MOON LANDING

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I've read many theories about Neil Armstrong's for being the first man to land on the moon in the internet. Some suggesting it is a hoax and they provided their prove for their arguments. Some of our sheikh said they believe it is possible for man to land on the moon and believe that Armstrong did that but some sheikh saying they do not believe.

One sheikh said Armstrong heard the call for prayers (azan) when he was walking on the moon. When he returned to the earth he heard the same azan at one of the masjid...soon after he embraced Islam. Was it true?

Where is Neil Armstrong now? Was there second moon landing expedition after that? If it is possible to go to the moon with not so advanced technology in 1960s, why now with very advanced technology there was no moon expedition?

Can anyone help me on this issue. Thanks.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
I've read many theories about Neil Armstrong's for being the first man to land on the moon in the internet. Some suggesting it is a hoax and they provided their prove for their arguments. Some of our sheikh said they believe it is possible for man to land on the moon and believe that Armstrong did that but some sheikh saying they do not believe.

One sheikh said Armstrong heard the call for prayers (azan) when he was walking on the moon. When he returned to the earth he heard the same azan at one of the masjid...soon after he embraced Islam. Was it true?

Where is Neil Armstrong now? Was there second moon landing expedition after that? If it is possible to go to the moon with not so advanced technology in 1960s, why now with very advanced technology there was no moon expedition?

:salam2:

Sometime ago I did my own research regarding Neil Armstrong's hearing Azan and embracing Islam. I could not find any confirmed evidence in relation to this rather I came across many absurd statements by non-Muslims. All of them had made fun of Muslims World who had spread and believed such statements. I also found out formal statement by Armstrong confirming that all of this is rumour. And Allah knows the best.

I wonder why do not they go to moon now with so much advanced technology. Many people (including Non-Muslims) think that such expedition (moon landing) was never happened. As I am not a scientist myself, so can't give any logical and rationale argument. There might not be any need for that now :) or scientists are now too busy in exploring other areas of the universe.....

:wasalam:

AlQurtubi

Banned
" wonder that why do not they go to moon now with so much advanced technology. Many people (including Non-Muslims) think that such expidition (moon landing) was never happened. "

YEs, i have this same question. That adhan thing was spread to make muslims beleive that they went to moon. There has been no moon landing as of yet.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I wonder that why do not they go to moon now with so much advanced technology. Many people (including Non-Muslims) think that such expidition (moon landing) was never happened.

Maybe there aren't any qualified "directors" to "film" the event and make it believable?! :confused:

Plus..a *smart* liar..NEVER..repeats the same lie *twice* :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Hay I was not aware of this rule (of telling a lie) :shymuslima1: Thank for letting me know :SMILY209:

Oh yes sister!..you should be aware...Imperialists and hegemonic administrations..are ESPECIALLY big on this rule..though sometimes their arrogance turns moronic and they do slip-up and repeat a thing or two :)

pcozzy

I have never found anything credible stating that he heard athan or embraced Islam. In fact, I appollo recordings where he quoted from some bible passages.

I don't know where this meaningless rumor got started. I avoid repeating any information myself unless there is proof. If there is a sheik that claims these statements, he needs to present to us the proof.

These days we have to be careful, because a lot of people against Islam start these rumors among muslims and then say to the people see how muslims lie. So let us not fall into the plans of shaytan and his followers.

As for whether they landed or not, you can get a telescope or go to a university and see if you can verify there is a US flag there. I never tried and personally, I could care less. who knows maybe it was a lie.

samiha

---------
Staff member

There have been threads on this before on TTI, if you use the search function inshaAllah you will find them. Here is one: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15228

It's clarified here that it's a hoax. In fact there were press conferences I believe released on this topic to clarify that he did not hear the adhaan nor did he convert to Islaam.

Shows the importance of verifying information - because I know this is one story that loves circulating just because it sounds interesting

wasalam

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brothers and sisters, thank you for all your beautiful answer. You have made my believe stronger that it is a hoax.

Sister Samiha, thanks I was not aware about that thread. I will take time to go thru it, inshAllah.

Just to share with you guys, this topic resurfaced when recently one of our locally grown astronaut (known as "space participant" by Nasa) went to ISS (International Space Station) which is about 250 - 300km from the earth. We know that there were many incidents NASA's rocket was not able to take off and some cases exploded while taking off. I can not believe if in 1960s NASA is able to make rocket that can take man to moon which is about 30,000km from the earth (correct me the actual distant if I'm wrong).

However, one sheikh posted very interesting question for us to think. He claimed the moon located at first heaven, during mi'raj Jibril a.s and The Prophet (may blessings and peace be upon him) asked for permission to enter or bypass the first heaven. So how could it be possible Apollo can go thru without permission being granted? I really do not have answer though it make sense.

pcozzy

Perhaps American brothers and sisters have better ideas on what happen to Neil Armstrong.

Neil Armstrong, I beleive lives in Ohio, speaks to many colleges lately. No mention of Islam, Athan or anything in relation to Islam.

However, one sheikh posted very interesting question for us to think. He claimed the moon located at first heaven, during mi'raj Jibril a.s and The Prophet (may blessings and peace be upon him) asked for permission to enter or bypass the first heaven. So how could it be possible Apollo can go thru without permission being granted? I really do not have answer though it make sense.

The first heaven is an undefined space, we don't have anything that defines the boundary of it. If there is a hadith that does, I would like to know.

In fact surah Ar-Rahman, Allah says :

[Hilali-Khan] 33. O assembly of jinns and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass (them)! But you will never be able to pass them, except with authority (from Allah)!
[55:33]

in this ayah, Sultan is translated as Authority but it also can mean power like great power/energy.

We know that it takes a lot of energy to go to space but more importantly Allah has allowed it or it wouldn't take place.

As for proof, well anybody attending most of the known universities with a astronomy program will tell you there is a lot of evidence that he did arrive to the moon.

If you hear a sheik say that they don't think he did, it is because muslims follow an isnad. That is how we verify information of hadith. Nowadays information is just put into peoples reading with no source, isnad, or proof. The sheik is saying that the information source is not acceptable to him, for he is only repeating what is made true to him by proof. He sounds like a good sheik.

Here is where you can read up on the flight, but not trustworthy as a source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

pcozzy

I can tell you for sure this was shaytan at work spreading this lie.

Although I don't know for sure but it sounds like it came from people who claim that we muslims worship the moon god are the same ones that started that rumor.

And they are still blasting our emails every second.

So let us check our sources more and more just to make sure we don't spread lies which we know is not allowed in Islam.

by the way with the isnad check of information most of what we read and hear today will be classified more or so as fabricated.

yakubpasha

Allah Knows best but i think they never went to the moon. We can see how USA Bs's by viewing videos about 9/11. How they Blamed Muslims for that

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

In fact surah Ar-Rahman, Allah says :

[Hilali-Khan] 33. O assembly of jinns and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass (them)! But you will never be able to pass them, except with authority (from Allah)!
[55:33]

:

JazhakAllah khair brother. This ayah is really relevant to the topic of discussion.

Rashadi

As far as the hearing Adhan and I even heard Armstrong saw the moon was split, this is a hoax and we should not repeat these lies which are usually invented by non-Muslims. It is just as absurd as the emails that were sent with weird looking creatures and it was claimed that it was from the torture of the grave. This ridiculous and don't fall for it. The moon landing thing is a questionable one and I heard once on FOX news that 75% of the world believes it to be a hoax. It could be possible and the Quran even states that never will anyone be able to penetrate through the heavens except by God's permission. so it is definitely possible but who knows if it was real. It almost looks like a Hollywood movie and it may have been. Allah knows best.

daywalker

It could be possible and the Quran even states that never will anyone be able to penetrate through the heavens except by God's permission. so it is definitely possible but who knows if it was real. It almost looks like a Hollywood movie and it may have been. Allah knows best.
ITs actuelly missunderstanding the heaven with moon. nobody knows where is the paradies, and saying moon is first sky is rediculous.

Allah said it with heaven, and none knows how big is galaxy, and scientist says there may more and more galaxies present. so saying the moon is the first sky isn´t valid.

I dont think why it should be hoax that people didn´t land in moon. people may land in mars too. If we behave like this, no doubt why those atheist bring science to proof Quran wrong, where even we muslim are not well aware about what Quran exactly meant. we dont need necessarily believe in it, but we shouldn´t go with by saying to people that none landed in moon, cause its what we are learning from the KG school and they rope the seed in our heart.