Meat... or Vegetarian?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

I'm not sure how to explain this - I guess it's just me dreaming of having an Islamic Khilafat. I'm not even sure if this idea is feasible or not. But think of it like this: right now, most Western countries have some muslims living in each town. But the number of muslims living there (and I'm not talking about just the big citites, but average towns as well) is not as much, meaning that halal meat is hard to come by, its difficult to find shariah ways to take loans/make investments. So my idea was, instead of all the muslims in US (or any western country), instead of living scattered, all move to any one area, and sort of make an Islamic city. It would be ideal if non-muslims don't also open up their businesses in that city, and it's all by the muslims, for the muslims in a way.

Is this a silly idea? I suppose one could argue that this way non-muslims would not be exposed to Islam, and hence, dawah would decrease. But on the other hand, we'd be living in a totally 100% muslim locality. Another downside is that the enemies of Islam would find us an easy target to attack us. But also, numbers would give us strength to defend ourselves.

And brother, I did not specify any area.. it doesn't matter where it is - a warmer place would be great, I agree.

Sorry, perhaps this idea is too silly and makes no sense. But it's just a dream.

:salam2:

The idea of establishing Khilafat is us getting ahead of ourselves. There are countries (or small communities) that have implemented Islamic Shariah on varying levels and scales, the muslims in general have themselves not been very receptive of it and would more likely want to get rid of it. So superimposing Islamic rulership on a group of people doesn't seem to be something we should be aiming for.

As the scholars have said, we should all first start with our homes and families and implement Islam in all aspects of our lives and strive to do the same with our close relatives, friends and neighbours. Once communities change for the good, so will our condition as well InshaAllah.

About getting muslims to live together in a city, Have you been to Orange county, CA or New Jersey ?

Anyhow, I think most muslim immigrants who come to the states are seeking lucrative job offers and would most likely settle in major hubs of that particular field. For example, Petrochemical, in and around Houston and Louisiana, software folks in some part of CA etc etc.

About not having non muslim businesses in that city, let's just hope Fox news isn't browsing the archives of TTI, lol. But seriously, I think you are longing to live in a muslim country. :)

But yea, since you have lived in Houston. I guess you would have somewhat experienced how it feels like to be a part of a lively and sizeable muslim community. Islamic schools, halaal groceries, Islamic conventions, active community centres, large number of mosques is how good it gets here in the States.