My Introduction..........

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
lol, Ni'Mah, I'm glad I'm not the only emotional one!! I was over here blubbering and couldnt even see what I was typing!! and i cant stand when I get emotional!!! And thank you for the link.....Like I said, I've spent a little over a year now, reading more and more, and I'm familiar with the 5 Pillars of Islam, and I think there's like 6 Pillars of Faith or something....idk, it's been a while since i read my "Islam for Dummies" Book......But it's a lot, to retain, and retain it correctly.....

lol, i'm a big baby sometimes. I cry so easily especially when it's about real things and real emotions like Islam. This website it's not just about the five pillars, it goes so much deeper. It explains things with so much detail...i can't explain it! you just gotta check it out. I thought I knew so much about Islam, but I was so suprised at how much new things I learned. The course is called foundations of Islam. It's just really interesting. It talks about other religions from Judiesm, christainity, to buddhism and compares them with the teachings of Islam; the Quran, how it was compiled, historical events in Islam, but most importantly, it talks a lot about Tawheed(the oneness of God). And I promise i'm not an advertising agent lol...I just love the readings so much.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
aiysa, this is where im slightly confused. The whole "inner peace". My problem, 2 of them actually, 1: i take religion (and God, but that goes without saying) seriouslly and i guess that isnt really a "problem", but 2: I am absolutely terrified, petrified of going to hell. And when I read the Q'uran, and i watch videos and read articles, I dont feel like anything is missing anymore, I feel like things are gonna be ok, I don't feel that emptiness....But at the same time, because I take religion so seriouslly, and my fear of hell, I'm so scared that even doing what I feel in my heart is right, something will happen and basically God will be like haha, u were wrong.....And coming from a religion that makes you try to be perfect (perfection based on each individuals interpretations of a book thats been interpreted idk how many times) I guess I'm scared I'll mess it up....

What you are doing right now - reading and trying to gain knowledge on the truth as much as you can - is the RIGHT thing to do. Do keep learning and searching.

Inner peace is not something that you can find in worldly matters but it is something that comes from faith. It comes from the firm beliefs deep down in your heart. The contenment that you feel with the blessings and goodness that God has shower upon you (even during times of calamities).

In order to gain that precious inner peace, there's no other method except for ma'rifatullah (knowing who God is) and knowing the purpose of life in this world. Many times when people started asking themselves questions such as: "What is my main purpose living in this world?", "Where am I going to once after I die?", "Am I just going to feel life in this world?" etc etc...That what leads them to seek the TRUTH. And truth is something that lies in one's faith.

Having the feeling that there is a God, The Most Superior and The All-Knower is a sign of faith in your heart. Just that you only needs to shine it more with knowledge that you seek with an open heart and mind. Many people have found truth in Islam as "Truth (al-haqq) will always diminishes falsehood (al-bathil)".

"So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allah upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allah . That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know." Ar-Ruum,30:30

True faith is not just about being scared of the Hell or God's wrath but it is of feeling the bliss and peace by doing what God pleases us to do. We live in fear of God's punishment (that way we will ensure that we'll always be doing good deeds and refrain from doing the evil and forbidden) but at the same time we are living with hope for His Mercy, His Love and His Forgiveness upon us.

"Only in the remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace." Ar-Rad,13:28

You will not mess it up so long that you hold on strongly to what you believes. Besides, you said that you do take religion seriously. God has given to us(His creation) the path on which road is the best for us to take. A Creator surely knows His creations better. Once when you have found that inner peace, trust me, nothing more really matters except for God's love to you. Its like the missing and empty part inside of you have been filled blissfully. MashaAllaah.

May God, The Most Gracious and Most Merciful open your heart to the true faith along your journey seeking for the truth and eventually gift you with the blessings of inner peace. :)

Latifabonu

Alhamdulillah
:salam2: welcome May Allah help u to learn islam i hope u will find many informations about islam here !!!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Dear aSmileAday,

Welcome to TTI! Thank you for sharing your story with us, we are happy and ready to help you with whatever you need. The core to understanding Islaam lies with understanding the basics. When we can grasp them, whatever follows often becomes a piece of cake. Learn more about our Creator from an Islamic perspective; His right to be worshipped alone (which we call tawhid) and understanding His beautiful names and attributes.

There are plenty of great articles posted in our forums, but you may also benefit from this link. It contains some basic info on our belief in Allaah, but I do recommend navigating the whole site as there is a wealth of information which we can all utilise to improve our understanding and relationship with the creator. I hope it helps.

I don't want to burden you with all this reading as others are too sending articles/links, so I'll leave it at that.

Take care,

Al-Kashmiri

arzafar

:salam2: (peace be unto you)
that is the greetings of the prophets so you should use it.
:SMILY206:
Inshallah (god willing) you will join the worldwide muslim family soon.

Talat

:salam2:
welcome to tti.
An-Nahl [16:9 "And unto Allah leads straight the Way, but there are ways that turn aside: if Allah had willed, He could have guided all of you".

May Allah Guid and protect you.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Bismillahi Rahmanir Raheem (In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

As salamu alaykum Sister

At the very outset, I ask Allah Subhanahu wa Taala to guide you in the path of Righteousness and May He help you in each and every step of your life. Whoever Allah Subhanahu wa Taala guides, none can misguide; whoever He leaves astray, none can guide. Always start by taking the name of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala: Bismillahi Rahmanir Raheem. So please don't be confused about that from now on.

Masha Allah, the brothers and sisters are out here to help you. I suggest that you start reading the stories in the Quran and the lives of our Prophets and Messengers, one after another. The stories are meant to give us lessons as to our purpose in this world, the trials which we might face being a Muslim and how we can achieve success in this world and in the hereafter. If you have read enough, you should know by now, that all the Prophets and Messengers came to spread the message, that the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, is One.

Please remember that the road to Jannah is not an easy one. As we study hard, put in a lot of extra hard work and efforts to get an A+ in an exam; likewise if we want to achieve success in this world and in the hereafter, we need to put in hard work. I am not trying to scare or discourage you by saying that. What I am trying to tell is, be patient and work hard. The world is nothing but a place to test our heart, mind and soul; a kind of lab.

Another important thing is to keep in touch with pious muslim sisters, most of the time if not all the time. Companions are like assets for us. The better the companion, the better we tend to be. Sometimes we try to strive hard, in order to be better than our companion. Increase the level of challenge everyday. Remember that as muslims, we should try to be better than the best.

Above all, please forgive and forget. If somebody does bad to you, do good in return. Allah Subhanahu wa Taala will judge the scales on the Day of Judgement.

Walaykum as salam !!!

hana*

A belated welcome asmileaday :) hope you are well.

i just read some of your earlier posts about what things you can read other that the Quran. here are some reccomendations:

* a brief illustrated guide to understanding Islam (its a 'sticky' on this website) and an excellent read
* the bible led me to Islam by Matt le Blanc
* the true message of Jesus Christ by AAB Phillips

there are also amazing videos and articles by the following:

suhaib webb (american convert)
imam siraj wahaj (american convert)
hamza yusuf hanson (" ")
amr khaled
gary miller
yusuf estes and more

with regards to what you said about being petrified of hell, thats a good thing, the thought of hell gives us a reality check. however, we need to have a balance between being hopeful of God and the fear of God and his wrath.

God wrote on his throne 'My Mercy prevails over My Wrath'.

all we can do is try our upmost best and be optimistic of Allah's acceptance but also never undermining His warnings at the same time.

sistersalina

WELCOME WELCOME AND WELCOME girl (hehe er-sister) just like you said..i thought it was really cute when i read that part..!!!!!!!!!

aSmileAday

lol, thank you Salina, I'm glad I could put a smile on your face!! Hope all is well with you, & Thanks for the welcome!!!

aSmileAday

I just wanted to share something real quick:
On Facebook, I subscribe to an application called: "On this day, God wants you to know...." and sometimes I click on it, sometimes I dont...Today I happened to click on it, and, once again, lol, it made me cry, and just really hit home for me. It said:

"On this day, God wants you to know.....
. that you are exactly where you are meant to be. Trust in God that everything is exactly the way it is supposed to be. Just as a child has to pass through a tiny channel on its way from the womb into life, so are you on your way to God."

Thank you again everyone for all your encouragement, and these few short days I have been on here, has trully been a blessing....
Hope everyone is well and doing good, Have a blessed and safe weekend!!

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Welcome to TTI sister. :SMILY206:
I am sooooo happy that Allah (SWT) has guided you towards Islam. Sister, just imagine the differnce in the outcome, just imagine standing in front of the Creator of the heavens and the earth, the AllMighty God and receiving His good pleasure vs receiving His anger. The difference is immense and it is forever.

I hope you come to the conclusion soon that Islam is the only way for salvation then act upon it.

Do you know any Muslim sister or any Muslim family in your city of Akron?
:wasalam: