Moving finger in the tashahhud

abu turaab

:salam2: well i've read that one shouldn't move his/her finger in tashahhud,just direct it towards qibla and keep it a little bit bend(as prophet used to do)!..untill the prayer finishes!!...
:wasalam:

:salam2: well i've read that one shouldn't move his/her finger in tashahhud,just direct it towards qibla and keep it a little bit bend(as prophet used to do)!..untill the prayer finishes!!...
:wasalam:

Both is correct alhamdulillah. There are differences of opinion among salafs.

we had discussed it allready.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29624&highlight=finger+tashahhud

read whole thread inshallah.

But the video is helpful mashallah for those who used to move the finger.

abu turaab

Both is correct alhamdulillah. There are differences of opinion among salafs.
:salam2: even if both are correct,one must be more close to sahih than the other...
also you might have experienced like i did that...if you constantly move your finger with your gaze focused it(as said) you lose the concentration in prayer many a times!!..

...if you constantly move your finger with your gaze focused it(as said) you lose the concentration in prayer many a times!!..

Well akhi u cant use it as argument. Its depend on the understand of the words of hadiths. MAy be u understand it also from that thread which i pasted.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

There is nothing to argue about this matter. You follow anyone you think is closer. It is very simple. For me i just focus on my finger without moving...

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^

Every time you make du’aa’ point upwards towards the One upon Whom you are calling. This is closer to the Sunnah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) explained the phrases narrated for the du’aa’ in the Tashahhud. He said:

Every time you make du’aa’ then move your finger towards upwards towards the One upon Whom you are calling, so we say:

As-salaamu ‘alayka ayyuha’l-Nabiyyu (Peace be upon you O Prophet) – you should point your finger whilst reciting this because the salaam is a kind of du’aa’.

As-salaamu ‘alayna (peace be upon us) – point your finger.

Allahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad (O Allah, send prayers upon Muhammad) – point your finger.

Allahumma baarik ‘ala Muhammad (O Allah, send blessings upon Muhammad) – point your finger.

A’oodhu Billaaih min ‘adhaaib Jahannam (I seek refuge with Allah from the torment of Hell) – point your finger.

Wa min ‘adhaab il-qabr (and from the torment of the grave) – point your finger.

Wa min fitnat il-mahyaa wa’l-mamaat (and from the trials of life and death) – point your finger.

Wa min fitnat il-maseeh il-dajjaal (and from the trial of the Dajjaal) – point your finger.

Every time you make du’aa’ point upwards towards the One upon Whom you are calling. This is closer to the Sunnah.

Musa abu A'isha

Aussie Muslim
Both accounts are authentic (moving and raised throughout). Just as there is more than one way to say the adhaan, more than one du'aa to start your prayer with and more than one version of the Tashhahud.
The Prophet would alternate certain things in his prayer such as the Du'aa and the Tasleem. So many allow variation in the movements during the Tashhahud.
Wallaahu A'lam..