Multiple accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyHijabi

Is it against the rules for one person to have more than one account? If so could I get a PM from a moderator/admin concerning this. I have noticed something very concerning and think it needs to be addressed. Thank you.

revert2007

Love Fishing
hahhaha.this is what i have mentioned myself in another post of mine that the ip address of these users should be traced.

ShyHijabi

Yeah I agreee!

Either I am paranoid, or I feel that Zionists are monitoring our Islamic activities. But Praise Allah they have nothing on us.

Sometimes, however, people forget their sign-in....so idk. ;)

Let them monitor us! Whay harm could come of it? Maybe they will see the truth and change their ways. But this has to do with someone else, however I think this person is gone..again. Maybe he found his psych meds finally.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Let them monitor us! Whay harm could come of it? Maybe they will see the truth and change their ways. But this has to do with someone else, however I think this person is gone..again. Maybe he found his psych meds finally.

LOL sister you cracked me up!

Frankly..on numerous times..I got the feeling that a couple of members here have multiple accounts..and I even suspected that some banned members were returning under other identities..but because I had no way to prove it..aside from the *writing style* and *distinctive attitude issues*..I thought it can be all suspicions so I asked Allah to forgive me if I was wrong

I think members *should* report suspicions of this sort..it would pay off if a mod could trace the IP and find out what the deal is exactly

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
well i guess one way to find out is,when u pm him or her an she doesnt reply then it must be someone from previous id.and the reason they are being here is not to learn islam.i experienced it couple of times,then i just leave them alone.... i guess there are many people out there need our attention .lol

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

It is not specifically mentioned within the rules for TTI - but yes, in general we do not allow users to have more than one account. However, as has been mentioned, several users do attempt this, even after they are banned. Usually in such situations we monitor their activities and again place a ban on their new account if they are again making trouble, or ban their IP address altogether.

As for those Users who have 2 accounts, we ask that they not do this, and stick to one account - if only for the benefit of not causing confusion. And if we realize someone has more than one account and is abusing this faculty it definitely results in banning/ removing one of the accounts.

If you have any concerns/comments about such a situation please feel free to PM ukhti

Take care, and I hope you're having a lovely Ramadaan inshaAllaah

wasalam

ShyHijabi

I think there are Thousands of Members in here at TTI, How can those couple Moderators Scan/Trace there IP Adress so quickly, From another point of View, Its a huge work. I don't think they can trace each and single member here in TTI to get there multiple accounts kicked out.

PS: Further More, People will be making more!!!

I wasn't suggesting they trace every single IP, I had specific names I wanted them to look into. I've had trouble with one character coming back over and over again and harrassing myself and other sisters. The writing style was very distinctive and used very strange terminology. IN the end I was able to help them ban numerous accounts this one person was making in an attempt to harrass sisters.

Once the IP address is banned then it usually takes care of the issue until the person in question uses another one.

samiha

---------
Staff member

I have an inkling I know who you are talking about sister, and believe me we realize his frequent reoccurance on TTI. In fact he was permanently banned by whatever measures we could take, but still somehow came back. The stance as we are taking as of now (unless we get complaints or further information) is to leave him alone as long as he does not create problems.

I mean after all we've spent a lot of time behind this person (if it is indeed the same one we refer to) and you can only bann them and remove them a certain number of times before it becomes tedious and a waste of time.

wasalam

ShyHijabi

Salaam sister,

Firstly, thank you so much for your undying effort to keep the board members aware of their adaab. For now I only concern myself when someone begins to create fitnah. Then I report them, with great alacrity.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: ,
Just a word of caution to people who are trying to pin on users with IP adress, it is easy to mask IP. Also if i were to use my laptop in my office i may get different IP address than what i would get at home.
It would be more effective if you mark them with their MAC address.( it is unique for every machine in the world).

Well to be honest it is not much we can do abt this issue, if someone does not fear ALLAH SWT and the day of judgement, then they would find a different way to come around it.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I wasn't suggesting they trace every single IP, I had specific names I wanted them to look into. I've had trouble with one character coming back over and over again and harrassing myself and other sisters. The writing style was very distinctive and used very strange terminology. IN the end I was able to help them ban numerous accounts this one person was making in an attempt to harrass sisters.

Once the IP address is banned then it usually takes care of the issue until the person in question uses another one.

Assalamu Allaicum dear sister

I know on which brother do you mean,and it was wrong that he was harrasing sisters,but to me it happened diffrente. This brother was sending me nice messagess,was advicing me about Islaam,and was asking me some questions regarding Islamic issues. I think the point is in aproach of some members because maybe Administration of the site should give him onother chance and not bann him each time when he create onother account InshAllah.I think that somone should advice him nicely to not send unaproperiate messagess to sisters Astagfirullah,and maybe he will accept those advices and not just to bann him. That is not always the right solution,and Allah knows the best, We should always have high gouls and not give up of them with the first opstacule.And we should not rich people trough thier IP adresses,but trough their hearts.

Allah subahn we teal sais:":"Beautiful word is like the beautiful tree;his root is deep in grownd,and his brances are going towerd sky.It is giving fruit in every time when its Lord despoes-Allah is giving examples to mainkind to they can recive message......"(Ibraheem,24-27)
We should apply in ourselves and advice this member to do the same. I think that patiente in every relationship with people is very importante,like our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s thought us and he was the best example,and Allah knows the best,

May Allah bless you

ShyHijabi

Salaam sister Asja,

Then I don't think we are talking about the same guy. To avoid backbiting I will say that I felt this brother was in serious need of professional help. (that's not a joke)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salaam sister Asja,

Then I don't think we are talking about the same guy. To avoid backbiting I will say that I felt this brother was in serious need of professional help. (that's not a joke)

Wa allicum saalam sister

Yes,we are talking about the same persone-brother A.M? Like I said sister before to me it happend diffrente with this member Alhamdulillah,and to me it seemed like he does not need any proffessional help.,and Allah knows the best.

ShyHijabi

Wa allicum saalam sister

Yes,we are talking about the same persone-brother A.M? Like I said sister before to me it happend diffrente with this member Alhamdulillah,and to me it seemed like he does not need any proffessional help.,and Allah knows the best.

No that is not him. I am not going to give names as it will not serve a purpose. For now he is gone and there are multiple mods aware of his writing style. Suffice it to say this person was deeply disturbed and for now he is gone.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
No that is not him. I am not going to give names as it will not serve a purpose. For now he is gone and there are multiple mods aware of his writing style. Suffice it to say this person was deeply disturbed and for now he is gone.

Yes,it is him sister. The same brother Wallahi. This is not his full name,becasue I would never put his name in public for the sake of Allah.

Like I said before maybe it should be applyed diffrente aprocah to this brother Inshallah.

ShyHijabi

I am requesting this thread to be locked as I have already received my answer anyways. The person I am speaking about has repeatedly PM'd me in the past and would not leave me alone. He basically stalked me, so I really don't know how I could've handled him differently. Sister Asja, we are talking about two different people, trust me.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I am requesting this thread to be locked as I have already received my answer anyways. The person I am speaking about has repeatedly PM'd me in the past and would not leave me alone. He basically stalked me, so I really don't know how I could've handled him differently. Sister Asja, we are talking about two different people, trust me.

I think we are thinking on the same persone sister and Allah knows the best.

Inshallah I will PM you sister.

May Allah bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.