Me and My Father
When I was 4 Yrs Old : My father is THE BEST
When I was 6 Yrs Old: My father seems to know everyone
When I was 10 Yrs Old: My father is excellent but he is short tempered
When I was 12 Yrs Old: My father was nice when I was little
When I was 14 Yrs Old: My father started being too sensitive
When I was 16 Yrs Old : My father can't keep up with modern times
When I was 18 Yrs Old : My father is getting less tolerant as the days pass by
When I was 20 Yrs Old : It is too hard to forgive my father, how could my Mum stand him all these years
When I was 25 Yrs Old : My father seems to be objecting to everything I do
When I was 30 Yrs Old: It's very difficult to be in agreement with my father, I wonder if my Grandfather was troubled by my father when he was a youth
When I was 40 Yrs Old: My father brought me up with a lot of discipline, I must do the same
When I was 45 Yrs Old: I am puzzled, how did my father manage to raise all of us
When I was 50 Yrs Old : It's rather difficult to control my kids, how much did my father suffer for the sake of upbringing and protecting us
When I was 55 Yrs Old: My father was far looking and had wide plans for us, he was gentle and outstanding.
When I became 60 Yrs Old: My father is THE BEST
Note that it took 56 Yrs to complete the cycle and return to the starting point "My father is THE BEST "

Let's be good to our parents before it's too late and pray to Allaah that our own children will treat us even better than the way we treated our parents

Allah(SWT) says: "Your lord has decreed that you worship non but him and show kindness to parents. If one or both reach old age with you then do not say uff! To them nor repulse them, but speak graciously to them" {Surah Al-Isra: Ayah 23}

O our lord, forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the reckoning shall come to pass. {Surah Ibrahim: Ayah 41}

O my Lord, have mercy on them (parents) just as they nourished me when I was small.{Surah Bani Irail: Ayah 24}

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
May Allaah grant out parents Jannatul Firdaus al 'Alaa in the company of the Prophet's, Sahaabah and those Allaah loves, Ameen.

Wa-salaam

lvn4islam

:salam2:

I really enjoyed this post!

My father and I had a very turbulent relationship when i was a younger man. I swore I would never be like him.

I am now 37 and have a very good relationship with him..masha'Allah. I have nothing but the highest amount of respect for him, especially regarding things he did or said when I was younger that could not quite understand at the time, though now I am quite glad he did and said them. my regret is that i did not listen sooner.

I am also proud to say that I turned out very much like him. I hope when i am his age I can look back at the multitude of accoomplishments he has achieved. May Allah bless him!

Zaii

LifeIsAStruggle____
Praise be to Allaah.

The importance of honouring one’s parents is:

Firstly: it is obedience to Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:8]

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young’” [al-Israa’ 17:23]

In al-Saheehayn it is reported that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked which deed is the best? He said, ‘Faith in Allaah and His Messenger, then honouring one’s parents…’” And there are many other Aayat and Mutawaatir Ahaadeeth which say similar things.

Secondly: obeying and honouring one’s parents is a means of entering Paradise, as it was reported in Saheeh Muslim from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He is doomed, he is doomed, he is doomed.” It was said, “Who, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “The person whose parents, one or both of them, reach old age during his lifetime but he does not enter Paradise.” (Saheeh Muslim, 4627).

Thirdly: Respecting and honouring them brings friendship and love.
Fourthly: respecting and obeying them is a way of showing gratitude to them because they are the ones who brought you into this world. You should also show gratitude towards them for bringing you up and taking care of you when you were young. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents” [Luqmaan 31:14]

Fifthly: if a person honours his parents this may be the cause of his own children honouring him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is there any reward for good other than good?’ [al-Rahmaan 55:60]

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam
May Allah forgive our parents,all their sins....and grant them Jannatul Firdaus....

Let us all pray for our parents and never behave something like that they would get hurted......inshallah

Allahafiz

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
I love my parents eventhough I might have hard times expressing it. I may not be close with my father as I am with my mom but I always pray that may he someday, feel what I feel of the sweetness of imaan. Well, my family is Muslims but not a really devoted practicing one.

Once there happened issues in my family especially during Eid celebration. Hmmn, well I think its because he has 'huge' responsibilities to manage 'two families'. He once sent me a message, saying that he love we all. Really is sad.

Anyways, everybody has their own trials in life. Mine is this. Nevertheless, I can never be thankful enough, for the abundant blessings and Allaah's Mercy upon me. Subhanallahi wa bihamdihi.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alakum,

My father and mother were both honest, hardworking, decent people. My dad was able to build a successful business even though he only had a fourth or fifth grade education. He was an excellent provider for my mother and I. My mom was an amazingly talented woman who made her own clothes, cooked great, managed the finances, and kept a beautiful home. She was killed in 1985 by a defective product that caused her to be burned over 75% of her body with third degree burns. My father died a couple of years ago; unfortunately, he had dementia the last years of his life which is how we ended up back here. We wanted to take care of him. Even with the dementia, he could do math faster than I could. Near the end of his life, we found out that he had had only 18% heart function for nearly twenty years. Now I understand why every time I took him to the doctor, the doctor said, "I didn't expect you to pull through twenty years ago, and every day is amazing."

When you get to be my age, you can add the line that "My dad was human and did his best." My mom always said that my dad and I were too much alike to get along. We were both self willed and stubborn.