.Our eyes,ears constantly are in touch with glitter of man made things and in a way are veiled from what Allah created,the sky,earth and the beautiful landscape.When we try looking at sky,we see skyscrapers or billboards and glitter.This causes a covering of fitrah and men appreciating their works,even though all praise and thanks is to Allah who taught us the name of things and everything.

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

Spending more time than necessary in market places is also a waste of another precious commodity: time. “Hanging out”, “window shopping” and “killing time” are the very antithesis of an Islamic understanding of life.
Assalaamu Alaikum,
Point noted.

Killing time: 'Man speaks of killing time, but its time which surely and silently kills man.!'

Ahha, a better phrased quote: ' "Men talk of killing time, when time slowly kills them"'

all4islam

Asslamu Alikum

MahsAllah really benefit .Nowadays some of the people really do think
shopping is for hanging out with friends or just do window shopping.As fashion is coming out time to time new one.

JazakAllah khair for sharing

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

On the other hand:

Our masjids are filled with those whose hearts are not sincere. They bring with them the glitter and glitz of the mall. I have witnessed sisters who will not pray alongside others. Our masjid rows are not sincere Believers but women putting on a show.

Let us not pretend that our masjids are filled with those who are devout. All that can be done at the mall is still done at the masjid.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaam alaikum,
Our masjids are filled with those whose hearts are not sincere. .

Walaikumassalaam,
Well.. Atleast ppl come to masjid.. I hardly find ppl in masjid for prayers.. Even when the iqamat is happening i get to join the 1st row and 2 steps away from imam.. It's heart-bleeding to see such a state.. Only on Jummah, i don't know from where soo many ppl come off.. Only on friday, i come to know that there are soo many muslims in my locality.. I wonder where we are heading off to??! :(

Our masjid rows are not sincere Believers.
Let us not pretend that our masjids are filled with those who are devout.

Pretty true.. I guess.. But am nobody to comment on their imaan.. It's between Allah(SWT) and them :)
Peace :)

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
I guess i belong to the insane category then.. I sleep during exam time, think about everything happening in the world, dream, build castles in air, fairy tales.. :D :p LOL.. But some how i manage to write most of the answers too. :) Alhamdulilah..

But on a serious note.. Your hadiths with explanation are too good. Love them. :) :)
May Allah(SWT) reward you for all the efforts :) Ameen..

^^ You're not the only one. I tend to ponder over life quite deep when I'm in like a 2/3 hrs paper and there's like another one hour left and its either because I finished answering or could not answer at all.

Jazaaki Allaahu khaayr Sister Afrarzk for the hadeeth. If you don't mind, can you also quote the number and chapter of the hadeeth?

Assalam Alaikum Wa rahmathullah

haha.....you both and me are in the extreme end i guess. In my exam time i will be focused and indulged in the world of questions and answers.........subhanAllah i really feel how quickly the time rolls out and i will be writing and writing till the time is up.......But Alhamdulilla evrything goes smoothly :)

And i guess lil misunderstanding lies here. This hadiths with explanations are not my wordings.I get it from my friends and through mails. Masha'Allah in hadiths there is somthing for us to ponder over.So i just share the knowledge i gain with u guys. thats it

May Allah(swt) reward all of them who put effort to spread the deen-ul islam and May Allah help us to practice the knowledge which we gain ....Ameen ya samee' ud duaa

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing this ukht.SubhanAllah ,I have moved to a new city and I was travelling to a nearby city therein and there were four malls in a row!
Not a sign of a masjid nearby.This hadith is really something to ponder over.Our eyes,ears constantly are in touch with glitter of man made things and in a way are veiled from what Allah created,the sky,earth and the beautiful landscape.When we try looking at sky,we see skyscrapers or billboards and glitter.This causes a covering of fitrah and men appreciating their works,even though all praise and thanks is to Allah who taught us the name of things and everything.

:wasalam:

Asslamu Alikum

MahsAllah really benefit .Nowadays some of the people really do think
shopping is for hanging out with friends or just do window shopping.As fashion is coming out time to time new one.

JazakAllah khair for sharing

Wa alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmathullah Wa barakath

Wa iyyakum

Ya very very true........SubhanAllah fitnas are more in this present world......unknowingly we tend to fall in traps and follow the footsteps of shaithan .....na'oodhubillah

May Allah grant us a heart that is strong which doesnot fall in the worldly glitters.....Ameen ya rabb

‏اللَّهُمَّ ‏ ‏مُصَرِّفَ ‏ ‏الْقُلُوبِ ‏ ‏صَرِّفْ ‏ ‏قُلُوبَنَا عَلَى طَاعَتِكَ ‏

Allāhumma Musarrif al-Qulūbi Sarrif Qulūbana ‘alā Tā’atika

O Allah, Turner of the hearts, direct our hearts to Your obedience.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Thanks for sharing.

During the night of Ramadhan, before, in between or after the Tarawih prayers there will be sheikh delivering talks. Unfortunately almost every sheikh will keep mentioning that "after second week of Ramadhan, there will be more people at the malls and less at mosque for Tarawih". It is a fact, yearly affair. But I'm annoyed because the sheikh saying can be a du'a! Why are we worried muslims are not coming to mosque for Tarawih? Why not worry now, Muslims are not coming to mosque for fard salah?

welcome brother

indeed itss sad. Most of them dont realise the offers which Allah gives us. We tend to take the oppurtunities silly and become a full looser.......Asthagfirullah

May Allah guide those people to straight path and forgive us for our evil deeds . Ameen ya rabb

Assalaam alaikum,

On the other hand:

Our masjids are filled with those whose hearts are not sincere. They bring with them the glitter and glitz of the mall. I have witnessed sisters who will not pray alongside others. Our masjid rows are not sincere Believers but women putting on a show.

Let us not pretend that our masjids are filled with those who are devout. All that can be done at the mall is still done at the masjid.

Wa alaikum As Salam Wa rahmathullah

ya Aapa u are right. there are lot of people like that. And the deen they are aware of is far far deviated from the teachings of Prophet(saw)

May Allah grant them hidaya and help us to work more for the hereafter.... Ameen

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Assalaamu Alaikum,
Point noted.

Killing time: 'Man speaks of killing time, but its time which surely and silently kills man.!'

Ahha, a better phrased quote: ' "Men talk of killing time, when time slowly kills them"'

Wa Alaikum As salam Wa rahmathullah

jazzakallah khairan

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I believe it would benefit everyone if the imams would have more kuthbas on manners in a masjid including extending salaams to others. It is quite simple.

strive-may-i

Assalam Alaikum Wa rahmathullah

haha.....you both and me are in the extreme end i guess. In my exam time i will be focused and indulged in the world of questions and answers.........subhanAllah i really feel how quickly the time rolls out and i will be writing and writing till the time is up.......But Alhamdulilla evrything goes smoothly :)

Hold on. Just you three? Can you count 1 billion, oh wait, there are actually 7 billion out there too... !

Once a student set out to answer the first question in question paper, with confidence. Few lines, then lines became paragraph, And somehow the student felt, the question deserved more attention and continued to fill pages in the first booklet. Not satisfied and with great purpose, the student asked for additional answer sheets and started doing justice to the topic asked in the question. Finally when this student had answered the question to hearts content, 20 minutes was remaining. But the writing was clear, passing the exam with just 20 minutes was going to be a tough task. Under Panic, the student turned around looking for help. A classmate behind sensing the panic, raised eyebrows. The student replied, in low voice i just finished answering first question. Classmate amused, having watched this classmate gather extra answer sheets, sensing what might have happened (epic answer :p ), calmly replied, focus on solving the numerical problems in x,y,z sections, you will make through. It turned out the student passed. The examiner must have been impressed by the sense of justice in the answer sheet :)

And i guess lil misunderstanding lies here. This hadiths with explanations are not my wordings.I get it from my friends and through mails. Masha'Allah in hadiths there is somthing for us to ponder over.So i just share the knowledge i gain with u guys. thats it

May Allah(swt) reward all of them who put effort to spread the deen-ul islam and May Allah help us to practice the knowledge which we gain ....Ameen ya samee' ud duaa
Your intentions are good and you said the truth. So, May Allah help you remain thus and increase your Humility, Imaan.... Ameen

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
My imam did that, it will take time to change people. Often I give salam to imam (other imams) but there will be no reply.

Brother, you are a better Muslim than those imams who ignore your salam. I remember seeing an Imam in Syria who had his own chauffeur and body guards. I laughed at what an arrogant joke he was. It made me honor Umar bin Khattab (RA) even more.

"One afternoon a Roman emissary arrived in Madinah on important diplomatic business with the Caliph. When he enquired as to the whereabouts of Umar (RA), he was directed to a man sleeping peacefully under a tree: with no bodyguards, no weapons, no fortifications and no security. The Roman messenger marvelled at this sight: the sight of the leader of millions of people sleeping peacefully under a tree without a care in the world. He then remarked his famous words that remain etched into history until today: “O Umar! You ruled. You were just. Thus you were safe. And thus you slept.”