Muslims "Overtake" Catholics, Become Largest Religion

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

Yeah, I heard that earlier this year. SubhanAllah. It is not only that we still have larger families and value such, it is all the converts! Allahu Akbar!! :tti_sister:

AlQurtubi

Banned
"It is true that while Muslim families, as is well known, continue to make a lot of children, Christian ones on the contrary tend to have fewer and fewer," the monsignor said.

As you sow, so shall you reap. ALHUMDULILLAH, muslims are fertile by the blessing of ALLAH. Since christianity has too many versions, they have fallen astray.

Searching_soul

I don't see the point of actually rejoicing in this. We are increasing in Quantity, but not much of an increase in the Quality. Lets look at the 1st three generations. They were few in number, but had Taqwa and imaan (GREAT QUALITY) .

Thauban reported that the messenger of Allah said: "It is near that the nations will call one another against you just as the eaters call one another to their dishes." Somebody asked: "Is this because we will be few in numbers that day?" He said: "Nay, but that day you shall be numerous, but you will be like the foam of the sea, and Allah will take the fear of you away from your enemies and will place weakness into your hearts." Somebody asked: "What is this weakness?" He said: "The love of the world and the dislike of death." (Abu Daud)

Our prophet (peace be upon him) has spoken the Truth. We are just like the Foam of the Sea. And officially after becoming the largest followers of a single faith, we have become the Foam.
May ALLAH (swt) Rectify the affairs of the muslims. Ameen

:wasalam:

sister purified

its true that we have increased in quantity but not in quality..this is something i came across while reaading the newspaper yesterday..
""the question is:why are 14 million Jews so powerful and the 1.4 billion Muslims so powerless??dr. farrukh saleem answers this question in one word---"EDUCATION"some of the hard facts mentioned where..over the past 105 yrs 14 million jews bagged 15 dozen noble prizes while only"3" have been won by 1.4 billion muslims(other than peace prize)
literacy in the christian world stands at 90 percent and 15 christian ajority states have a literacy rate of 100 percent;while there is no muslim majoritry state with wth a literacy rate of 100 percent while the average literacy rate of 40 percent..
every 5th human being is a muslim ..for every hindu there are 2 muslims and for every jew there are 100 muslims..
lest all of us remeber Allah's very first command in the Holy Quraan was to acquire knowledge and to develop scientific temper..Allah has given all human beings not only the capacity to explore and use material knowledge but also to gain spiritual knowledge.the constant prayer of every person has to be "my lord increase me in knowledge"(20:114)
if the muslim community realise that islam is not a pilow to rest upon but a belt to be girdled,so that they are in a better position to struve for excellence in a competetive society ,no power on earth can stop them from reaching for the stars"

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
its true that we have increased in quantity but not in quality..this is something i came across while reaading the newspaper yesterday..
""the question is:why are 14 million Jews so powerful and the 1.4 billion Muslims so powerless??dr. farrukh saleem answers this question in one word---"EDUCATION"some of the hard facts mentioned where..over the past 105 yrs 14 million jews bagged 15 dozen noble prizes while only"3" have been won by 1.4 billion muslims(other than peace prize)
literacy in the christian world stands at 90 percent and 15 christian ajority states have a literacy rate of 100 percent;while there is no muslim majoritry state with wth a literacy rate of 100 percent while the average literacy rate of 40 percent..
every 5th human being is a muslim ..for every hindu there are 2 muslims and for every jew there are 100 muslims..
lest all of us remeber Allah's very first command in the Holy Quraan was to acquire knowledge and to develop scientific temper..Allah has given all human beings not only the capacity to explore and use material knowledge but also to gain spiritual knowledge.the constant prayer of every person has to be "my lord increase me in knowledge"(20:114)
if the muslim community realise that islam is not a pilow to rest upon but a belt to be girdled,so that they are in a better position to struve for excellence in a competetive society ,no power on earth can stop them from reaching for the stars"

Congrats we are officially 1.4 billion sheeps, keep increasing by the day :D
I must agree with you, no quality what so ever. (refering to Muslims as a whole), I'm sure there are many great individual Muslims.

pcozzy

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 265:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "On the day of Resurrection Allah will say, 'O Adam!' Adam will reply, 'Labbaik our Lord, and Sa'daik ' Then there will be a loud call (saying), Allah orders you to take from among your offspring a mission for the (Hell) Fire.' Adam will say, 'O Lord! Who are the mission for the (Hell) Fire?' Allah will say, 'Out of each thousand, take out 999.' At that time every pregnant female shall drop her load (have a miscarriage) and a child will have grey hair. And you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet not drunk, but severe will be the torment of Allah." (22.2) (When the Prophet mentioned this), the people were so distressed (and afraid) that their faces got changed (in color) whereupon the Prophet said, "From Gog and Magog nine-hundred ninety-nine will be taken out and one from you. You Muslims (compared to the large number of other people) will be like a black hair on the side of a white ox, or a white hair on the side of a black ox, and I hope that you will be one-fourth of the people of Paradise." On that, we said, "Allahu-Akbar!" Then he said, "I hope that you will be) one-third of the people of Paradise." We again said, "Allahu-Akbar!" Then he said, "(I hope that you will be) one-half of the people of Paradise." So we said, Allahu Akbar."

I don't know the class that this hadith is meaning whether it is hassan, muakad, etc. May be someone else would know. Subhan Allah, the prophet has advised us on what to expect.

There are may be other translation of this hadith. I didn't check. I obtained this translation from: http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/060.sbt.html#006.060.265

* reason using that website it allowed me to search 4 books of hadith for a phrase. I heard this hadith before in Arabic, many years ago.

Jannah03

Asalaamu alaikum
Yes i do agree with what some have said about the quality, but Allah is replacing those with these newly converts. But we should all keep in mind to Ask, Bed, And Plead with Allah ta ala that he change what is in ourselves so that he will hcange our affairs. So lets remember to pray for every muslim before and after us that Allah forgives them. So lets remember to pray for every muslim who is alive and those after us that they will follow islam based on Quran and authentic Sunnah and not to deviate. Lets not forget the power of du'a.