Music

anna

:salam2:
I was just wondering how many of you listen to music and are trying to give up, and if anyone could come up with any helpful tips or ways to overcome this habit.

I was once an addict but now alhamdulillah ,the situation has really improved. But its really difficult in a home where everyone listens to it , and see nothing wrong in it and call you a fundo for not doing so.

sky_012

:wasalam: sister

hope u are doing well Inshallah

well my tips are
close all the doors so if someone is listenning to music, you can't hear it and if it is in the same room then tell the person to use a "helmet" i don't know the neglish word but it's the thing u put in your ears sothat nobody can listen (pardon my english sister )

:wasalam:

Muwahi-1

Asalamu alaikum,

Well,music was like water to a fish to me,but alhamdu lilah now I no more listen to it. My advice to you is (1)May Dua in your prayers to allah to give you power and strength, (2) keep yourself busy reading books about the hereafter, Jannah, Allah, Sahabbah...etc (3) try to look for very good recitors of Quran.(4) try to have a good company, some good friends for instance (5) look for Halal anasheed ( voice only with no drums)....Please remember, it is only a matter of education, and where there is a will there is always a way Inshaa allah.

May Allah taala give you strength and help you. Amin

Wa

samiha

---------
Staff member
:wasalam: sister

hope u are doing well Inshallah

well my tips are
close all the doors so if someone is listenning to music, you can't hear it and if it is in the same room then tell the person to use a "helmet" i don't know the neglish word but it's the thing u put in your ears sothat nobody can listen (pardon my english sister )

I think you mean headphones. That's a good idea, but people aren't always so receptive to ideas or advice.

Make dua sis, and constantly remind yourself of death and hereafter.

anna

jazakallah for the replies, sky_012 , Muwahi-1 , samiha!

Make dua sis, and constantly remind yourself of death and hereafter.

Thanks for this advice sis (as if I already didnt know this!...jk) really it works!
I guess I dont have time to give it up gradually as I thought I would. I must stop listening to it now.

Ayep

:salam2: sister

I used to play musical instrument and glued to music all the time. I thought I could'nt live without it until I discovered it is haram.

Today I play Quranic recitations everyday in my home. It works. No more music, no more musical instrument. It's all psychological I guess.

Good luck in your journey sister.

Allah knows bests

Karema

salam alkum brother
I'm new here so i just saw your question and i would tell you to listen to ansheeds instead that way you won't even need music in your life inshallah alhmduliah i didn't listen to is for a year now everytime i get on the computer i listent to my favorite Quran recitor and or listen to anasheeds that's how i sometimes kill bordem. I aslo wanna say thank you for those who put an effort to make this site it's really beneficial to us alhamduliah.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
:salam2: I actually used to listen to music on my ipod during times such as travelling on the bus and back, etc. But decided I had to improve a lil bit more during Ramadan.

So I deleted all the music off from my ipod, and put Saad Ghamadi's recitation on it. Then about 10 days into Ramadan, my older brother came back from one of his med classes and told me that "listening to music, or anything, on headphones on a loud volume for longer than 30 minutes will permanently damage your ears! Since then, I put my ipod away, and do my best not to listen to it.

Since Eid, I've still listened to music on my ipod now and then .. I think maybe 5 or 6 times .. for a period maybe 20 mins each time. But it's definitely cut down a lot from what it was like 2 months ago. InshAllah, I'll get stronger and stronger in resisting. (Just a side note: the generation of people with headphones from walkmans in the 80s, and ipods like today, have yet to grow up to an old age of 60+, we will see in a few years maybe how damaging headphones can be).

Anyways, enough of my online confessions. To me, listening to music just comes down to being bad because of mainly wasting time. When that time could be used to do something beneficial instead. Much like daydreaming. Just my thoughts.

Delyan

El salam aaleykom,

I read all your advises to sister Anna very carefully because indeed, music is haram, everyone s supposed to know; netherless, it s an habit that many of us still keep :the human kind s weak but together we are improving thanks to Allah s Will then, let s try everyone, day after day to concentrate ourselves on things which really worth it instead of wasting time listening to useless words that at the end of the day don't bring us any any benefit : ask yourself what is the advantage , which interest will I have if I listen to this ..Try to be a model for ur sisters ur brothers ( I mean at home, ur whole family), believe me, they ll necessairly take retreat on themselves and ask themselves about wht they re listening to and why . Above all if Allah Has Prohibited it there s a reason we should appreciate and just accept inshalah wel 7amdolilah we Allah ô a3lam

sis delyan