2h66jid.jpg

k39klg.jpg

or30yg.jpg

wimoy.jpg

qzlzt4.jpg

2q3pye9.jpg

260uc06.jpg

Salaam,

Wow! So beautiful! Look at the amount of dawah they are giving to non-Muslims, especially in New York City! Look at the 3rd photo (on 1st post), so many non-Muslims in the back staring & wondering.

Since America is diverse with Muslims from different backgrounds, this is the best way to show the world that we are united!

BTW, when was this? I really want to join it next time.

Thank you so much for sharing. May Allah reward you.

Salaam,

Of course CNN & FOX are too busy to cover this stuff, rather gay parades are more important & have higher priorities to them. They don't even cover the biggest gathering in the world....Hajj (in Mecca).

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
wow ! It was really great idea ! We need this kind of Parades every day in every city in US...
I didnt like some of the writings thouh ,
Why its says ISlamist? Day Parade
Brother Humblewun the Parade was yesterday
,yes I agree with u CNN busy showing other staff ..

waaleikum salam

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wa alaykum salaam,

Yes it's dawah masha'Allah. But somehow, I like it, at the same time I dont entirely. But I guess that may be to my own pickyness. I mean it still involves mixing as apparent in pictures. Also the little baby had a tambourine, which falls under Music. And I cant imagine the chaos of it all. Subhan'Allah it's an interesting and innovative concept, but I dont know if I myself would entirely feel comfortable with it. Allahu 'Alem

wasalam

Salaam,

Countries aren't perfect. Government's aren't perfect. Culturals aren't perfect. Humans aren't perfect. Muslims aren't perfect. This is better than nothing. It at least brings Muslims together. It's the big picture that counts. Look at the forest through the trees.....

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Jazak Allah Khair for posting these pictures.

Mashallah this is very beautiful. I love to see the ummah coming together in Unity. This is very good the non-muslims they can see a positive side to Islam instead of the negative press. As well as see the dedication of the muslims praying in the street regardless of the hate spread about Islam and the negativity we as muslims receive. I think its great and a wonderful I eye opener for some. Not to mention this was done at a great time after all the buzz about the Why Islam posters. Inshallah this can get the people to thinking and spark more interest in Islam.

Wasalam Amirah80

cmelbouzaidi

Jazak Allah Khair for posting these pictures.

Mashallah this is very beautiful. I love to see the ummah coming together in Unity. This is very good the non-muslims they can see a positive side to Islam instead of the negative press. As well as see the dedication of the muslims praying in the street regardless of the hate spread about Islam and the negativity we as muslims receive. I think its great and a wonderful I eye opener for some. Not to mention this was done at a great time after all the buzz about the Why Islam posters. Inshallah this can get the people to thinking and spark more interest in Islam.

Wasalam Amirah80

:salam2: well said dear sister amirah. also, to the initiator of the thread, it is very nice to see the pictures, i would like to attend an event like this one day, Insha Allah. the picture of salat in the streets of manhattan sums it all up :) looking forward to hearing from more participants.
:wasalam:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:ma:Looks beautiful! I live in NY, but I did not even know about it until now. Inshallah the next one. Such unity, Alhamdullilah!

helpinghumanity

saalam ..

thank you very much for sharing the pictures...

I was at the muslim day parade 2....i made the video of the whole event.....

The interesting thing was that i focussed more on non-muslims ...got their interviews asking them wht they know about islam and how they view islam as a religion...furthermore i asked them if they are open-minded????if they were then i presented them a book "A BRIEF ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO UNDERSTAND ISLAM 2nd editon by I.A IBRAHIM.( I read that book last year.it really awesome and i recommend you guys to get it to)" .......HOWEVER i have mid-terms coming up...the very first one is on thursday (for electrical circuits which i don't really get.......therefore gotta study hard for that). and furthermore i have been sick for the past 3-4 days and after going to the parade i have been more sick .therefore i will be able to polish those interviews and videos after my exams and when i get better....SO PLZ MAKE DUA FOR ME ....FOR BOTH EXAMS AND HEALTH....

HOWEVER if someone is willing to help me in polishing those videos ..let me know....

allah hafiz

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Please brother post it when u can inshaAllah .Its so interesting to see it ..
The book u mentioned was my first book as introduction to Islam ,its really beneficial ,we have it here on TTI also ...
May Allah help u with your exams and hope u feel better soon ...

waaleikum salam

Shahram123

Wow, nice to see a large gathering like this. Were there any problems with protestors? I would think a lot of people would be afraid of such a large gathering of Muslims. That T-shirt in the last photo would be troubling to many non-Muslims, as it represents a change in their faith, and it could be mis-interpreted. Maybe I just don't understand, but I've long thought one of my purposes in life is to act as a bridge between cultures, and my greater understanding helps my ability in this.

warda A

Sister
asalam aleikum
The parade was a beutiful idea and jazakallahu kheiran for shairing the pictures
also waiting to see the views of other non muslims
but i am also wondering the meaning of some of the messages
all in all great idea

AAminAA

Amatullah

Ameen Ya Rabbel Alamin

May Allah s.w.t., reward you all 2 . Ameen

This parade is every year on october 12 :) :ma:

tajuldeen

Sister
Alhamdullilah I was there. It truly was beautiful but my favorite part was the prayer. It was beautiful seeing everybody bowing down to the One as one. :ma:
The cops kept any serious conflicts b/w the protestors and marchers.
I'm so glad I was able to march. FYI I saw my schools picture in the pictures
even though I didn't march with them. This was my 2nd MDP and :inshallah:
this will continue to bring the ummah together
here's a link to more pics:
http://picasaweb. google.com/ mcnnyc/MuslimDay Parade2008
:hijabi:
:muslim_child: