Marriage,what to do if there love no more?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
my question was clear and direct:in Islam,can a woman ask and obtain the divorce if there is love no more in the couple??put apart the duties of the bride in the family,and put apart also the duty towards Allah,because He wants for us our happiness and not our sadness.maybe a divorced woman can love Allah much before,so,my dears brothers and sisters,how can I respond,if it is asked to me if the wife can obtain the divorce from a man she doesn't love?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You need to ask someone with authority.

Sister, it may have been lost in translation but reread this. Since she is not Muslim it may be easier. She does not have to think as a Muslim or do as a Muslim. And that may be the problem, she has kept the duyna with her. How can she know Islamic love if she is not Muslim.

But she has to be honest with her husband. She is behaving like a non-Muslim

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you very much for the post,I'll ask to someone who has knowledge.even if I kept inspiration frm that couple of friends,I ws focusing my attention tothe muslim woman who after may years of marriage,love,patience(above all patience),she sees herself at the age of 40s and feels so unloved and unestimated because her husband doesn'e pay attention to her...this hypitetical wife has the right to stop her marriage?I read surat At Talaq,but I can't understand it very well.the husband can divorce from the wife twice and he can't get married to the same wife until she gets married to another man.in sura An Nisa it's mentioned how to treat the wife...there are many hadith about this matter(lovetowards a wife and tenderness)but are the husbands of nowdays so tender with their wives?I saw some couples of arabs who use to have bad converstions,I heard someone dispute and the wife swearing against the husband...I must say there there are some women who are really "hard" to listen and obey...but if the husband uses to stay out of home all day long and comes in the night,doesn't his behaviour damage the sense of "duty and patience"of that wife who is taking care of someone who doesn't estimate as before?

esperanza

revert of many years
dear sister..i really want to know this answer too...have heard that a woman asked the prophet PBUH if she can divorce..just because did not like him anymore..he agreed

but have also read if a woman asks for divorce will not taste paradise..

so what is the answer

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You sisters are not getting it.

You may divorce if that is the last resort. You have to go through several stages to divorce.

If a woman at the age of 40 feels unloved because her husband does not pay attention to her..she has a lot of growing up to do. If that is all it takes for her to be upset ...I really think her husband should have at least one mature wife.

I am amused. If you do not wish to be married anymore..get a divorce.

The woman who asked the Prophet about divorce ended up marrying the Prophet. Her ex-husband is the only Companion named in the Quran.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I know a really dear friend of mine,she's italian reverted to Islam like me,she's married and for the first time I knew form her mouth that she feels not as loved as she was before.I told her to try to talk to her husband and tell him to be more present in her life,but it seems he doesn't care.now the only one thing which makes her to be happy is the remembrance of Allah.she doesn't know how many years she'll resist in this situation but she puts her life in the hands of Allah,this is maybe the true love.

strive-may-i

What to do when there is love no more, seems to say love was an accident, lets find another vehicle and bump, to make love accident!!!

This thread is about a marriage, where in mid life, partners feel the old magic of love missing in their marriage. So does it makes sense to find whats missing in another marriage. So the valued asset of the marriage is love , somewhere in middle of lifes grind, the partners loosened their mutual grip on it, and with time lost it. When something is missing one should put effort in finding whats lost and bringing back the most valued asset. same applies to marriage, I humbly feel. Blaming the other will take the focus away from the love thats missing and put focus on the newly created blame.

Divorce at drop of hat is wrong, its like shooting the goose that laid good eggs, without treating it first. A human mind seeking immediate solution could do it, in the heat of the moment. And hence many a customs try to avoid the question. Quran makes it clear, Prophets rulings in such matter and Shariah, give us clear directions on how to go about it. Counselling is definitely first step, before divorce. The relation-ship called marriage sometimes needs a tug boat, and hand holding from outside to survive rough weather. So much effort years , good memories, a family all would go in vain.

Its very important to be rational here, Love can make one blind, and jump to conclusion, take extreme risks. Thats harmful. When there is lack of love, or what they call the spark of love in marriage, it can make one long for those magical old times. And again the solution seeking mind, would want to look elsewhere. And a desperate mind, could do a desperate act. It could result in a divorce. This is what happens in most marriages, the partners themself break it. Post divorce, one would feel still more lonely, and want back some love definitely... Its not easy for a old divorcee to find a second better option, the complications are more. Its not difficult to rekindle love, the daily grind of life can at times, take the focus away from what really matters and divert it on the materialistic nature.

On other hand, if the marriage is really shaky and the partner is having very serious differences that cannot be reconciled at all, then yes, breaking that marriage contract, by divorce makes sense.

We are in a time where ME is overshadowing, everything else and threatening the social fabric. A sign of the times. The institution of marriage has been made to sink by irrelevant dogmas. Marriage is a simple effective social binding to prevent radical extreme.

But in doing all this we need to remind each other Faith and Submission to Will of Almighty Allah is primary!

esperanza

revert of many years
What to do when there is love no more, seems to say love was an accident, lets find another vehicle and bump, to make love accident!!!

This thread is about a marriage, where in mid life, partners feel the old magic of love missing in their marriage. So does it makes sense to find whats missing in another marriage. So the valued asset of the marriage is love , somewhere in middle of lifes grind, the partners loosened their mutual grip on it, and with time lost it. When something is missing one should put effort in finding whats lost and bringing back the most valued asset. same applies to marriage, I humbly feel. Blaming the other will take the focus away from the love thats missing and put focus on the newly created blame.

Divorce at drop of hat is wrong, its like shooting the goose that laid good eggs, without treating it first. A human mind seeking immediate solution could do it, in the heat of the moment. And hence many a customs try to avoid the question. Quran makes it clear, Prophets rulings in such matter and Shariah, give us clear directions on how to go about it. Counselling is definitely first step, before divorce. The relation-ship called marriage sometimes needs a tug boat, and hand holding from outside to survive rough weather. So much effort years , good memories, a family all would go in vain.

Its very important to be rational here, Love can make one blind, and jump to conclusion, take extreme risks. Thats harmful. When there is lack of love, or what they call the spark of love in marriage, it can make one long for those magical old times. And again the solution seeking mind, would want to look elsewhere. And a desperate mind, could do a desperate act. It could result in a divorce. This is what happens in most marriages, the partners themself break it. Post divorce, one would feel still more lonely, and want back some love definitely... Its not easy for a old divorcee to find a second better option, the complications are more. Its not difficult to rekindle love, the daily grind of life can at times, take the focus away from what really matters and divert it on the materialistic nature.

On other hand, if the marriage is really shaky and the partner is having very serious differences that cannot be reconciled at all, then yes, breaking that marriage contract, by divorce makes sense.

We are in a time where ME is overshadowing, everything else and threatening the social fabric. A sign of the times. The institution of marriage has been made to sink by irrelevant dogmas. Marriage is a simple effective social binding to prevent radical extreme.

But in doing all this we need to remind each other Faith and Submission to Will of Almighty Allah is primary!

thank you for this wise answer

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Good answer brother. In a sense I am saying the same thing.

Islam tells us to be patient. How wise is our faith.

We need to count our blessings. It is so difficult for a Muslim woman to be by herself. You are always walking around in no-mans land. It is harder to do everything.

Marriage is more than love. It is putting aside the ego for the greater good. It is about family. It is about sacrifice. Marriage is about patience and putting into practice your faith.

The undertones of loneliness are not the fault of the spouse. We have our individual needs. The only way to understand where that comes from is by loving Allah,.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you for your posts,I didn't image that this thread could be so helpful.it's true,divorce is harmful,maybe the life as single is not the same,it could miss many things that there were before.it's really sad...but many times when love incomes,rationality goes apart,and when the love decreases it come out rationality,because when someone is in love he doesn't use the rational part of himself

esperanza

revert of many years
thank you for your posts,I didn't image that this thread could be so helpful.it's true,divorce is harmful,maybe the life as single is not the same,it could miss many things that there were before.it's really sad...but many times when love incomes,rationality goes apart,and when the love decreases it come out rationality,because when someone is in love he doesn't use the rational part of himself

so true sister love can make us irrational

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sisters...that is the love out of hollywood and bollywood. Love is rational. Think about the actions of the Prophet. He loved.