MISSIONARIES!!

msaeed

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahewabarkatuh

I recently moved into a new building and have ran into a few missionaries that I guess rent a unit in the same building.

Now, of course they try to sweet talk and discuss their religious views.

I hate them and kind of 'like' them in a sense. I hate them because sometimes they are a bit too intrusive and I sort of like them because they are trying to spread what they believe to be God's words, etc. when the most of us don't even do it, even though it is our responsiblity (ie dawah) In fact, during the time of the prophet even, peace be upon him, there were muslim 'missionaries' that would invite people to the deen in order to spread Islam, and it did work Alhamdulilah and it expanded from there.

IN ANY CASE, I am not intimidated by them Alhamdulilah but I am wondering if any of you have any tips or ideas for me, regarding how to deal with them? I've run into them only twice so far but I have the feeling they will keep trying even though I have expressed my firm beliefs to them. Do you think its a good idea to give dawah myself to them or would it not be for the 'the best' of intentions. (ie theyre trying to convert me, so ill try to convert them) or would it be pointless since both I and them are stuck on our own beliefs? Any good points or questions I should raise to them?

Further, as I am female and they are males, does anyone know of the correct islamic ruling regarding whether or not it is permissible for me to give dawah to men, considering it isnt just like a one time thing where i can direct them to a male, but rather more like a whenever you see them, itll be a discussion for a few minutes?

JazakAllaahukhairan!

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahewabarkatuh

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Well if they are Mormon then they are not allowed in your residence alone with you. (according to their training) Muslims and prosteletyzing versions of Chrisitanity are different in that we believe in dawah to those who ask versus knocking uninvited on people's doors and foisting your beliefs on them. Answering questions for the truly inquiring mind is much more productive than the use of door-to-door preaching they use.

I actively engage door-to-door folks and it usually ends in a lesson of what Islam teaches and why it is different than their beliefs. I have heavily researched Jehovah Witness and Mormon beliefs and can ask some extremely uncomfortable questions about their founders. They can't get off my front porch fast enough after that. If they are Mormon just ask them to explain the church's belief in why the Native Americans have dark skin or why black people are also dark skinned. I am sure their eyes will grow wide and they will mumble a hasty retreat. (They believe black people were spirits in heaven that remained nuetral when there was a war between God and Satan and thus they are marked with black skin. They also believe Native Americans were once of Israeli blood and killed the "good" Israelis and thus were colored red as punishment....they were called Lamenites and the "good Israelis" were called Nephites.)

Alas I entertain myself entirely too much pulling apart the flimsy constructs of their false prophets and very strange belief systems. And lastly, let them know that we believe in only One God and that no one, no matter how good they live their lives in accordance with the book of Mormon, cannot become a god in the afterlife. :astag: Yes, they actually believe Mormon mechelzidek preisthood bearers will become gods int he next life and make a new universe like this one. They also believe that God the creator was once a human-like being as well. :astag: This is actually a scripture to them:
As man is, God once was: as God is, man may become

Wasalaam

Musulmanin

Salaam,

If they are Mormon just ask them to explain the church's belief in why the Native Americans have dark skin or why black people are also dark skinned. I am sure their eyes will grow wide and they will mumble a hasty retreat. (They believe black people were spirits in heaven that remained nuetral when there was a war between God and Satan and thus they are marked with black skin. They also believe Native Americans were once of Israeli blood and killed the "good" Israelis and thus were colored red as punishment....they were called Lamenites and the "good Israelis" were called Nephites.)
:

Wasalaam

:salam2:

ShyHijabi have you asked them about what happens to people of mixed races? Just curious.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Ask them to explain to you about trinity. Of course, they will take you for run around with their explanation, believe me they can't provide you a logical answer.

The moment they say, there is only one God, highlight to them following part of their creed:

So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords, but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by Himself to be God and Lord, So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say, There be three Gods, or three Lords.

another part of the creed:

For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead; He ascended into heaven; He sitteth on the right hand of the Father

Now ask them about the doctrine of Trinity again, "The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God". Now pls note the one I underline above, ask them how many God are there now (the one I underline)? Two right? One on the right and one on the left!!

I'm not expert but I learnt from one of my friend who cornered few priests that came to him, the priests refused to talk about Trinity after ask to explain this.

Best of luck.

ShyHijabi

ShyHijabi have you asked them about what happens to people of mixed races? Just curious.

Salaam,

Interesting that you ask this, now we will address the Mormon belief only since they are the one's who believe in this racial marking. Basically their founders actually wrote scripture disallowing interracial marriages and called black men "beasts" and "animalistic." Keep in mind these were supposed prophets and this was devine revelation.

The mormons believe in three levels of heaven and that men must be "Mecheldizek preisthood beareres" in order to get to the highest level and eventually become gods. The mormon church originally did not accept black members and only in the 1970s did they finally allow the male black members to hold this preisthood. So in effect they were denying some members the highest level of heaven due to skin color. (by the way...we are talking about their beliefs of heaven)

So I honestly don't know what the church teaches about children of mixed race since they've editted their beliefs to be more politically correct. Now here's the really strange part, they have 12 main leaders of their church and the head one is believed to be their "living prophet." So no matter what their holy scripture says it can be abrogated by whatever this living man says. So let's say one they once said "pork is bad and forbidden" well this man can come forth and say "God told me we can eat pork." Viola, new and ever changing belief system.

Wasalaam

ShyHijabi

Ask them to explain to you about trinity. Of course, they will take you for run around with their explanation, believe me they can't provide you a logical answer.

Actually, the Jehovah's Witnesses don't beleive in the trinity as they do not subscribe to the Nicean Creed. It's what seperates them from most Christians. They beleive Jesus (peace be upon him) was the physical son of God but not God in flesh. But you can ask them why their founder proclaimed the day of Judgement three times (even stood out on the sidewalk and waited to be "taken up") and it never happened. They also do abrogation in their books

Mormons believe everyone can become a god in the afterlife (of course if you follow their beliefs and are male) so they are not easily shaken by the trinity argument. They are intensely trained to answer questions about the trinty for 6 months before being sent to missions. They will rattle off a formulaic and circular response. I find the questions about Native Americans and black people make them squirm quite a bit more. :)

Wasalaam

Musulmanin

ShyHijabi Jazakallah khair for your response, it was informative and somewhat surprising to hear of Mormon's problem with people of darker skin. May Allah guide them.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Actually, the Jehovah's Witnesses don't beleive in the trinity as they do not subscribe to the Nicean Creed. It's what seperates them from most Christians. They beleive Jesus (peace be upon him) was the physical son of God but not God in flesh. But you can ask them why their founder proclaimed the day of Judgement three times (even stood out on the sidewalk and waited to be "taken up") and it never happened. They also do abrogation in their books

Mormons believe everyone can become a god in the afterlife (of course if you follow their beliefs and are male) so they are not easily shaken by the trinity argument. They are intensely trained to answer questions about the trinty for 6 months before being sent to missions. They will rattle off a formulaic and circular response. I find the questions about Native Americans and black people make them squirm quite a bit more. :)

Wasalaam

You are completely right. I remember first thing we must ask the missionaries they are representing which denomination for you to have some rough ideas what they believe. Thank you for highlighting.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
brother if you want some basic information here is a small information thing i use that i prepared to help me explain to them that Jesus christ (PBUH) taught Islam hope it helps

لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ ۖ قَدْ تَبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ ۚ فَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِنْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انْفِصَامَ لَهَا ۗ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ [٢:٢٥٦]
Lā 'Ikrāha Fī Ad-Dīni Qad Tabayyana Ar-Rushdu Mina Al-Ghayyi Faman Yakfur Biţ-Ţāghūti Wa Yu'umin Billāhi Faqadi Astamsaka Bil-`Urwati Al-Wuthqá Lā Anfişāma Lahā Wa Allāhu Samī`un `Alīmun [Surah AL-Baqara 2.256]
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Surah An-Nahl 16: 125
ادْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ ۖ وَجَادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ
Ad`u 'Ilá Sabīli Rabbika Bil-Ĥikmati Wa Al-Maw`ižati Al-Ĥasanati Wa Jādilhum Bi-Atī Hiya 'Aĥsanu
Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and reason with them in ways that are best and most gracious:

Surah Al-Baqara (2: 18)
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

Matthew 13:13 Because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

"Verily Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change themselves" (13:11)"

Luke 24:36 (King James Version)
36And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

In Gospel of John Ch 14: V 28
28"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father; My Father is greater than I.

In John Ch 10: 29
My Father is greater than All.

Matthew 12:28 (King James Version)
I cast out devils by the Spirit of God

Luke 11:20 (King James Version)
I with the finger of God cast out devils

John 5:30 (King James Version)
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Acts 2:22 (New International Version)
22"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

Matthew 7:21-23
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

ONE GOD
Deuteronomy 6:4 (New International Version)
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
Mark 12:29 (New International Version)
29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one
Praying and Fasting
Mathew 17:21
Mark 9:29

Postration
Fell on their face to pray
Genesis 17:3 --- ABRAHIM
Numbers 20:6 --- Moses and Aaron
Joshua 5:14 – Joshua
Mathew 26:39 – Jesus

PORK
Should not have Pork
"And the swine, because it divides the hoof, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean unto you: you shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase." - Leviticus 11:7,8; Deuteronomy 14:8

Alcohol
Proverbs 20
1 Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler;
whoever is led astray by them is not wise.
Ephesians 5:18 (New International Version)
18Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.

Covering Head
1 Corinthians 11:6 (King James Version)
6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
1 Corinthians 14:33 (King James Version)
For God is not the author of confusion
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Bible

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

1 John 4:1-3 (New International Version)
Test the Spirits

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I'm sure that there are many things to do, But also it may be enough to just let others see how Islam brings the best out of us by practicing it the way we should and always treat others with respect and consideration as our Prophet Peace Be Upon Him used to be like all the time which was the main factor that made many Jews and Christians turn to Islam like most Sahaba did.