Total owed: $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, the boy could see the
memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned
over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:
For 9 months I carried you while you were growing inside me:
No Charge.
For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you:
No Charge.
For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years:
No Charge.
For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead:
No Charge.

For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose:
No Charge,

Son,
When you add it up, the cost of my love is:
No Charge.
When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there
were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said,
"Mom, I sure do love you".
And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote:
"PAID IN FULL"

"Your Lord has decreed that you should worship nothing except Him,
and (show) kindness to your parents, whether one or both of them
attain old age (while they are) still with you, never say to them
'Shame! nor scold either of them. Speak to them in a generous
fashion. Protect them carefully and say: 'My Lord, show them Rahmah,
just as they cared for me as a little child'" (Holy Quran 17:23-24).
It is reported that a man came to the Prophet and asked:
"Messenger of Allah, who is the most deserving of good care from
me?" The Prophet replied: "Your mother (which he repeated three
times) then your father, then your nearest relatives in order".

May Allah protect all the mother's in this world. :jazaakm Allah Khyran:

wa salaam alikom

AishaR

Asalam

This has been as a song & my mum would play it to us when we had been naughty as kids. It made me cry then & still does........

Salam

iman27

Salam alaikum ramatullahi wa barakatu, does anyone know if the story about the mom giving her son her eye is true or not?
Masalam

Slave Of Ar-Ra7MaN

#Islam #Oreos
salaamz

jazaka'ALLAH khair wa baraka'ALLAHu feek akhi for sharing this beautiful video with us, it really made me cry subhana'ALLAH, akhi may ALLAH bless u and all da muslimeen, Ameeen.
wassalaamu 3aleykom
ur sister in ISLAM:)

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:
for some reason i can't see the end of this video, when it gets to the letter the screen blacks out so I can't read it, could someone plz tell me what it says?
Jazakallah Khair
:wasalam:

iman27

Salam alaikum, here is what the letter says at the end, My dearest son, I think of you all the time. I am sorry I came to Singapore and scared your children. I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to get out of bed to see you. I am sorry I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up. You see when you were very little, you got into an accident you lost your eye. As a mother I couldn't stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. SO I GAVE YOU MINE. I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place with that eye. With my love to you, Your Mother.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Jazakallah Khair sister... wow, it's terrible how some people could treat their parents after all they've done.

:wasalam:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam Alaykum

I have read this before its very sad...:frown:
It made me cry jus reading it again..

:jazaak:

adeeb

subhanallah

salam..
what a beautiful story to share with us..... thanks for the story and the video. may Allah forgive me as a bad child for my parents:astag: . and all i want in this world are, to make them smile and proud of me.:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
iman27 said:
Salam alaikum ramatullahi wa barakatu, does anyone know if the story about the mom giving her son her eye is true or not?
Masalam

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

i think its just a made-up story.

Its a lot better if Muslims come and quote Ayah from Quran and Hadith from Prophet :saw: rather than make stories up.

Making stories up is what the Christians do. And infact, when you get those kind of stories in your email from a Muslim friend, it is the exact same story that was circulated on internet by Christians. Not that im saying writing a story is haram, thats not for me to say, just i feel a lot better when i read an Ayah or a hadith, because those are from Allah and his beloved Prophet :saw: there is nothing comparable or any better at softening our hearts and making us better people.

There is plenty in the Quran for us to think about, there are verses which say for us to be kind to our parents. But, also if we look at the Prophets mentioned in the Quran and how they spoke to their parents, they would use very soft and kind speech. And also the Prophet's to their children, i.e. Luqman and Nuh alayhisalam.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Writing Fiction & Poetry: What Does Islam Say?
Question
Dear Sheikh! Please enlighten me on Islam’s stance on writing fiction and poetry! Jazakum Allah Khairan!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All thanks and praise are due to Allah and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner! Thanks a lot for the confidence you place in us and the interest you show in understanding the teachings of Islam.

Islam is the religion of creativity. It urges its followers to be active, creative and imaginative. While being imaginative, Muslims should never forget that they are living on the surface of the earth and that their vocation and noble mission to stand up for truth and support right. It is not suitable for any Muslim to talk about the sweet dreams and the funny ideas while the aches of Muslims could be heard everywhere; rather, our literature should be the voice of our reality, the image of our selves, the depiction of our maladies. It should stand as a prescription of medication and a recipe of remedies.

Islam calls upon Muslims to make use of every branch of knowledge to enhance their link to their Ummah and their sense of belonging. It cries for poets and men of letters and stresses that their works should be dedicated for the benefit of the total tapestry of the Muslim nation and serve its causes. In this context, it is notable that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, supported Hassan ibn Thabit, the well-known Muslim poet who defended Islam and used (the Prophet) to say: “Say! And Gabriel supports you!”

This shows how high esteem does Islam gives to poets and men of letters who use these talents to serve their nation and bring benefit to people not those supporters of nakedness who use the Divinely-gifted talents in attacking decency and demolishing morality and spreading vice in the Muslim society.

Here is the fatwa issued Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr, former Head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee. The fatwa reads:

“There is no harm in writing fiction, be it stories or poems, as long as it is written for a good purpose or for brushing aside evil, like stories where animals speak as if they are humans or take on allegorical roles. The criterion here is that authenticated matters of the religion should be kept intact. Also, this writing should not be taken as a means to an evil end, and no evil consequence should result from this writing. In Islam, “harm should neither be inflicted nor tolerated” as is stated in the Hadith.

Some scholars, however, maintain that it is not allowed to write fiction. Their argument may be that such stories may contain falsified statements and thus are considered a waste of time. To them, these falsified statements lead to evil and should be avoided. They say that one should instead follow the manner of story telling used in the Qur’an.”

Reference
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543658

Wa salaam alikom

Jalila_mustafa

salaam
oh my god .... dats so bad dat video made me cry its soo sadd
how could u be like dat to ur own mother ...no matter how she looks..

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: :ma: this was so emotional ...it just goes to show a mother is precious and un replaceable...it reminds me of my mother...i wont be spending this ramadan with her...as she passed away after last ramadan....we should treasure our mothers every day ..for everything they have done..because you never know when they will be gone...and rasulallah :saw: said paradise lies at the feet of your mother...jazakallah khair for that post...:wasalam: :frown: