Movie: 300

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam Brothers and Sisters,

Yestserdy I watched the new movie 300. The film depicts the brave 300 Spartans fight the evil Persian empire. Although I am not a historian the film is Hollywood gone haywire.
What was the most distrubing aspect of the film was the total racism. The mighty Spartans fought the rest of the world. The Spartans were white and the rest of the world was ...not Spartan..infrerior.
The audience was lead to believe that the Spartans were democratic and gave their " women" the rights of citizenship.
It was a covert attack on Islam. I feel it is my duty to inform my brothers and sisters to be aware that we are being attacked.
If my views are in error please correct me...propaganda comes in many faces...Thank you.

apocalypse77

u mean its gonnabe anothe rone of those movies that portray muslims as arabs that are crazed terorist hell bending in destrying civilisations again and in theend defeated by the white westerners?:ma:

no wonder after that movie i read in sm of my friends' blog have all of a sudden out of the blue moon theyve been talking abt religion and theyre making fun of islam..:astag:

azbrie

Considering the movie - and the true story it's (loosely) based on - is set several hundred years before Islam came into existence, I don't think it's fair to say it's anti-Islam at all. It's certain anti-Persian under Xerxes, but he WAS a tyrant and people DID suffer, not the least of which were women.

On an unrelated note - it was very bloody and seemed overly dramatic, but that's how stuff works...and that battle, which actually took place, was likely even more bloody and dramatic...I was very impressed with the filmmaking involved here, actually.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

What I mean is the movie is a way of encouraging war. The evil Persians now Iranis....it is a way of feeding the minds of ignorant people hate. The Persians are nasty, lusty, stupid, weak...and too many...let's fast forward 2000 years and nothing has changed...the audience was clapping..
All I am suggesting is that the world of Hollywood continues to perpetuate stereotypes and hatered against Islam...people are hooked on Hollywood...they believe anything...and let's attack the ....

apocalypse77

kafirs can do whatever propoganda they want abt islam as much as they want.but allah's radiation cant be seal.if its sealed in one place the radiation will still emit out in other places lol..

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Assalaam Allaikum

Yes, I think you right about Hollywood. It is trying to promote concepts such as athiesm and all. they make fun of god. they say bad stuff with the name of Jessus (AS) and they promote bad morals to deviate people from believing in religion. there are many movies doing the things i mentioned. And so you are rite we must be carefull of what they do.

the young generation is very much affected by the Hollywood . for eg: Zanaa (Adultry)

Walaikum Asslaam

azbrie

Salaam aleikum

Didnt this happen before islam? When the persians were disbelievers?

Mmhmm, the battle referred to here took place 480 "BC".

And to be perfectly frank, I think we all have to admit that it doesn't matter WHAT the filmmakers intended to say with the movie...people will draw their own conclusions and run with it, claiming that they're backed by the opinions of thousands. I personally was among those clapping at the points when the Persians took a particularly nasty dive...because having studied a small amount of the history behind this, I believe they were evil.

(Also...almost nobody I know...and I'm a student at a state university...would know that Persians = Iranis - largely because the Persians in that movie are NOT who we'd consider Iranis today. Seriously, I understand being wary of attack, because it IS so prevalent, but in this situation I think you're looking too hard.)

:wasalam: brothers and sisters!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

No matter how much we moan or groan, it makes no difference to the western media. We have no power or ability to change anything in that sense.

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Yes, the attac was before Islam. The point is Hollywood used a pre-islamic event to portray the psyche of a people as being inherently evil. No, I am not going too far...I know it is our Muslim duty to dispell distortions and wrongs...
and finally, we as Muslims need to wake up and unite and understand that the depth of the *!*!*!*!an is very deep and insidious..the *!*!*!*!an makes everything look innocent...thank you.

apocalypse77

Salam,

Yes, the attac was before Islam. The point is Hollywood used a pre-islamic event to portray the psyche of a people as being inherently evil. No, I am not going too far...I know it is our Muslim duty to dispell distortions and wrongs...
and finally, we as Muslims need to wake up and unite and understand that the depth of the *!*!*!*!an is very deep and insidious..the *!*!*!*!an makes everything look innocent...thank you.

well this is not the first time..hollywood has brainwash the mass audiences since children were young from the disney movie aladdin..thanks to them, now pple tink arabs/muslims are backward,primitive,exotic desert dwellers

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

It's easy enough to blame the west for all our problems. If we, as muslims adhered to our religion, then things would be quite different. For those who forsake the quran and sunnah, there is humiliation.

wasalam

saqlawi

Muslim Student

I agree that Hollywood tends to do that, but I don't think 300 was supposed to be politically analyzed the way we are.

Either way, to be honest, I don't care. Abdul-Raheem pretty much said it...
we have more pressing problems.

suumaya

Brothers and sister i would encourage you all to stop watching hollywood movies. nothing good comes out of hollywood seriously...
we should watch something we can benefit on the earth and after life...

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Actually, the Persians at that time were neo-pagans before prophet Muhammad (SAW) came. They worshipped these three gods and godesses.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Actually, the Persians at that time were neo-pagans before prophet Muhammad (SAW) came. They worshipped these three gods and godesses.

Hooah, MashAllah, you know about their history. Are you going to become historian? :)

Persians were so evil at the time of Prophet (SAW) that the Muslims had some sympatheis towards Romans at that time. So Allah SWT revealed about about the victory of Romans in 9 years. Infidel people laughed at this revelation but then they saw it happened.

That is a separate story that Romans were also not much better. So they were rolled by Muslims.

Keep it up ma boy !!! ~_~

Wassalaam,
VE

blue

Salam,

Assalamu alaikum sister, I agree you're not going too far. The setting may have been before Islam, but even Greek critics have noted the parallels that you have, comparing Persians of then to modern day Iran. I thankfully didn't watch it, but the bigoted undertones were picked up by ppl I know who have. Thanks for warning others.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salaam aleikum

Didnt this happen before islam? When the persians were disbelievers?

Walaikum Asslam.

Yeah it did. But that doesn't mean most of the people with idiotic mind (better descibed as "average" in the US) will be able to distinguish the difference.

"Oh no err .. evil people .. from Persia .. must kill them ruthlessly .. they hate women .. we don't .. they have not changed in thousands of years .. we should attack again because we are right to do so".

It works away at the mind sub-consciously.