mAN turning into a Tree!!!!!

ShyHijabi

Salam

I have to say I am extremely disappointed in some of the posters here who have absolutely no compassion for someone with a (in the west) easily treatable disease. TO call another human being GROSS, disgusting, or to insinuate that he is some forest creature, or that he must be being punished for something is just plain cruel. Is a child who is born with a cleft lip, missing limb, or other deformity being punished from God for something...or is it just a trial from God?

This man is doing his best to still take care of his children, despite the poor treatment he gets from locals. I commend him and I hope the American doctors are able to help him get healed, both physically and emotionally, from the years he has spent like this.

Maybe it is because I am a teacher and I have seen children with all sorts of birth defects, deformities, or even damage from accidents, that I have compassion for people who don't fit the "Normal" mold. I hope those of you who only saw "disgust", or "gross"ness take a moment to realize that he is a real man, a human being with feelings, emotions, family, and a right to be treated with respect.

Lana

Salaam sister Lana,

Truly you are wise and I must agree with everything you posted here. The lack of maturity and compassion I am reading is very disheartening. It appears not one of the insulters have read their Quran or would know the story of Job (Ayub) (Peace be upon him.) This man is being tested and is showing an amazing amount of patience and dignity in the face of great ignorance.

While his skin may be diseased and repulse some, can you imagine the beauty of his soul on Judgement day for passing this test? Perhaps it will be us that repulses others because our soul will be 100 times more diseased than this man's physical form. Astafruillah

Wasalaam

~Sarah