Mike Tyson confesses he prays for forgiveness every day

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

It is good mashaAllaah to hear from brother Ali (mike). Allaah brings to goodness who-ever He wills for. and also past do not imply anything for present.

we ask goodness for him and others and may they be the best icons of islaam for others to follow, aameen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, we do. He is a good young man. And may he bring others to the Truth.

Sister Hayat...I am about Love..( I am just a Muslim with an Attitude.) and proud of it.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Am I the only person who has just now figured out that Mohammad Ali and Mike Tyson are the same person???

Umm, you had it right before. Two different people. You can read about them on wiki. They are both boxers by profession and reverted to Islam. Alhamdulillah

Wasalaamalaykum

Valerie

Assalaam walaikum,

We have forgiven Mike for the rape. The female walked willingly into his motel room at 3 am.
Mike was set up by women and shady characters. He has finished the time in prison. Let it go.

We are celebrating for Mike because he is a good guy. He kept on going until he found the truth.

:wasalam:

There's never a good excuse for rape. Ever. But as you said, he finished his time and it's in the past. What's important now are the choices he makes from here on out.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:lol: Well, okay, what else am I supposed to think when a thread is named about Mike Tyson, but everyone's going on about Mohammad Ali.

I think I should just stay away from this thread.... I was never here.

Fadil13

Im not condeming, but I have a hard time accepting the boxer Ali because he calls

himself,"the greatest", im my mind, its an insult to Allah SWT.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When Muhammed Ali would call himself the greatest it was never never meant to insult anyone.
He was a Muslim in America who refused to fight in Viet Nam. He said he was not going to "kill his yellow brothers". Mr. Ali's titles were stripped from him.

Mr. Ali has been a proponent of Islam. He never forgot Allah subhana talla. He was in the limelight but he always gave thanks.

He opened doors for many minority fighters to fight in the big fights. He was truly an ambassador for Islam.

Not only were his words sheer poetry but when he was in the ring he danced while his opponents stood still.

I was young enough to watch most of his career. I am truly blessed.

JenGiove

Assalaam walaikum,

Why do many non-Western females have difficulty with directness.

May I interrupt here?

You said it yourself, She is not western, as we know it. Social directness and aptitudes are something you learn and grow up with, as is INDIRECTNESS and GENTLENESS. I would advise you to use care in your interactions with someone who is known to be not only of a different culture but a different language and value set.

Over the last month, I have had the honor and privilege to call Revert Sister. Not as a Muslim sister, for I am not, but as a sister of the heart. MANY times we have had to stop our conversation in order to double check the true meaning of what we were trying to communicate. Language carries emotion and intent. We can notforget that! I recently learned that if it were not for a single letter, Salam would not be a wonderful greeting but a huge insult. We all need to remember that we are different for a reason but its our duty to not hold one person's ethics and judgments up against our own. There is only one who has the right to judge....and inshallah.....I'll be forgiven for my own misjudgments.

As for Mr. Tyson, I do not believe him to be a sincere person. His pattern of behavior has shown that he will say what his audience most wants to herar. If he is in a Christan country, he fears God and loves Christ. If he is in a Muslim country, he loves Allah and doesn't agree with Christan practice. The only thing I personally think is that he needs pity.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..this is a Muslim website. I am the elder sister here. Please remember that. Your words are emotional. This is Ramadan. Please take advise from me.
You are not Muslim. You do not understand how Islam honors family. I am glad you are conversing with Muslim sisters. However, that has nothing to do with me.

Your opinion on Mr. Tyson is of no consequence. He is Muslim. Alhumdullila.

JenGiove

Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..this is a Muslim website. I am the elder sister here. Please remember that. Your words are emotional. This is Ramadan. Please take advise from me.
You are not Muslim. You do not understand how Islam honors family. I am glad you are conversing with Muslim sisters. However, that has nothing to do with me.

Your opinion on Mr. Tyson is of no consequence. He is Muslim. Alhumdullila.

Aapa,

I deeply apologize if you thought that I was overstepping my bounds with you. I actually thought you were a male who was insulting a female for that is how a male native english speaker would pose a question like that. I am VERY new and so the only person I know is Revert so remembering that you are the "elder sister" is something that was beyond my capability and not something that could be helped.

I may not be Muslim, but I am learning how a Muslim woman honors family, for it is not that dissimilar from my own Native American (American Indian) belief. I shared with you my discussions with a Muslim sister not because it involved you but to site example of how something minor can be misunderstood just because of the barrier of language and societal norms. It is often been the practice to site Qur'anic proof of a statement so I shall do the same. My dear sister shared with me an incident and used the word "beat" as in "to beat someone"...in English, this is FAR worse than the actual act which was "to spank/discipline". If I had not asked her to tell me exactly how she defined "beat", I would have thought the worst and that would have been a sad mistake.

You say that my opinion of Mr.Tyson is of no consequence. Is that because he states he is Muslim and I state that I am not? How belittling of me I find that statement to be, whether it is true or not. Does that also mean that I have no opinion that matters simply because I'm not Muslim? Even Muhammad pbuh accepted people of other faiths into the Mosque to worship however they chose.

Inshallah, my pitiful attempt at learning will not result in failure.