martial arts

yafash

:salam2:
i guess most people have an idea of what martial arts is,
Martial arts are systems of codified practices and traditions of training for combat. Martial arts are studied for various reasons including combat skills, fitness, self-defense, sport, self-cultivation (meditation), mental discipline, character development and building self-confidence. A practitioner of martial arts is referred to as a martial artist.
I have been practicing for about 2 years now and it has been a means for me to keep fit and keep myself from some evils.
i really advice any who deems him or her self fit to try to take up one form of martial arts or the other(not forgetting the boundaries Allah has set for us).
:wasalam:

brighten

seeker of knowledge

There is a lot of evidence from both the Qur'an and the Prophetic Sunnah that encourage practicing beneficial sports. It's always good to learn for self defence but the only martial arts i've learned so far is breaking plates and glasses in my kitchen...just kidding! :SMILY346: :dishes:

Thanks Yafash and I hope you have a safe trip back home to Nigeria.

wassalam.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I have been practicing for about 2 years now and it has been a means for me to keep fit and keep myself from some evils.

QFT! I have a Russian muslim friend who was recently 'asked out' my another Russian girl (non-muslim). Alhamdullilah, my friend is a very good Muslim, and this was a very big test for him. He's been going to the gym regularly for the last two months, and he says that it "keeps his mind off other things". Not to mention that, he's also getting very fit.

ebn_el_islam

I do a bit of Boxing but it's dangerous lol
i like swimming last year i won the second place in the north championship
here in lebanon al hamdoulillah

AishaR

Sisters would have to bear in mind they would have to partner up with another sister if there is any physical contact involved.

Kayote

but the only martial arts i've learned so far is breaking plates and glasses in my kitchen...just kidding! :SMILY346: :dishes:

wassalam.

:salam2: All,

I found Brighten's comment quite funny. Rest assured, we men excel at this sport from the first day we get married. Ofcourse its just a 'coincidence' that our wives donot like this 'quality' & thus we are banished from the realm of 'kitchens'. Oh how sad & unfortunate for us... ;)

When I was young, I so wanted to do Martial Arts... to bad, I wasted my time on other things... atleast there is still gym.

dna1987

Muslim Guy

Sisters would have to bear in mind they would have to partner up with another sister if there is any physical contact involved.

Salam. I think more than the sparring, the training itself is the important part. When somebody feels healthy and fit, they think a lot better too and are more positive in everyday life.

I used to go with a gym partner at the start of the year, but sometimes going alone is a lot more efficient. I can cover everything in shorter period of time.

Back to adding comments to your post, if a sister joins a "womens-only" gym, all those lil probs will be solved. There are quite a few in my city; I'm thinking it will be the same for many other cities. Salam.

shabnum

lol last time i rember doing martail arts was in my back garden when i was 10years old, this was in summer very long time ago, i use to do the karati chops :SMILY346: :SMILY335:

and tryed doing spilts but couldnt:redface:

i rember i use to copy the karati kid back in those days trying to be the hero lol hehehe

when i think about it now i laugh my head offf:redface:

wasalaam:dishes:

Globalpeace

Banned
Martial Arts is good!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I agreed! The best way to avoid evil is to invest your time in good.

I did Arnis/Kali & still practise "occasionally".

i guess most people have an idea of what martial arts is,
Martial arts are systems of codified practices and traditions of training for combat. Martial arts are studied for various reasons including combat skills, fitness, self-defense, sport, self-cultivation (meditation), mental discipline, character development and building self-confidence. A practitioner of martial arts is referred to as a martial artist.
i really advice any who deems him or her self fit to try to take up one form of martial arts or the other(not forgetting the boundaries Allah has set for us).