Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque After "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I came across this article on www.whatreallyhappened.com:

September 30, 2008

On Friday, September 26, the end of a week in which thousands of copies of Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West -- the fear-mongering, anti-Muslim documentary being distributed by the millions in swing states via DVDs inserted in major newspapers and through the U.S. mail -- were distributed by mail in Ohio, a "chemical irritant" was sprayed through a window of the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton, where 300 people were gathered for a Ramadan prayer service. The room that the chemical was sprayed into was the room where babies and children were being kept while their mothers were engaged in prayers. This, apparently, is what the scare tactic political campaigning of John McCain's supporters has led to -- Americans perpetrating a terrorist attack against innocent children on American soil.

I read the story as reported by the Dayton Daily News, but this was after I had received an email written by a friend of some of the victims of these American terrorists. The matter of fact news report in the Dayton paper didn't come close to conveying the horrific impact of this unthinkable act like the email I had just read, so I asked the email's author for permission to share what they had written. The author was with one of the families from the mosque -- a mother and two of the small children who were in the room that was gassed -- the day after the attack occurred.

"She told me that the gas was sprayed into the room where the babies and children were being kept while their mothers prayed together their Ramadan prayers. Panicked mothers ran for their babies, crying for their children so they could flee from the gas that was burning their eyes and throats and lungs. She grabbed her youngest in her arms and grabbed the hand of her other daughter, moving with the others to exit the building and the irritating substance there.

"The paramedic said the young one was in shock, and gave her oxygen to help her breathe. The child couldn't stop sobbing.

"This didn't happen in some far away place -- but right here in Dayton, and to my friends. Many of the Iraqi refugees were praying together at the Mosque Friday evening. People that I know and love.

"I am hurt and angry. I tell her this is NOT America. She tells me this is not Heaven or Hell -- there are good and bad people everywhere.

"She tells me that her daughters slept with her last night, the little one in her arms and sobbing throughout the night. She tells me she is afraid, and will never return to the mosque, and I wonder what kind of country is this where people have to fear attending their place of worship?

"The children come into the room, and tell me they want to leave America and return to Syria, where they had fled to from Iraq. They say they like me, ... , and other American friends -- but they are too afraid and want to leave. Should a 6 and 7 year old even have to contemplate the safety of their living situation?

"Did the anti-Muslim video circulating in the area have something to do with this incident, or is that just a bizarre coincidence? Who attacks women and children?

"What am I supposed to say to them? My words can't keep them safe from what is nothing less than terrorism, American style. Isn't losing loved ones, their homes, jobs, possessions and homeland enough? Is there no place where they can be safe?

"She didn't want me to leave her tonight, but it was after midnight, and I needed to get home and write this to my friends. Tell me -- tell me -- what am I supposed to say to them?"

When acting as a representative of Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), the 501(c)3 non-profit organization that I work for, I cannot engage in political activities. The distribution of Obsession, however, although a political campaign scheme, clearly crosses over into the mission of MRFF. So, I'm going to make two statements here -- one in my capacity as MRFF's Research Director, and another as an individual whose disgust at the vile campaign tactics of John McCain's supporters completely boiled over when I opened up the email about children being gassed.

My statement as MRFF's Research Director:

The presidential campaign edition of the Obsession DVD, currently being distributed by the Clarion Fund, carries the endorsement of the chair of the counter-terrorism department of the U.S. Naval War College, using the name and authority of an official U.S. military institution not only to validate an attack the religion of Islam, but to influence a political campaign. For these reasons, this endorsement has been included in MRFF's second lawsuit against the Department of Defense, which was filed on September 25 in the Federal District Court in Kansas.

My opinion as an individual and thoroughly appalled human being:

John McCain has a moral obligation to publicly censure the Clarion Fund, the organization that produced Obsession and is distributing the DVDs; to denounce the inflammatory, anti-Muslim message of Obsession; and to do everything in his power to stop any further campaign activities by his supporters that have the potential to incite violence.

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m47646&hd=&size=1&l=e

Shahzad

i wonder if u have read Iqbal's verse

In shaheedon ki deat Ehle-e-Kalisa say na mang
Qadr-oi-Qeemat main hain khoon jin ka Haram say barh ker.

Mom, why dont you start your own blog? Perhaps at wordpress? You might be able to money from it as well . lol (due to high traffic)

butterflymuslima

I saw this yesterday!

I saw this article on myspace yesterday and also read the article in the Dayton Newspaper. I can't name an appropriate emotion!!! I emailed the article to ureport @ Fox news and asked why this had not made national news! Guess what they never replied back and it still hasn't made national news!!! I have five children and I am embarrassed that this country would try and sweep something like this under the rug! All children are a gift from Allah and when 300 almost die it's not just small town news!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Son, my purpose is to educate Muslims and good people to strive for the Truth. We all know that everything belongs to Allah subhana talla. However, we promised Our Creator we would be responsible for this precious planet and all its inhabitants..I do little but copy and paste. I beg of you to pass the words of Truth to others.

Walaikum Assalaam.

American terrorism!

Salaam,

This is terrorism in many levels....by Clarion Fund, U.S. Naval War College, John McCain & his campaign. McCain is trying to stir fear in the minds of Americans. When you stir fear in the mind and hearts of people they'll look to reach for someone that can help them; thus the video is a political move to increase his votes and become the president. In the process, hatred & fear is resulting in terrorism inside America! McCain's priest is also very anti-Islam. It goes to show who is really promoting terrorism.

I usually bookmark these kinds of news so to increase the awareness of Americans and the unseen reality of their comfortable and lavish environment.

palestine

Servant of Allah
and yet again what do they expect us to do? laugh and cheer with them that they have "captured" and maybe even "killed" "terrorists"? yeah right. you see i cannot love nor help a group of people who kill my brothers and sisters daily and then label me and my brohters and sisters as terrorists and extremists. no way. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Salaam,

I came across this article on www.whatreallyhappened.com:

September 30, 2008

On Friday, September 26, the end of a week in which thousands of copies of Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West -- the fear-mongering, anti-Muslim documentary being distributed by the millions in swing states via DVDs inserted in major newspapers and through the U.S. mail -- were distributed by mail in Ohio, a "chemical irritant" was sprayed through a window of the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton, where 300 people were gathered for a Ramadan prayer service. The room that the chemical was sprayed into was the room where babies and children were being kept while their mothers were engaged in prayers. This, apparently, is what the scare tactic political campaigning of John McCain's supporters has led to -- Americans perpetrating a terrorist attack against innocent children on American soil.

I read the story as reported by the Dayton Daily News, but this was after I had received an email written by a friend of some of the victims of these American terrorists. The matter of fact news report in the Dayton paper didn't come close to conveying the horrific impact of this unthinkable act like the email I had just read, so I asked the email's author for permission to share what they had written. The author was with one of the families from the mosque -- a mother and two of the small children who were in the room that was gassed -- the day after the attack occurred.

"She told me that the gas was sprayed into the room where the babies and children were being kept while their mothers prayed together their Ramadan prayers. Panicked mothers ran for their babies, crying for their children so they could flee from the gas that was burning their eyes and throats and lungs. She grabbed her youngest in her arms and grabbed the hand of her other daughter, moving with the others to exit the building and the irritating substance there.

"The paramedic said the young one was in shock, and gave her oxygen to help her breathe. The child couldn't stop sobbing.

"This didn't happen in some far away place -- but right here in Dayton, and to my friends. Many of the Iraqi refugees were praying together at the Mosque Friday evening. People that I know and love.

"I am hurt and angry. I tell her this is NOT America. She tells me this is not Heaven or Hell -- there are good and bad people everywhere.

"She tells me that her daughters slept with her last night, the little one in her arms and sobbing throughout the night. She tells me she is afraid, and will never return to the mosque, and I wonder what kind of country is this where people have to fear attending their place of worship?

"The children come into the room, and tell me they want to leave America and return to Syria, where they had fled to from Iraq. They say they like me, ... , and other American friends -- but they are too afraid and want to leave. Should a 6 and 7 year old even have to contemplate the safety of their living situation?

"Did the anti-Muslim video circulating in the area have something to do with this incident, or is that just a bizarre coincidence? Who attacks women and children?

"What am I supposed to say to them? My words can't keep them safe from what is nothing less than terrorism, American style. Isn't losing loved ones, their homes, jobs, possessions and homeland enough? Is there no place where they can be safe?

"She didn't want me to leave her tonight, but it was after midnight, and I needed to get home and write this to my friends. Tell me -- tell me -- what am I supposed to say to them?"

When acting as a representative of Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), the 501(c)3 non-profit organization that I work for, I cannot engage in political activities. The distribution of Obsession, however, although a political campaign scheme, clearly crosses over into the mission of MRFF. So, I'm going to make two statements here -- one in my capacity as MRFF's Research Director, and another as an individual whose disgust at the vile campaign tactics of John McCain's supporters completely boiled over when I opened up the email about children being gassed.

My statement as MRFF's Research Director:

The presidential campaign edition of the Obsession DVD, currently being distributed by the Clarion Fund, carries the endorsement of the chair of the counter-terrorism department of the U.S. Naval War College, using the name and authority of an official U.S. military institution not only to validate an attack the religion of Islam, but to influence a political campaign. For these reasons, this endorsement has been included in MRFF's second lawsuit against the Department of Defense, which was filed on September 25 in the Federal District Court in Kansas.

My opinion as an individual and thoroughly appalled human being:

John McCain has a moral obligation to publicly censure the Clarion Fund, the organization that produced Obsession and is distributing the DVDs; to denounce the inflammatory, anti-Muslim message of Obsession; and to do everything in his power to stop any further campaign activities by his supporters that have the potential to incite violence.

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m47646&hd=&size=1&l=e

:salam2:
I cannot believe something like this happened. I've not seen it on TV or the newspaper. You hear about potential terror plot, yet they do not report an actual terrorist attack.
This is indeed, very sad.
:wasalam:

maryjo

I dont beleive it-how can they get away with something like this???
It doesn't surprise me to see how sick and twisted the americans are because 5 out of every ten of them are either rapists, violent drunkees, drug addicts/dealers, serial killers, pedophiles.......and all the other faces of the devil.
what surprises me is how this action went unnoticed by the public and how they covered it up like we were flies or harmful bugs. If they sprayed a cat or a dog with such a gas, the whole world would have condemned it.
What can we say other than hasbunallah wa ni3malwakil and Allah akbar on them and may Allah protect us from the bad and evil.

Khalil2u

Where is the ummah in America?

Salaam alaykum,
This makes me very angry. Vexed. Anger is an issue that I have to deal with in my daily life. I used to be very violent. Allah SWT has changed me a lot but I struggle daily. This makes me want to return to my old ways. I know that will be destructive and not help this situation. May Allah SWT please calm my inner thoughts. I will try hard to keep my head.:angryblue::angryred::SMILY309::SMILY23::(:mad::tantrum1:

:girl3:This is very disturbing. May Allah SWT send his mercy and compassion to these families. I hope these children and their parents will remain healthy and recover physically from this. Mentally and emotionally this will not leave them. I pray for their recoveries. I pray to Allah SWT to please protect them and all Muslims around the world who are innocent and being persecuted. :tti_sister:

:SMILY45:I'm not surprised by this. I don't know that this is the fault of McCain. I don't know that this is the fault of obsession. I have seen this docuslander. Howeverr I have seen more evil things than this film online. I have seen them burn the Quran's :girl3:I have seen people record themselves saying how they hate Islam from all colors and all corners of the planet.:girl3: I've heard the evil things they say about Allah SWT and the prophet Muhammad pbuh. :girl3:I just got finished as I'm blogging watching a commercial that plays on the basic cable for big apple am radio show NY that said "Who will protect us better from the IslamoNazi terrorists?" Obama or McCain? end quote. :girl3:They play it on all the news stations in the middle of shoving this election down our throats as if the rest of the world does not exist. Do you really think they want a media spin on the fact that the Iraqi people that they are liberating and saving are being gassed right here in USA. No they saved the Iraqi's from being gassed by Saddam. Not at election time. This is why they use this documentary type of format by authors not known to be connected to people like McCain. Slip it in the mail. They HYPNOTIZE you by repeating it over and over in the media. Show you images of bombs and AK 47 riffles then in the next scene show people offering salat. The people of America are made to believe by images that salat is a ritual used before we go and blow ourselves up.

:SMILY26::SMILY26:THIS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IS THE THE PROPAGANDA OF FEAR:SMILY26::SMILY26:

:SMILY309:Islamic hate crimes are on the rise in America since 911. A teacher in Chicago used the only Muslim in his class as an example of terrorism. His classmates of course teased and taunted him about this. This became a small news story in the Chicago area. A little girl I don't recall the city was beat up and her hijab ripped off by a male classmate who then threatened her life. He was not properly chastised by the school. This received very little media attention Now this. Chemical gas thrown into one of our precious mosques. Another story that will not be given the media coverage it deserves:SMILY309:

:SMILY309: WHY THIS? HOW HERE?:SMILY309:Because we are allowing this. We sit back and we do nothing. Ever since 911 I don't see us the ummah standing up in this country America to say. We are not terrorists. Islam is not dangerous. They will not give us a slot on CNN, MSNBC, C_SPAN or FOX news to do this. Just like they won't do this for the ummah in other countries. I see the ummah standing up strong in England. :jumpclap:I see them stand up in Europe. :jumpclap:I see them in huge protests against the idea that Islam is this terrible disease. When they draw cartoons of the prophet pbuh they lash out with their voices in unison. :SMILY71:When they turn the prophet into a teddy bear they lash out with their voices in protest.:SMILY82: When they try to ban hijab the muslimah's scream in the streets of Amsterdam that their not having it. :SMILY286:Not here in America. :SMILY153:Oh no We are like mice when it comes to this discrimination that we face increasingly. :SMILY209:When will the American Muslims scream at the top of our lungs in protest to this injustice.:SMILY209:: We are silent. Maybe we are silent because of the reactions our media and governments show towards Muslims in other countries protesting . Maybe we are giving in to the fear propaganda that they are pushing. Maybe we are jaded by this comfortable earthly lifestyle that I see Muslims including me live in America. Maybe we are afraid of the backlash that we may get from our fellow Americans. We should only fear Allah SWT. You know what it says in the Quran about the ones who play the background and are silent when the ummah are fighting and struggling in the way of Allah SWT and Islam. :girl3:

:SMILY23::SMILY23:I'm an African American Muslim. This story reminds me of the 4 little girls burned in a church in Alabama. Brother Malcom was shot down for protesting. Not only did he speak out against the injustice to blacks he spoke up for Islam and invited America to Islam. Martin Luther King was shot down for protesting the injustice being done to the blacks in America. He had a dream and its sad that after all these years it still has not come true. Blacks were persecuted in this country for 500 years before they overcame the fear and stood up in protest to the treatment they received by the hands of the US government. When we stood up and showed the world that the America that preached freedom and equality in the world was killing and discriminating against its own citizens. They told people we were niggers and dangerous we would rob, kill and rape. The truth was brought to the light in the form of words and protests. We threw our fears away and stood up and spoke out and marched in crowds. We changed the minds about blacks until we have a black man running for the highest office in THIS land. With words.

:SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34:WE THE UMMAH OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN NOT WAIT 500 YEARS. WE CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER DAY. WE MUST STAND UP AND SPEAK OUT. MARCH IN THE STREETS AND PROTEST. WE CAN NOT KEEP LETTING THE PROPAGANDA OF FEAR DEFINE US. WE MUST DEFINE OURSELVES IN A DIGNIFIED WAY. WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE ALLAH SWT ON OUR SIDE. HE WILL MAKE US THE MUSLIMS VICTORIOUS. :SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34:

:hearts::hearts:WE ARE BEAUTIFUL NOT MONSTERS. I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH SWT. :hearts:Khalil2u4ever:hearts: :hearts:

:tti_sister:Allah SWT give us strength send us your mercy compassion and forgiveness. You are the best to give us these things.:tti_sister:

Believer

Assalamu Aleykum,
This is so sad. I agree with you all, how can it be overlooked? Why can they get away with it?
But to be honest, it doesn't matter if it's not national news and it doesn't matter if people don't know the true faces of these Americans - all that matters is that Allah knows and sees and He will deal with them on the Day of Judgment, InshaAllah!
I pray that the Ummah finds peace and tranquility, wherever they are. Amin!
Wa Aleykumus Salam

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: this is extremely sad news and we must spread this story that did not go further than local news in Ohio to brothers and sisters everywhere. I hate to say it but i would think that the authorities in ohio are probably not anxious to bring the criminals to justice. How many of the ignorant have been tainted by the anti-islamic proaganda since sept 11 2001?

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
and yet again what do they expect us to do? laugh and cheer with them that they have "captured" and maybe even "killed" "terrorists"? yeah right. you see i cannot love nor help a group of people who kill my brothers and sisters daily and then label me and my brohters and sisters as terrorists and extremists. no way. asalamu alaykum wrwb.
I know right sister Felasteen? Now when I become 18 they'll try to draft me into the war, but I'll refuse and oh well if they take me to court and file things against me, what can they do? Keep me in Jail or Guantanamo Prison for 5 years? Oh, so scary....not. Or maybe tey'll shoot me in the hea, but oh well, I'll turn around and watch the pistol at my hea, because I'm not scared of them or anyone who fights my brothers and sisters in our Ummah, and those who fight Allah Ta Alla's Ebadihs, and I'll face death, even if I was going to be executed (the new prison style) by the government, because seriously, I could care less about being killed.

I have many beautiful dreams that I want to accoplish in life (like WoW, so full of Allah Ta Alla's Barakah in my Ebadah), but when things come down to this, I'd rather BE killed and not live anymore and accomplish my dreams than go and fight my brothers and sisters in Islam until I'm dead, because (this is what you can say to the coward), "Everyone shall die, and when being drafted into the war, you will die when you refuse to fight, or you can decide to die in the hands of your Muslim brothers that you have betrayed, for YOU killed them (meaning the Munafiq boy who decided to be an "American Hero" by killing his brothers and sisters in Islam) and didn't support them when they wer being attacked, and the latter death is more severe, maybe life can last in some more years, but it will soon end, so the right choice is to obey Allah Ta A;;a out of fear of him, or die to honor your forfathers and to Please Allah Ta Alla."

I know this one Bangladeshi Uncle at my masjid (he's the white kind, pink skin, black curly hair past his earlobes, beard to his collar bones, VERY knowledgable) who told a story of when he had this one brother who fought in the Araq War, and he got hit by a blast which hit him in the side of his face and he lost his hearing for some time, but after that,he was allowed to leave the army due to injuries, but after he came back, he's seen the way they (the American Soldiers and the Munafiqs) treat the Muslims over there, so after he's experianced all that it increased his Eman, he made Tawbah to Allah Ta Alla, and he became more of a pious Muslim afterwards, Alhamdulillah.

"And Surely to Allah Ta Alla belongs all Praise, Might, Mercy, and KNowledge."

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
This is for you brother Khalil, and for all my brothers and sisters here as a reminder.

From The Battle of Uhud, to the Fighters agaisnt Rasulallah (SAW) and Islam (such as Khab ibn Ashraf), to the great Sahabi amongst the Jews, Surah Ali Imran.

[yt]v_HzHjklAKc[/yt]​

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

*sigh*
Its happening everywhere,Muslims being blamed and 'brought to justice' others being forgiven 'with a stern warning' in some cases their faults are overlooked,brushed aside,hidden and made to be lost in any possible way.Whilst the Muslim voices are crushed,their views,their ideas not so important and lack gravity,the critics' views are held in high esteem.As if we were a lesser human being than them.If we raise our voice(dare to) we are dubbed as having the 'victim benifit' as if we are trying to gain sympathy.Reminds me of an urdu couplet 'Hum aah bhi bharte hein to ho jate hein badnaam...wo qatl bhi karte hein charcha nahee hota'which means....'even if we sigh it makes to the headlines(in a wrong way),but it isnt even discussed when they commit a murder'.
Do we need their views,do we even need their ideas?No thanks,niehter do we need their suggestions if we have done nothing wrong.I hope one day the curtain of ignorance rises from their eyes and they see light inshaAllah.My prayers with the Muslims all around the world.Allah keep us all in his protection.Ameen
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My brothers and sisters.. Insha'Allah we are over the anger. Now, let us make a promise to ourselves to do something. What you do is personal. Some who are students may wish to discuss this in social studies classes; others who have access to masjids need to place on bulletinboards..some may wish to e-mail to all they know...but let us use our traditions to spread the Truth.
It is a small deed..but that is one reason why TTI is so important to us. We are able to communicate. I thank you for reading my reply.

Salaam alaykum,

This makes me very angry. Vexed. Anger is an issue that I have to deal with in my daily life. I used to be very violent. Allah SWT has changed me a lot but I struggle daily. This makes me want to return to my old ways. I know that will be destructive and not help this situation. May Allah SWT please calm my inner thoughts.

Salaam brother Khalil,

We're walking in the same shoes. But I've learned how to deal with. It's as simple as switching off the TV & radio. It's best to just get away from everything and be in peace with yourself sometimes. I recommond you read "Don't Be Sad" by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni. Here's the link:

http://www.onlineislamicstore.com/b7651.html

A teacher in Chicago used the only Muslim in his class as an example of terrorism. His classmates of course teased and taunted him about this. This became a small news story in the Chicago area

Thank you for informing us about this incident. These "small" things add up. 1+1+1+1+1+1........It doesn't take a Harvard PhD to figure this out.

amaal30

wow...i've never heard of this!!!! i've

heard about the video but i should've know some ppl were going to act out because of

this video. This is really ridicious :mad: and unthinkable, i'm speechless at the

moment....when "muslims" do a single act of aggression against an american its all over

the news but not vice-versa. even though this is horrible i do not want it on the

local/national news because some idiots might imitate the action and we could have

worse outcomes.

I pray for those families and muslims everywhere