my brother just passed away

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon

May Allah forgive his all sins, have mercy on him and give him highest rank in jannah. Amin. May Allah give patience to his loved ones.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
in lellahi wa inna elayhi raj'oon

May Allah grant you patience and have mercy on your brother

Kulsumfatima

Proud to be a Muslim
Assalamu alaikum
I feel really very sorry for your brother and insha allah I'll keep him in my prayers
may allah forgive all his sins and make Jannat his destination -Ameen

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum asalaam warahmatullahi wabarakathu,

I am sorry to hear about your loss sister, may Allah grant him Janna and bless him, you and all of your family. And may Allah (swt) help you through these times, ameen.

Wasalaam.

muminah92

asalam walykum warahmtu allah
jazakum allah kahiran for your dua'as
i wanted to know if i could fast for him
making up his days and fasting every wednesday for him...is that permissable
jazakum alllah kahiran

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:wasalam:
asalam walykum warahmtu allah
jazakum allah kahiran for your dua'as
i wanted to know if i could fast for him
making up his days and fasting every wednesday for him...is that permissable
jazakum alllah kahiran
Yes sister you can fast.

‘Abdullaah ibn Buraydah reported that his father (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "While I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a woman came to him and said: ‘I gave my mother a slave-woman in charity, and now my mother has died.’ He said: ‘You have got your reward, and your right of inheritance has brought your gift back to you.’ She said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast – can I fast it on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Fast it on her behalf.’ She said, ‘She never went to Hajj – can I perform Hajj on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Perform Hajj on her behalf.’" (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)

This shows that it is also permissible to fast on behalf of the deceased.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/763/

Making up fasts that were obligatory upon the deceased because of vows, as expiation (kafaarah) and so on
It was reported from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies and had any fasts outstanding, his heir should observe those fasts on his behalf.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1851; Muslim, 1147)
It was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that a woman came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘My mother has died and she one month’s fasting outstanding.’ He said, ‘Do you not think that if she was in debt, you would pay it off for her?’ She said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘The debt owed to Allaah is more deserving of being paid off.’”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1817; Muslim, 1148)
There is some scholarly difference of opinion on this matter. Some scholars say that no fasts should be observed on behalf of the dead apart from fasts related to vows, but the correct view is that all kinds of fasts should be observed on behalf of the dead.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/9014/

ama6621

Assalamu Alaikum

Innal Illahi Wa Inna Ilayihi Raajioon.

May Allah SWT have mercy on your brother and grant him a place in Jannat Al Firdaus. Ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum