Marriage

D Saka

Dear sisters/brothers

I have recently converted to Islam - 11 October 2008, a religion I always admire since I came to London in 2001 from Angola, where I was a Catholic christian.

In 2006 I met this muslim girl who always wears scarf, and we started secret intimate relationship, me as christian and her as a muslim. She taught me a lot of good things about Islam, sometimes without even her realizing it, from then I started really thinking about converting.

Her parents found out about it a year a go but we still kept the relationship and I decided to go and meet her mum to propose by telling the mum that I was a muslim when in fact a was not. The mum promised to call me and she never did but we continued going out. Two weeks a go we had a problem because her father took away her phone because he realised that we were talking on the phone, we spent about 4 days without talking, after sending her several emails without reply, I was worried that she may have been hurt by her parents so I decided to go to her mum again to talk to her about the proposel and she said she would talk to her and get back to me. Day after that I called the girls number the mum pick up and was upset and told me not to call again.

After realising what we were doing was haram, I felt guilty and wanted for Allah's forgiviness, and thought this was the right time to convert, therefore I went to Mosque and converted to Islam. without the girl knowing.

Now that I am indeed a muslim, I would like to ask her for a marriage, the problem is that her mum is so unhappy about me and asked the girl not to talk to me at all and I can not go to her mum again.

Please, please brothers and sisters what should I do?

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2:.
Firstly congradualtions! for coming into to the religion of truth (haq) Allahu Akbar!. May Allah guide you throughout life. Ameen.
Its great to know you have acknowledged your wrong and have repented. :ma:
I would advise you should read Salatul Istikhara is a Muslim prayer for guidance.
You an read more about it here:
http://makkah.wordpress.com/2006/12/25/before-any-major-decision-pray-salat-ul-istikhara/

Seek Allah's help, as Allah's Help Comes Through Salah & patience:
"Seek help through patience and Salah; truly it is extremely difficult except for the humble true believers." (2:45)

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum

First welcome to Islam & tti. My intention is not to offend and hopeful at the end no hard feeling. I am going to say things that her parents and anyone could say. Its nothing personal.

Guess my question here is are you sure you didn't just convert so you can marry her? I have to say reading your story it really seem like its about getting the girl. Love could make us believe in the unbelieve and do things that we wouldn't do in noraml state of mind and i think you are in that situation where your relationship is guiding. My advice to you is to put her out your mind for awhile and focus on learning more about Islam. Ask yourself if you truly convert because you believe Islam, the oness of Allah, and Mohamed as the last prophet or simple so you can marry the girl.(have doubts about this) You have a lot to learn obviously so go out learn more about Islam and building your emaan before you go into marriage with this girl.

Remember if you are destine to marry her than you will and if i the world and her parent were to gather to prevent this marriage they can't.

May Alllah SWT guide you on the right path. May Allah SWT shower his mercy and blessing upon both of you.

musliminah 05

:salam2:
I totally agree with Knowledgeseeker. You have to make sure that you now concentrate on learning about Islam, how to pray ect and the Five Pillars of Islam. If this relationship is meant to be then Allah will make it be, you cannot force this issue.
I dont mean to upset you or offend you but Islam must be a first anything else will happen if Allah Wills.
:wasalam:

Guess my question here is are you sure you didn't just convert so you can marry her? I have to say reading your story it really seem like its about getting the girl. Love could make us believe in the unbelieve and do things that we wouldn't do in noraml state of mind and i think you are in that situation where your relationship is guiding. My advice to you is to put her out your mind for awhile and focus on learning more about Islam. Ask yourself if you truly convert because you believe Islam, the oness of Allah, and Mohamed as the last prophet or simple so you can marry the girl.(have doubts about this) You have a lot to learn obviously so go out learn more about Islam and building your emaan before you go into marriage with this girl.

Remember if you are destine to marry her than you will and if i the world and her parent were to gather to prevent this marriage they can't.

May Alllah SWT guide you on the right path. May Allah SWT shower his mercy and blessing upon both of you.[/QUOTE]

D Saka

Assalamu Alaykum

thanks brother for your reply it was a very honest reply and I like it may Allah keep giving you the power to be always honest.

I have converted to Islam because of the faith that Muslim have is so strong and it never changes. In the world we live today specially western world you only need strong faith to survive otherwise, ones end up on unclean things. That is what made me fall in the hands of Santan with the girl before I converted.

I don't plan to marry now as I am still young, but I would like her to know that I will one day Allah will.

Allah is always first because without him I would have not even be here, chatting with you. Allah created everything praise be to Allah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Welcome to the Forum and Islam!

Subhaan'Allaah, only yesterday. :)

The potential marriage side of your problem is quite complicated as it could send an incorrect message to the girl's family, Insha'Allaah it will not though.

Firstly, you need to learn the basic's, that's what is most important. You have testified that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad :saw: [peace and blessings be upon him] is the Final Messenger.

Now, Insha'Allaah you need to learn how to pray. Refer to the link below which is a concise guide:

http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray

May Allah make this easy for you. Ameen.

Then, after you have learned how to pray correctly, Insha'Allaah you can to learn more about the religion. The link below is a recent thread which will Insha'Allaah provide benefit. [Some stuff Insha'Allaah you will already know.]

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44981

You need to build your eemaan [faith] and build some good foundations.

Take this slowly, digest and understand what you can.

The girl you have been in contact with, do not contact her in any way shape or form for now. This is because if you were to pay a visit to the girl's house and tell them what you have told us, how would they react? <- This is an actual question.

Insha'Allaah acquire some knowledge and keep us informed via posting.

The best way for you to eventually get wedded to this sister is via a 3rd party, by this I mean the Imaam of your local Masjid - preferably the one you made the Testimony of Faith in. Ask them for help and advise so as to open communication with the family, but again it start's by learning the fundamentals first.

May Allah bestow upon you success in this life and in the hereafter.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

D Saka

Assalaamu'Alaykum

Ditta brother thank you, for your reply, The advice I had since I posted this Thread is so remarkable that it just proves that Islam is the religion of truth there are always brothers and sisters truelly there for support, whenever ones need it, that's why I converted. Praise to Allah. There is no going back! In the name of Allah, I am his servant now and forever.

AAminAA

Amatullah
:salam2:

Welcome to Islam and TTI brother

My advice is :" Try to spend time in local masjeed,as much as you can. Learn about Islam, get known by muslims in that community, by being a good and honest believer. Pray to Allah to give you what is best for you, because Allah knows best."

I wish you all the best here and in akhirah.

:wasalam:

justoneofmillion

Assalaamu'Alaykum

Ditta brother thank you, for your reply, The advice I had since I posted this Thread is so remarkable that it just proves that Islam is the religion of truth there are always brothers and sisters truelly there for support, whenever ones need it, that's why I converted. Praise to Allah. There is no going back! In the name of Allah, I am his servant now and forever.
:salam2:Alhamdulillah that he has guided you.
Let me please be honest with you,by reverting to islam all your sins have been forgiven inshallah .but what this muslim girl did altough she knew of addaab al kabr is a major sin.Allah swt is most forgiving but this must not be banalized as to becoming the norm!As a Muslim girl she had the responsibility to guide you towards your salvation if she had really cared about you, instead of making you indulge into sin.Islam gives her the opportunity and the duty to have such perspective.

Think about it deeply before marrying the girl that is my advice to you.If she indulged with you in fornication with full knowledge she would have done that with someone else,some other time i believe unless her principles are unshakable and her god consciousness is strong which is apparently not the case.

Am sure your frame of references have grown over the temporal in this life.Your principle,needs and expectations may also develop further the more you learn about Islam.Skip the pluses and minuses through you brain gradually the more you dedicate time to increase your faith,this will help you recenter your priorities.

I advice you to look for someone else inshallah but then it remains your decision.I don t mean to be judgmental my brother as am in no position to give myself that much credit, i just fear that this kind of approaches towards marriage become a trend especially in the west.And that young brothers and sisters reading this might not realize the gravity of the situation.

I hope my words didn t hurt your sensitivities to much as to make the hurt overtake reason and the need of deep thought before engaging in a life time commitment.This is merely a suggestion do with it what pleases you,the most important thing is that ot pleases the one and only giver and beholder of your life and mine.

wassalaam
respectfully
jameel

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Masha'Allah, welcome to TTI and to Islaam. May Allah make easy your way and whatever you strive to do.

I think the above advices are good Masha'Allah, that you should continue seeking knowledge, increase in your understanding of the religion and what it entails etc.

However, I hope I can give an advice, which I think was mentioned in one of the posts above mine and I hope you will seriously think on this yes? First and foremost, I would like to mention that none of us are perfect, especially myself who is full of mistakes, however after having made many such mistakes the point of every situation is what we learned from it and what we take away for the future. You yourself learned now that what you had done in the past was not lawful, and thus you must believe that it should not have occured in the first place right? And that in future you will ensure such will not happen again yes?

When did this happen? Only after you realized it was wrong. The same I have not come through from the other party, which is a dangerous situation in itself. I mean I stand in no position to Judge, and Allah knows best of course! However, imagine you have realized this wrong, but this girl, who was already a Muslim at the time this occured did not..... how did this happen? Again I say mistakes yes are to be acknowledged! However, has she acknowledged it? I think that personally for now you should leave her alone for a bit, and if you truly want to get married and think it best for your future, then you too should seek her stance on this issue, as it's ever important. Even if parents and all else eventually agree, if she hasnt understood this, then you should re-think positions of things. I mean piety cant be worn entirely on yourself or in your character, but is also through into your beliefs.

I'm not sure that this made sense? However, like mentioned before, I think this comes later, for now insha'Allah just I think you should concentrate on being Muslim and continue on that path. I'm sure the girl and her family are in a complicated situation, and I dont know if asking at this point will be best.

But then again, all the above is clearly opinionated, so I pray that if I have been wrong in any assumptions and unknownly said what I did not realize was offensive and wrong that Allah forgive me.

All the best for you insha'Allah

wasalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Maa shaa' Allaah! Welcome to Islaam, may Allaah keep you firm upon the religion, and remove these difficulties for you. Our brothers and sisters have given good advice, alhamdulillaah (All praise is to Allaah). I don't know what I can add to it, but I know of Angolan and Portuguese speaking brothers in East London if you need the support or maybe even company.

I hope the situation goes good. I concur with the advise given that you should let things calm down and in the mean time, learn about Islaam, the prayer and the other pillars.

Was-salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

May Allah bless you with good. Ameen.

Insha'Allaah you will continue to receive care and support when needed.

If you have any difficulties you know that we will be open to help you as well as brothers at your local masjid, Insha'Allaah.

Take care dear brother. [Stay active too with threads and posts, continue to share with us your experience. We all have to start somewhere.]

Walaykum Salaam.