Marriage, The Door To Wealth!

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Marriage, The Door To Wealth!

And marry those among you who are single (male and female) and (also marry) the pious of your (male) slaves and maid-servant (female slaves). If they be poor, Allaah will enrich them out of His Bounty. And Allaah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knowing.” [Surah An-Noor, 32]

Through this aayah, the companions would encourage others to get maried.

Abu Bakr As-Sadeeq is reported to have said, “Obey Allaah in what He comanded you to do by getting married; He will then fulfil His promise to you to make you rich.” He then recited the (above) verse.

‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab said. “Seek richness through marriage!

Likewise, ‘Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ood said, “Find richness by getting married.

‘Abdullaah Ibn ‘Abbaas said, “Allah has commanded (the Muslims) to get married, and He has encouraged and enticed them for it. So He has commanded to marry off their free-men and slaves (i.e., all those under their protection), and He has then promised them richness as a result.

It has been narated that ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab once remarked. “I have never seen any stranger than a man who does not seek richness through marriage, even though Allaah has promised, as a result of it (i.e., marriage) what He has promised: “…if they are poor, Allaah will enrich them out of His Bounty.“

So, O Servant of Alaah, what is there now that prevents you from marriage? Is not the promise of Allaah sufficient for you? And do you not know that the Prophet (saw) said: ”Three people have a right upon Allaah that they should be helped: (a) the one who desires to get married, seeking chastity, (b) the slave that desires to be freed (by paying his master a pre-agreed amount of money), (c) and the fighter in the way of Allaah.” [Tirmidhi 1/311, who declared it hasan saheeh, Al-Haakim 2/160 who declared it saheeh and Adh-Dhahaabi agreed with him, and others. It was also declared hasan by Shaykh Al-Albaani in Ghaayat Al-Maraam 210]

Concerning the aayah, ‘Alaamah As-Sa’di says in his tafseer that “it is obligatory on the close relative, and the one in charge of the orphan – all those whom he is obliged to support – to ensure that those who need to get married, are married.“

Regarding the saying “…If they be poor, Allaah will enrich them out of His Bounty…”, ‘Alaamah As-Sa’di says, “So do not be prevented by what you faulsly assume that, once he gets marrried, he will become poor because of his family. And in the verse is a strong encouragement tp get married, and a promise to the married one that he will become rich after poverty!

[Taken from "15 Ways To Increase Your Earnings" by Yasir Qaadhi, with slight editing]

Source: theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/marriage-the-door-to-wealth/

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

subhanallah. jazaak Allah khairan

we think that by giving charity or spending on one's wife/children, the wealth decreases but in reality in increases.

but only His believers could recognise it.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salaamu 'alaikkum, indeed the promise of Allaah to His slaves is ever true. One question I always wanted to ask about which I keep forgetting to ask is about the next ayah that follows the ayah... "And marry those among you who are single (male and female) and (also marry) the pious of your (male) slaves and maid-servant (female slaves). If they be poor, Allaah will enrich them out of His Bounty. And Allaah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knowing"

The next ayah nearly translates to (according to Muhsin khan & Al Hilali), " And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His Bounty. And such of your slaves as seek a writing (of emancipation), give them such writing, if you know that they are good and trustworthy. And give them something yourselves out of the wealth of Allah which He has bestowed upon you. And force not your maids to prostitution, if they desire chastity, in order that you may make a gain in the (perishable) goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them (to prostitution), then after such compulsion, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to those women, i.e. He will forgive them because they have been forced to do this evil action unwillingly)."

I would really appreciate it, if someone could explain the next ayah to me in connection to the previous one. BarakAllaahu feekum

Salaamu 'alaikkum

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
I want to ask the brothers and sisters here , at what age would you reccommend marriage at? I am 19 years old and I want to get married like today lol, but like living in the "west" nobody here gets married at 19 (not sure about some muslims but idk anyone) but like half the bad deeds are gone once you get married... like u have your wife ya know... It's so hard to get a wife im guessing i will be atleast 25-26 before I have my things together in order to attract a women with sometype of comfort of living. What are your views?
peace out

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
I want to ask the brothers and sisters here , at what age would you reccommend marriage at? I am 19 years old and I want to get married like today lol, but like living in the "west" nobody here gets married at 19 (not sure about some muslims but idk anyone) but like half the bad deeds are gone once you get married... like u have your wife ya know... It's so hard to get a wife im guessing i will be atleast 25-26 before I have my things together in order to attract a women with sometype of comfort of living. What are your views?
peace out

Salaamu 'alaikkum, nobody gets married at 19??!!! I know brothers who got married around 19,20 and even one who got married when he was 17 ma shaAllaah. If what your looking for is a pious women, then that is what she will most likely look for, in you. Many brothers have told me how they got married to sisters by giving very less mahr, £500, £200, a piece of Niqaab, a date seed << YES its actually happened ma shaAllaah. So money is not a problem, as the salaf explains to us to seek richness through marriage.

:salam2:

'Purity'

peace out

I live in the west as well and I know countless Muslims (between the age of 17-22) who have gotten married. I can guarantee you, none of the men have or had their things together as you put it. They're still studying as well. Finding a future spouse is not an easy task, obviously it will take some time and effort, but if you're ready to get married then Inshallah you will be granted the opportunity.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
early marriage is the best.....

the older u get the less ''excitement'' there is... the younger u r (17/18 etc) then the more ''fun'' it is...

Common! what bro wouldnt hav LOVED to have someone to hug and kiss everyday? hey? hey?

newlight99

Assalamu alaikum w r w b all of you

Well, to address this issue, what can one do on a community level to help those among us who are single to get married? Any suggestions?

I posted something like this but I forgot that this post was already posted sorry.

Wasalam

hana*

Muslim families have made marriage a very difficult concept, be it by demanding vast ammounts of money or a house or by demanding that the potential suitor is the same ethnic origin or the 'what does he work as' doctrine.

all too many atimes, the 'faith and good character' concept that the Prophet peace be upon him mentioned is overlooked or taken as a side dish. in addition, many young males who want to get married can not because of their financial situation. it is a sad situation, which, in many atimes, leads to zina.

i definately agree that the younger the better, but at the same time one has to be ready for the commitments.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalamu alaikum w r w b all of you

Well, to address this issue, what can one do on a community level to help those among us who are single to get married? Any suggestions?

I posted something like this but I forgot that this post was already posted sorry.

Wasalam

1. asking the imam to collect the profiles of muslims who want to get married.

2. opening a "help box" to donate for those who cant marry due to financial reasons.

3. explaining the young muslims about importance of marriage. encouraging the parents to look for spouses for their children

duas to Allah for help and mercy.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Well, I perfectly agree if one is ready enough to get marry, even if he/she is at a young age, then I'd say ; go for it. But being ready enough doesnt mean having enough of everything. Since marriage is part of completing half of the deen, so its not just a one day commitment (Im sure everyone is aware of that), but rather its a lifetime commitment. You may not have enough of everything (money, education etc) at the early stage of your marriage, but InshaAllaah if you marry for the sake of Allaah, for the sake of protecting your chastity, InshaAllaah Allaah is always there to help you eventhough it might be quite a struggle in the beginning.

Another thing that needs to be taking into account is the 'approval' of the family. While having the approval of the parents is a must, and if getting married at an early age is not so common in one's community, it might be quite a 'battle' because the guy (especially) must convince both parents that he is more than ready to build up his own family and giving his full commitment to them. Its like you are going against the culture or norm at your place but of course not against the sunnah. So one must be brave enough to do that. And also, maturity is another thing too.

There really is a lot of fitnah in today's world, so if a guy/girl thinks marriage is a way to avoid such things esp like having boyfriend/girlfriend, then marriage might be the remedy to it. But one must also remember that marriage is not just about fulfilling one's desires in the halal way and not just about love, but its much more than that. Its about bringing the future ummah, and its about leading your family and yourself to Jannah. Its a huge responsiblity, I must say, but its never impossible for one to do it as long as faith in Allaah is always the priority to that person.

And of course, in Islam, the marriage ceremony shouldnt be something that would burden the man. In contrast with the reality today, many men couldnt get marry due to the high demanding of mahr requested by the girl's family.

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 62 :: Hadith 80

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:
The Prophet said to a man, "Marry, even with (a Mahr equal to) an iron ring."

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 62 :: Hadith 58

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:
A woman came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have come to you to present myself to you (for marriage)." Allah's Apostle glanced at her. He looked at her carefully and fixed his glance on her and then lowered his head. When the lady saw that he did not say anything, she sat down. A man from his companions got up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! If you are not in need of her, then marry her to me." The Prophet said, "Have you got anything to offer." The man said, 'No, by Allah, O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet said (to him), "Go to your family and try to find something." So the man went and returned, saying, "No, by Allah, O Allah's Apostle! I have not found anything." The Prophet said, "Go again and look for something, even if it were an iron ring." He went and returned, saying, "No, by Allah, O Allah's Apostle! I could not find even an iron ring, but this is my Izar (waist sheet).' He had no Rida (upper garment). He added, "I give half of it to her." Allah's Apostle said "What will she do with your Izar? If you wear it, she will have nothing over herself thereof (will be naked); and if she wears it, then you will have nothing over yourself thereof ' So the man sat for a long period and then got up (to leave). When Allah's Apostle saw him leaving, he ordered that he e called back. When he came, the Prophet asked (him), "How much of the Qur'an do you know (by heart)?" The man replied, I know such Sura and such Sura and such Sura," naming the suras. The Prophet said, "Can you recite it by heart?" He said, 'Yes." The Prophet said, "Go I let you marry her for what you know of the Quran (as her Mahr).

another similar hadeeth in Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 62 :: Hadith 24

As for the question, how to help those single who wants to get marry is - well, maybe one can ask around good people and trustworthy, pious friends if there is any brother/sister whom they might know who wish to get marry as well. Who knows that maybe there are singles among their family members that are also looking for a marriage.

I hope that to all those singles out there, may Allaah meet us with our spouse that has been fated for us long before we were born, build up a good, islamic family with the environment of bi'ah solehah and eventually create such strong Muslims who will rule the world in the future. Aminn Aminn

p/s: I always find it very heart-warming a family who always pray the 5 obligatory prayers congregational, where the father who is the imam of the solat and other family members of his will follow him. And whenever the father is not around, the son, even if he is at a young age but already have a firm understanding of the deen, takes over his father responsibility to be the imam of the solat. MashaAllaah! Such peaceful environment!

Wassalam.

arzafar

but i have a problem with 'getting ready' mindset.
How do we define getting ready? how much wealth, knowledge, maturity level constitutes getting ready?

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
but i have a problem with 'getting ready' mindset.
How do we define getting ready? how much wealth, knowledge, maturity level constitutes getting ready?

Akhi, actually the answer lies within yourself. Ask yourself, are your ready to share a life with someone, to bring up your future children and giving your full commitment to your family?

As for knowledge, each one of us is always learning something new everyday. Having the knowledge of the deen is important so that we know what is our rights to our spouse and children and theirs to us.

Anyways, in the end, if you think that you have found the right person and is ready for the big-step in your life, Istikhara is always the best 'guidance' for you to find peace in making your decision.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

newlight99

@ahmedindian

Jazakallah khair for the suggestions. If only we had a strong base here in our local masjid (Lynnwood, Washington).

But here in our mosque it is getting better since more people come for salat at Isha time and maghrib time, it used to be closed at maghrib.........subhanallah!

May Allah (swt) make it easy on us to get married and for the married ones to increase their love towards each other!

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
assalaam o alaykum,

i say it again and again, early marriage is the thing (as with polygamy!)

the older u get the less u wana get married.... I've sort of like "given up" even HOPING to get married..... I feel like shouting at every1 who could have helped me but didnt...

its wierd, but... man, i dunno...

i wish i got married long ago, but now.... well, a hug and a kiss would have been more "exciting" mayb a year or 2 ago, but now its just like "a kiss, yeah, big deal"

parents r to blame 4 not getting their kids married.....

just look, when i post a artcle about marrige, it gets loads of hits, as compared to when i post a artcle about somethng else....

Also, not geting married FORCES a man to masturbate and FORCES a woman to flirt around with guys.....

MARRIAGE IS THE SOLUTION!

Kakorot

:wasalam:

I think it is good to get married young, for those who need to. There are many people who wait till they are ready for marriage, which is ok if they can wait. I guess Muslim boys/men want to get married earlier and quicker than the Muslim girls/women because of fitna, temptation etc.
However, I just wanted to ask, that nowadays, if a young man is a student and doesn't have a job but gets married, then how does he support his wife financially?
One of my friends got married when she was 17. She didn't announce it in public, but after a while she informed us. Now, she is 20 and has a son who was born a few months ago, Mashaa Allaah.
If brothers and sisters want to get married, then you all should inform your parents. How would they know what you want if you don't let them know? But then again, some parents don't want their children to get married early. Parents have forgotten how it is to be young these days :p , and I believe that's because they themselves got married when they were young and there is a huge generation gap between us and them. Moreover, they don't know the fitna that exists out there, which the Muslim youth face, because they have not experienced it.
God willing, if I have children, and they want to get married young (esp my sons) then I will help and support them by all means, because I would knoe exactly what they are going through. Also, I'd rather have my teenage children do things the halal way and get rewarded, rather than doing haraam disobedient acts, which I will be accounatble for too.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I can not address the issues of the east. In the west we have many issues. When we have sub-communities we are still a part of the non-Muslim community.
The younger girls who go to college are not willing to marry. They want to work and live before they get hitched. The boys go to college and want to work. Mom and dad find a match and funny thing we now have these long engagements. I know a couple that are going to wait four years. He has to finish med school.
The poor still marry young. The wealthier are funny. When a girl hits 25 the parents panic. I have seen all kinds of stupid ads in Muslim magazines. All girls are western educated fair skinned slim and attractive. They need a tall well educated engineer or doctor.
I did not realize Muslims needed to be just doctors or engineers. I always thought a plumber is a good trade. He can fix things. And where did we go wrong with looks and body type???
The matrimonial sites are hilarious. They have 80 year old men wanting 18 year olds. They need a nurse.
So hang in there. Make sincere dua. I'm still praying that Allah subhana talla send me a pious believer. This will be my third marriage, Insha'Allah. But, I believe. And I will invite everyone to my wedding. We may need people to help us remember that we are getting married. ( Just kidding).

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Lol Sister Mirajmom. I will surely go to your wedding eventhough you live at another part of the world from me :)

And yeah, when it comes to the topic of marriage, I realized it does grabs everybody attention. I do wonder though, why is it parents doesnt want their children to get marry early. Well in the east, it might be the perception that the couple who gets marry early is because either the woman/man doesnt feel like pursuing his/her studies anymore or just because they are brave enough to come up with the decision to get marry.

Well I must say that I've heard a lot of news from old friends that it is usually the very good,pious people - usually those taking Islamic courses in university who tends to marry while studying. Most probably they want to avoid fitnah because even at the university it is free mixing between opposite genders. While Yes, it is not easy at all to marry and study, but No, its not impossible for the marriage to be successful.

I think I did kind of give a hint to my mom. That I feel like wanting to marry as soon as I finish my degree (if earlier that that, I think I'm ready though :) ), but I guess she wants me to work first and have a good job before settling down. Pheww.. I wonder when will the time come. Lol

Anyways, it was just my two cents. And sister Channa, if it were my children that wanted to get marry early and I can see that they are responsible enough to take care of their own family, then I would absolutely support and "let them go" for their new life. :)

Wassalam.