Muslim/Islam-Hatred all over Yahoo Articles.

esperanza

revert of many years
There are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims. There are good Christians and there are bad Christians. I know several Christians that go to church every time the doors open, yet they still curse and use racial slurs against certain ethnic groups. I have even done these things myself in my past.

See, here's the thing, brothers and sisters: people fear what they don't understand. A lot of racial and religious intolerance is based on two things: fear and ignorance. The only solution is education. I myself am a good example of that. Until 6 months or so ago, I had a very typically Western view of Islam. I was afraid of it, and I thought it was "the Devil's Religion". Such is the attitude still of most of my friends and family.

I have always prided myself on being more enlightened than most people, and it was largely because of that and dissatisfaction in my own life that I took it upon myself to educate myself. I learned. I did this on my own. Nobody told me I had to. In fact, some people tried to talk me out of it. But I persisted, and eventually I went from fearing Islam to being curious, to wanting to learn more about it, to acceptance.

I am only one man. But there are others like me. Together maybe one day we can change the world...

people seem to be afraid of things they dont know ,but not all look to their conscience and question things like you did...hope many more follow your path ..inshalla

:hijabi:

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
people seem to be afraid of things they dont know ,but not all look to their conscience and question things like you did...hope many more follow your path ..inshalla

:hijabi:

:salam2:

Well, maybe not my exact path, because I'm hitting some rough patches right now, but I've always been a thinker. I was never like the other kids at school and now I'm not like the other adults at work.

esperanza

revert of many years
i know what you mean... ialways found myself different from other people,,,growing up.maybe we did not know it..but iwas becasue we were destined to be different???!!!

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
i know what you mean... ialways found myself different from other people,,,growing up.maybe we did not know it..but iwas becasue we were destined to be different???!!!

Eh, I always thought it was because I was left on earth by aliens. :biggrin:

But strangely, I haven't found anyone else who is part alien...

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
mayAllah guide you

:salam2:

He will. Maybe not as fast as I want, but He will. I prayed for the first time in a while tonight at masjid and it felt good. I feel like maybe I can finally face down these demons in my life once and for all.

:salah: