My Introduction (and reversion story)

Argus

As'salaam Alaikum all,

I am a caucasian revert brother of approximately three years, Alhamduillah. Knowing that the happiest day of my life is when I accepted Islam.

I came to know Islam when the Oklahoma City Bombing occured and the newscaster (or the "expert" they had in the studio) said "This surely must be the work of Muslim terrorists." So I decided to learn about these people and why they would attack that building, which later confused me even more when I found out the people who attacked the federal building weren't even Muslim. I researched Islam and many other faiths over time, mainly because I have a personal ideal that I should be open minded toward other people and not have misconceptions anymore.

During this time (around high school), I had some spiritual problems and was saddened by my role in life. I attempted to seek answers from my various friends about their beliefs of life, but whatever they suggested to me never satisfied my ideals of what religion should be (I believed in only one God and that there should be no intermediaries between me and God). I was intrested in Judaism for a short time, but always was confused on their ideas of "The chosen people" and why they would make it so difficult for others to convert into their faith if they believed they had the truth in their hands (alternatively, I also couldn't accept Christianity's idea that once you become a Christian, then you are automatically going to heaven no matter what evil deeds you may commit after you become one).

While in High School I noticed various things around me, things that peaked my intrest in Islam. Such as when I was on the cross country team, our trip to and from our school's racing field passed by a Masjid and I had such an urge to go inside! I was inside the bus, hoping we would break down or something would happen that I would be able to walk inside the Islamic center and ask questions about their beliefs! Also my curiousness about the Muslim women in our school and my anger at the fact that my school didn't want them to wear the headscarf.

Over time I diverted from this curiousness and diverged into paganism for a time, Astaghfirullah. I even turned my (now ex) girlfriend at the time, into a pagan, despite my waning intrest in it. One day in NYC, I told my girlfriend I was going out and left the apartment, I just had to get away and needed some time alone so I went to the east village at St Marks Place. I was walking around for a bit and then I remembered the Masjid nearby and I decided to go there.

I was dressed to there in my Victorian Goth styled clothes (velvet w/ lace frocked poet shirt, velvet pants, long boots) and didn't expect a warm reception, but decided to venture in anyway. I took off my boots and went into the prayer area while the Muslims there were preforming Salah. I decided since I knew some things in my learning about Muslim prayer I decided to walk over and do salah with them. After salah had ended, a brother to my right shook my hand and asked if I was intrested in Islam and wanted to speak with the imam, I said "yes" and waited for the imam to be finished speaking.

After the imam came over, he started to talk to me about what Islam was, about the prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the misconceptions and other things. While this was happening I noticed something, my mind was telling me what I already knew, that this is the truth and I was completely flabberghasted at how I felt about it. After the imam finished speaking he asked me a simple question, "So what do you want to do?" and I replied with the most important response anyone can (and should :) ) ever give, "I want to become Muslim."

I recited the Shadaha (Alhamduillah) on that day and then gave a short speech on how I came to discover Islam and why I became a Muslim. I have never known a more perfect way of living until I became a Muslim and started worshipping Allah. I am still imperfect in certain ways, but insha'Allah I shall either be able to correct or pray Allah shall forgive what flaws I still have. But one thing is for certain, I shall remain Muslim for the rest of my life and never go back to the uncertainity of what life was before I discovered Islam.

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Wa'Alaikum'Assalam my fellow Muslim Brother/Sister....Insha'Allah you and your family are doing well!

Masha'Allah Tabarak'Allah...........your story is soooOOOoo b-yoo-ti-ful Alhamdulillah...

...I am still imperfect in certain ways, but insha'Allah I shall either be able to correct or pray Allah shall forgive what flaws I still have...

Nobodys' perfect dear Muslim, and i include myself in this FIRST and FOREMOST! But we can try to be perfect by implementing the humble character of our dear Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam (Insha'Allah!) and may Allah give us all the ability to do so Ameen!

...But one thing is for certain, I shall remain Muslim for the rest of my life and never go back to the uncertainity of what life was before I discovered Islam.

Subhan'Allah, Ameen! May Allah help us all to be firm in our Deen and enable us to taste death whilst in the state of full submission Ameen Ya Rabb! (Subhan'Allah)

May Allah always be with you, protect and shelter you in His Mercy (together with us all) Ameen.

Ahlan wa Sahlan-welcome to the site!

I leave you in the View of Ar-Raheem, Allah ho Akbar!

Ma'Salama
your sister in Islam...

Submitter

:salam2:

Subhanallah brother, what a great story. It seems you've been on quite a journey which all started when you started to question your role in life. So often this is the beginning of many reverts' stories. I must congratulate you on finding the truth. Praise be to Allah for guiding you, for Allah guides who He wills.

Welcome to the website and our family brother :) May Allah continue to guide you. May Allah further increase your knowledge. May Allah further increase your iman.

:wasalam:

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu ALeykom

Masha'Allah your story is very touching and inspiring..May Allah S.W.A increase your knowledge in Islam and reward you with your efforts.

reading reverts' stories make my faith very strong and at the same time makes our Ummah very strong as well..

May Allah S.W.A guide more to Islam..Ameen

ray.of.light

Guidance is from Allah alone

:ma:

Dear brother... it was great to read about your experiences.

Its amazing how some people can just see through the anti-muslim campaign and eventually find the way to their creator. I've come to know about a muslim sister whose journey for truth was also a long one. Her explanation is on the internet. Not a story, she's real.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=107476695340909002

God bless you !

Kayote

Assalam-u-Aliekum

A beautiful & inspiring story. Masha'Allah you are fortunate enough to have realised the beauty of Islam. May Allah continue to guide you & us all till our last.

WaAliekum Assalam

masihuddin

Alhamd ulilah Praise be to Allah who guided you to Islam Always pray to Him to keep you on the right path ,the path of those on whom He bestowed His favours and not of those who go astray

Argus

Thank you all for your wonderful responses, insha'Allah my story and others shall inspire more people to look at themselves and come to the truth of Islam.

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery

masAllah to read urs sotry.InsAllah it will even inspire born muslim bro and sisters

with lot of respect.
urs bro
jav