Muslim Lands/countries

q8penpals

Salam

I was just browsing some posts and am curious about something. It seems many people who want to move to Muslim Lands/countries seem to want to move to the Middle East or Arab countries. Arab account for only 18-20% of Muslims world wide. Why aren't people wanting to move to other countries with more Muslims (Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan combined account for over 1/3 of the Muslims in the world)?

So, I am just curious, if you are thinking of moving to a Muslim country some day, do you think primarily of the Arab countries first, or countries with lots and lots of Muslims first?

Lana

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ Bangladesh and Pakistan are more like 3rd world Muslim countries. India has a better economy in places like Delhi, but the lifestyle there wouldn't be much different to what you have in the West. Middle Eastern countries have been developing faster over the last few decades becaues of the oil-rich resources they have. Malaysia is a good non-Arab Muslim country to live in. To actually answer the question, perhaps people want to move to an Arabic speaking country so they can master the Arab language. Salam alaikum.

i think people have this misconception that all arab countries r very Islamic but in reality if uve been to countries like dubai n kuwait then theyll think twice b4 coming to an arab country...but i think that the arab countries r still way better than all the other muslim countries like the ones uve mentioned above cause although they r Islamic they r poor n i dont think no1 wants to live in poverty nowadays!....the only place which r Islamic n peaceful is Mecca n Medinah....i said Place Not Country :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I usually think of the Arab world myself, not exactly the nations such as UAE. The reason why is as a user has already stated, gaining mastery of the `Arabic language, opening myself up to understanding Allaah's deen better, visiting the `Ullemah of Islaam who are well known, many of them reside in the Arabian Peninsular.

Of course one can say that can be achieved in another land, but I don't think it can to the same extent/level of easiness and quality. Allaah knows best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is simple for me. In our heart of hearts we wish to be closer to Allah subhana talla. The lands of Arabia were the birth of Islam. It is natural to wish to be near the birthplace of our Beloved Prophet (swas). Each place on Earth holds magnificient beauty..and none is better than the other..it is the systems that man employs that makes us wish for the greener grass. Who would not wish to be Arabia.
I am content because Allah subhana talla has placed me amidst glorious beauty..it makes our community stronger because we need each other so much more. Yesterday our schools were closed due to bad conditions...our masjid was filled with people and everyone lingered after prayers to be with each other. It was a mini Eid for us. In a sense it is easier for us to be strangers on Earth.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
^ Bangladesh and Pakistan are more like 3rd world Muslim countries.

:salam2:
So is Syria......well compared to Canada. But my reason for coming here first was to visit my husbands family. If anyone has ever come to an "Islamic" country you will soon realise it's not that Islamic, the stuff I've seen would shock people to no end. Anyway I did decide to utilize my time here and take advantage of learning Arabic, alhamdulillah it's all worth it.

If my husband were say from my country, I'd pick going to Malaysia. The people there are supper friendly and you can still go to school and learn Arabic there.

I think a lot of people esp converts choose middle eastern countries because they think they will be treated better as Muslims there and they can learn the language of the Prophet (PBUH), also a lot of converts marry Arabs, so they want to see the middle east.:wasalam:

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
Assalamualaikum
where ever we go,Allah know and watching us,doesnt matter arab country or non arab country,bigest moslem or not,islam is for All and try to implement islam every where you are.

MOSABJA

I think people prefer arab countries because they are economically more prosperous But i tell you technically all of the Muslims are 3 rd world countries.

In terms of economy Arabs are more propsperous.
Then it is malaysia and indonesia.
then com Pakistan.Pakistan has a good economy but unlike arabs the country is not a welfare state it is a national security state whose most of the budget goes to Military.Nuclear deterence e.t.c thats why it is most power ful muslim country militarily.Any way pakistan is good for people from the west if they live in Big cities like Islamabad,Karachi,lahore.

The Bangladesh it too is a poor country.

then we have central asian countries those countries are ruled by cruel dictatorships and they are also very much poor.

then there are African muslim countries and Afghanistan and Iraq.

In in all these countries people prefer arabs because they are richer.

BUT AS FAR AS ISLAMIC VALUES ARE CONCERNED.then it is a misconception that arabs are more religious INFACT THE POOREST OF MUSLIM COUNTRIES ARE MORE STAUNCH MUSLIMS.As prophet SA said that IF YOU LOVE ME POVERTY WILL COME UPON YOU QUICKER.
his words were true AFGHANS loved islam thats why when Ameicans said to Mullah Umar EITHER YOU ACCEPT A CARPET OF GOLD OR WE WOULD BURRY YOU UNDER CARPET OF BOMBS.He said that there is no comprise on ISLAM you can do what ever you want so They would have been very prosperous and there would be oil pipelines but if you LOVE ALLAH then he TESTS you.

In arab countries like UAE,Saudi arab(except holy cities).There are movies available,In dubai there are pubs every where.in TRIBAL AREAS OF PAKISTAN where you wont even find a women without Niqaab .Nearly all video cd shops are closed.At the time of prayers all business,sports is stopped and all the people rush to Masjids.

flamingo1

Salam to all
I would love to live in MADINA for the soul purpose of learning/mastering the arabic
language. And as for the Islamic Values, onw can hold on to this (Islamic value) as long as he/she has IMAN, weather in Africa, Asia or the mountains of nowhere!!!

I believe there is this peace in living in an all muslim country that you won't get else where.

Fi amanillah

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum, I dont think there being lots of women wearing Burka makes a place More Islamic... i.e. Afghanistan. Afghanistan has lots of places dedicated for Shirk, various tombs of Saints etc

The Land of Shaam, Syria, Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon.... is blessed. This land is often mentioned in the Quran and in the Hadith. It is where the majority of our Prophets, Allah bless them all lived and taught Islam. These are also the oldest and most historical places in the world. The area of Jericho for example, is counted as the oldest place where signs of civillisation exist. Likewise Damascus was the oldest continuously inhabited place in the world. Most importantly, the Masjid al Aqsa is blessed.. as is the land around it. This is mentioned in the Quran in Surah al Israa' (also known as Surah Bani Isra'eel)

I do not really think much of the Gulf countries, I am not interested in UAE, Qatar, Kuwait....Big glitzy shopping plazas dont really attract me. We got Harrods and Selfridges here ! I would not want to go somewhere for that. I like beautiful historic Islamic places like the levantine area and Makkkah, Madinah etc.

Saudi Arabia I love for Makkah and Madinah, this is area that is mentioned in the blessed Quran and Hadith..

Also, lets not forget that Masjid al HAraam in Makkah, Masjid al Aqsa, were the two first MAsaajid.. Mosques ever built . Both being built by Adam Alayhisalam. (With difference of 40 years between them being built , as is recorded in authentic hadith)

Also, Egypt and YEmen are both referenced in Quran and Hadith.. and have great historical place.

Having said that, obviously nothing at all wrong with living in Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Southern Phillipines, Bosnia or wherever you wish to live.

wasalamu alaykum.

aisha16

Saalam

I think like someone said before people go to Middle Eastern countries to learn Arabic. Also, to go to schools like madinah and al-azhar...

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I agree that alot of people most likely want to migrate to the Middle East because the Arab countries are better off economically than the Southeast Asian ones and also because they probably want to focus on learning Arabic. But I also agree with brother Mosabja. Yes, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh are third world countries (I didn't mention India because India is NOT a Muslim country) but what exactly are you comparing it to? America? Britain? Canada? Any country compared to those is a third world country lol. Pakistan, for example, may be considered a third world country but if you're comparing it to the Middle Eastern states then you should realize that it IS a national security state. NONE of the middle eastern states have either the size or the threat that Pakistan does. Pakistan is a HUGE country compared to the tiny middle eastern states and it has to spend the majority of its budget on the MILITARY just so that they can keep the Indian forces from attacking the borders. It is also a fairly young country (too young to keep up with the "competition") but despite that it's the only muslim country in the world with the nuclear bomb. Therefore, I do NOT think it is right to compare between these countries and say that people stay away from poorer ones because they want more comfortable residences.

This isn't a propaganda speech but a mere elaboration that if you're looking for riches or a comfortable lifestyle, you're probably not reaching the levels of piety that you want. Yes, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh have higher levels of poverty than the rest, but it is a well known fact supported by Quran and Hadith that the poor are loved by Allah and have lesser to answer for on the Day of Judgment for obvious reasons. I personally would want to answer for as less as I can possibly get.

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
:salam2: wb

Good question, if I had the opportunity, I would definetly chose an arab country and not just any arab country, rather only saudi arabia and not just saudi arabia, rather only mekka or medina. The blessings and history found in those two holy cities is the soul purpose of my decision. I plan on moving there in the future inshala.

Salam

So, I am just curious, if you are thinking of moving to a Muslim country some day, do you think primarily of the Arab countries first, or countries with lots and lots of Muslims first?

Lana

MOSABJA

Assalamu alaykum, I dont think there being lots of women wearing Burka makes a place More Islamic... i.e. Afghanistan. Afghanistan has lots of places dedicated for Shirk, various tombs of Saints etc

wasalamu alaykum.

Thers used to be .taliban closed all of them :SMILY259: But now again the KARZAI gov is supporting sufi brand to take the focus away from JIHAD.:angryred:

I was talking about FATA in pakistan where most of he people follow the school of Deobandi thought and Sayyed Ahmed Shaheed's/