Multiple personalities and Islam

auroran

:salam2:

You're right uthki...I shouldn't have jumped into conclusions. But shaytaan does that kind of stuff, may Allah keep him far from us!

mezeren

ritual abuse

I am finally back,I wanted to make tou know that I made many bad things,such as hitting myself with a knife,I tempted suicide,I felt a sensation of pleasure,while I was looking to my daughter suffering.It was the presence of jinn,which made me see everything in a negative way.my sister has been killed by my dad,but he maybe didn't remember what he did,because I knew that a jinn made he do what he did.:shymuslima1:
I'm not very proud of my past,but now everything's got better

Sister, your post reminded me the story of a woman i have recently come accross. i recommend you read the site below thoroughly.it could offer new horizons.

http://svalispeaks.wordpress.com/

Here are some excerpts:

Ritual Abuse The words conjures up images of people in robes, chanting, or perhaps a grade D horror flick. But what is the reality?
First, let’s look at a definition of ritual abuse:

Ritual abuse is the systematic, repetitive abuse of both children and adults by either an individual or a group. It may involve psychological, sexual, physical and/or spiritual abuse, and the effects are devastating on the individual who undergoes it. Often survivors of this type of extreme abuse cope by dissociating, and as adults may continue the cycle of amnesia and abuse. The key word here is : repetitive. Ritual abuse is done repetitively, in a consistent pattern, over time. This may be done in the name of a religious belief, or simply out of patterned cruelty. Any idealogy can and has been used to justify the pattern of abuse. Most of the victimization begins in early childhood, and is done by adults who were themselves abused. The cycle continues because people often do not realize that they can stop it; often, they feel “trapped” in the pattern of abuse.

Some stories of survivors:

Joanne, a survivor of generational abuse, states: I was about 12yrs old when I realised what was going on wasn’t “normal” but I never came out and said anything, I was the typical abused kid who acted up, but no-one would believe me when I first tried to say anything at the age of 16yrs. The memories, well some I have always known, generally the more traumatic the event the better recall of them that I have, although there are still some major injuries that I remember having but can’t recall what lead up to the injuries, I know when and where they took place but as to what precipitated the actual injury, I don’t remember.

Ellen, another survivor, did not dissociate her memories: I was in a cult which started in 1994 evolving from alleged apparitions of Mary in this area of the country. These apparitions, called Our Lady of Light, I now believe to be luciferian in nature. There was a visionary who claimed to be receiving messages from Jesus to renew the Church and the world with a particular emphasis on the priesthood. A Jesuit theologian became the spiritual director of this group through messages from Our Lady of Light. I was deeply involved in this cult from it’s inception in 1994 until I was able to escape in June of 1998. I am not DID; but was well on my way by the time I left. I remember feeling as if there were 2 different realities while I was in that cult……… I dared not remember my former life……….. but glimpses would come through at times which I would quickly shut down. It was not until after I left that cult and began healing and studying that I came to the realization of the symbolic satanic rituals involved in this cult. The understanding would come little bits at a time. The depth of the evil was so intense that I could only have tolerated little pieces at a time. If I would have come to a full understanding immediately, I do believe that I would have shattered or died. I knew that I had to keep battling for the truth. It was through the struggle to sift out the truth from the lie that I came to the understanding of the nature of the evil of the group.

Ian, an eleven year old child, shares his experience: I always knew I had inside people. I could see them and talk to them. One time, I remembered something, and two nights later, one of my inside people told my leader that I remembered, it was an inside kid who “squealed” on me. They hit me, and then they shocked me, yelling at me I was to never remember, ever, or it would be worse for me. They then made me run, shooting bullets over my head, and laughing. I was really afraid then, when I first remembered again, when I got away from them. I was sure someone was going to come and get me, or hurt me. In fact, at night, I need someone with me so I can fall asleep. Night is the worst, because that is when we would go to meetings. Daytime is great for me.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Not all psychiatric disorders are a result of abuse. Poor ego reality is a symptom of the presenting problem. The examples you have selected are descriptors of egos that are not really intact. They do not offer cures. The goal of therapy is to integrate the loose "ego" i.e. alter egos into one cohesive ego living in the here and the now.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
yes,I was psychologically abused during my childhood.but nowdays I try to pass over my past.I only can say that my family belonged maybe to the worst of the communities in the world:Hare Krishna.this is a branch of hinduism,and I assure that it was possible to play with the minds of people.I knew that double personality was matched with Jinn because I had the proof of it.in my family it was used to "joke"with black magic,until some jinn got angry and possessed my ancestors(grandfather,father and me):it was a chain of curses,that could be broken only with the acceptance of Islam,because many Jinn hate Allah.when I entere to Islam I had the answers to many me behaviours.at first I talked to a psychiatrician,but he did me nothing,becuase my anguish was to deep to expose to anybody.I feared my father so much,that I could see him everywhere,above all after my marriage with a muslim boy.I needed my father,but I hated him.my nights were populated of nightmares,until I took the courage to say "stop"to my father.I made him say the shahada and from that moment nothing turbes me too much.I sometimes fear the darkness,but when something bad wants to harm me,I hunt it away.I am not already come out of the trauma,but I can go on,with the help of Allah:hijabi: