MANSLAUGHTER ALOUD IN ISLAM!?

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
:salam2:, I was having a debate with a Christian, she bought up a question that why does Islam allow violence and cruelty. I clearly told her that Islam does NOT support violence, supporting it with a verse from the Quran.

5:32:For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.

The bolded words above it says that Islam alows manslaughter?

Any help?!
:salam2:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

This is what my verse say

5:32 Al Ma'idah

"Because of that We presribed to the Children of Isael that whoever kills a soul, unless it be for retaliation or because of spreading corruption earth, it would be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoever saves a life, it would be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. And certainly Our Messsengers came to them with Clear Signs, but even after that many of the (the Children of Israel) transgressed on earth"

Salam Amirah80

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Key word retaliation. If someone comes to you to fight you have the fight to fight back and kill them if they do not come to fight and you kill it is as if you killed all of mankind..............

tarannumsamir

This is what my verse say

5:32 Al Ma'idah

"Because of that We presribed to the Children of Isael that whoever kills a soul, unless it be for retaliation or because of spreading corruption earth, it would be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoever saves a life, it would be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. And certainly Our Messsengers came to them with Clear Signs, but even after that many of the (the Children of Israel) transgressed on earth"

Salam Amirah80

jazakallah sister amirah 80.
this is the proper meaning of the verse.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Ya akhi , tell the person she go the wrong translation. At the same time, do not forget to finish her off so that she will doubt her religion. inshAllah Allah opens the person heart. You can use the link i provide above ,to finish her off