Mavlid al-Nabi مولد النبي

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousef83

Selam aleykum Muslim world
You know Sunday (night between 8-9 march) is birthday of our dear Prophet Hz.Muhammad (s.a.v).I want to celebrate all Muslim brothers and sisters.Hamd to Allah (c.c) introduced us with our unique Prophet (s.a.v) hamd to Allah (c.c) we had to chance to listen to him and understand him,hamd to Allah (c.c) let us to be ummah of his.Elhamdulilah to this day...

Allahumme Salli Ala Seyyidina Ve Ala Ali Seyyidina Muhammed

ESSELATU VES SELAMU ALEYKE YA RASULULLAH...

Allâhümme salli alâ Muhammedin abdike ve resûlike ve salli alel mü'minîne vel mü'minâti vel müslimîne vel müslimât.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum brother Yusef

The Prophet peace be upon him never celebrated his birthday ,nor the sahaba did ,so we also should not do it ...
Celebration of Prophet's Birthday is innovation in many many Muslim countries ...

waaleikum salam

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

assalamu aleikum brother Yusef

The Prophet peace be upon him never celebrated his birthday ,nor the sahaba did ,so we also should not do it ...
Celebration of Prophet's Birthday is innovation in many many Muslim countries ...

waaleikum salam

:salam2:
We should only follow the teaching of The Quran and the Sunnah. All Sahabas loved our Prophet very much but they never celebrated his birthday, we should not do this.
May Allah SWT guide us to the right path. Ameen.
:wasalam:

Yousef83

i think you got me wrong as always,do you expect prophets of Prophet (sav) suggest his sahaba that today is my birthday we should celebrate?Also Quran dosent consider such things you know.I dont say lets give a party.
This is be grateful for HIS (s.a.v) coming,pray all night,be grateful Allah (c.c) introduced HIM (s.a.v) with us thats all.If you want to take it personal then ok I will pray

palestine

Servant of Allah
yousef83 why not be grateful for everything he did ALL THE TIME, not just on HIS BIRTHDAY peace be upon him.
and as for evidence, here is a fatwa. please recognize your mistakes and correct them.
please read the following fatwa.

Mawlid al-Nabi (the Prophet’s birthday)Why some people accept and some unaccept the celebration of the prophet ( )? What is your opinion?

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.

Thus this celebration became a sign of one’s love for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? But can it be possible that the Sahaabah, the imaams and the people of the best three centuries were unaware of it, and it was only those who came later who were aware of its importance?! What the Qur’aan tells us is that love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is demonstrated by following the guidance he brought. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: ‘Obey Allaah and the Messenger.’ But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31-32]

The first aayah explains that love is just a claim, but the proof of sincerity is following what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought. The second aayah reaffirms the importance and necessity of obeying Allaah and His Messenger. Hence Allaah ended the aayah with a very stern warning in which those who refuse to obey are described as kaafirs, and Allah does not love the disbelievers. We ask Allaah to keep us safe from that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of the danger of not obeying him, and the danger of adding to what he brought. The celebration of Mawlid or his birthday is indeed an addition to what he brought – as all the scholars agree. He said: “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah, and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa’i).

We ask Allaah to protect us from bid’ah and to bless us by helping us to follow. Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
i think you got me wrong as always,do you expect prophets of Prophet (sav) suggest his sahaba that today is my birthday we should celebrate?Also Quran dosent consider such things you know.I dont say lets give a party.
This is be grateful for HIS (s.a.v) coming,pray all night,be grateful Allah (c.c) introduced HIM (s.a.v) with us thats all.If you want to take it personal then ok I will pray

salam aleikum
No brother I understood what you mean :)
I think the fatwa that sister Palestine posted explains everything ...
May Allah increase our knowledge and forgive us all ..

waaleikum salam

fada_all

salam alikom

yes brother u need only to re-read the fatwa of sister palestine with much consentration ,and u will understand the idea sister aisha want to convey to u .please brother Yousef83 we are all here to correct each other and gather more information about our religion ,and jazak allah khir...

may allah forgives us, increase oru imane to the best, and guide us all to the right path ameen.

ur sis fada_all

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu

Thank you dear brother Yusuf for remainding us on the birth of our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.,May Allah grant him with the highest place in Jannah Inshallah,and may Allah join us all with our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.Ameen.:tti_sister:

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Salem9022

lol I had to post this just for the Occasion.

some crazy dude celebrating the Birthday and his crowd in Pakistan, sorry only in urdu. [yt]m2PzgnjmaAg[/yt]

Looking at this makes me think of the boys scouts, those guys in the side raising the flags.

Idris16

^^Salem read this
Islamists impose curfew in Bardhere town
Posted: 2/28/2009 9:41:00 AM
Shabelle: SOMALIA
BARDHERE (Sh. M. Network)-The Islamic administration of al –Shabab has imposed a curfew in Bardhere town in Gedo region last night (Friday), officials said on Saturday.

Sheik Farah Hiish Mohamed, head of the security of al – Shabab administration in Bardhere town told Shabelle radio that they had imposed the curfew to keep the security of the town and said that the people of the town welcomed the step.

“We are thanking to the people for taking the order of the administration and we are informing everybody who is in Bardhere town not to violate the law during the curfew or we shall punish who every refuses the order of the administration,” Sheik Farah said.

Sheik Farah had also said that men and the women can not follow the transportation together saying that it is not party of the religion of Islam and he added that they will punish who every is seen doing that action in the town.

The Islamic administration of al-Shabab who manages Bardhere town banned using Kat in the town earlier.

Any how Sheik farah said last that there has been a dispute between al-Shabab forces and the Islamic clerics of Ahlu sunna Waljamea concerning the commemoration of the holy Ramadan month known as Mowliid (birth of the prophet) Muhammad peace be upon him which mullahs often welcome when it comes but al-Shabab administration warned to commemorate it saying they will take a step who every tries to do that.

it seems some people in somalia cant celebrate their bid'ah:D:D

islamisthesolution

yousef83 why not be grateful for everything he did ALL THE TIME, not just on HIS BIRTHDAY peace be upon him.
and as for evidence, here is a fatwa. please recognize your mistakes and correct them.
please read the following fatwa.

Mawlid al-Nabi (the Prophet’s birthday)Why some people accept and some unaccept the celebration of the prophet ( )? What is your opinion?

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing in the Qur’aan to say that we should celebrate the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death. Indeed, he told them not to exaggerate about him as the Christians had exaggerated about Jesus (upon whom be peace). He said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari). What has been reported is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) made the day of his birth a day of worship, which is different to celebration. He was asked about fasting on Mondays, and he said: “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I was entrusted with the Mission or when I was first given Revelation.” (Reported by Muslim, al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawood).

Moreover, we know that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) were the people who loved the Prophet most. Was it reported that Abu Bakr, who was the closest of people to him and the one who loved him the most, celebrated the birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Was it reported that ‘Umar, who ruled for twelve years, or ‘Uthmaan, did this? Was it reported that ‘Ali, his relative and foster son, did this? Was it reported that any of the Sahaabah did this? No, by Allaah! Is it because they were not aware of its importance, or did they not truly love the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? No one would say such a thing except one who has gone astray and is leading others astray.

Did any of the imaams – Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafi’i, Ahmad, al-Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen – do this or command others to do it or say that it was good? By Allaah, no! It was not even mentioned during the first and best three centuries. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “The best of mankind are my generation (or my century), then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then there will come a people who will not care if their testimony comes before their oath or vice versa (i.e., they will not take such matter seriously).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi). The celebration of the Prophet’s birthday appeared many centuries later, when many of the features of true religion had vanished and bid’ah had become widespread.

Thus this celebration became a sign of one’s love for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? But can it be possible that the Sahaabah, the imaams and the people of the best three centuries were unaware of it, and it was only those who came later who were aware of its importance?! What the Qur’aan tells us is that love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is demonstrated by following the guidance he brought. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘If you (really) love Allaah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Say: ‘Obey Allaah and the Messenger.’ But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:31-32]

The first aayah explains that love is just a claim, but the proof of sincerity is following what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) brought. The second aayah reaffirms the importance and necessity of obeying Allaah and His Messenger. Hence Allaah ended the aayah with a very stern warning in which those who refuse to obey are described as kaafirs, and Allah does not love the disbelievers. We ask Allaah to keep us safe from that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us of the danger of not obeying him, and the danger of adding to what he brought. The celebration of Mawlid or his birthday is indeed an addition to what he brought – as all the scholars agree. He said: “The best of speech is the Book of Allaah, and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil of things are those which are newly-invented (in religion), and every innovation is a going astray.” (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa’i).

We ask Allaah to protect us from bid’ah and to bless us by helping us to follow. Allaah knows best. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

thank you dear sister
that is really beneficial
jazaki Allahu khyran kathiran

Status
Not open for further replies.