my mom once said...

konrad16660

Ocassionally, when I got in trouble as a kid, or I came home with a bad grade on somthing, I would try to make the excuse that well even though I got a D on a test, most all the other childern got F's or D's as well. She would always tell me, she didn't care what the other children were doing. That she cared what I was doing, and nothing else mattered.

I think why I tell this very bried but simple example of my childhood is this. Almost every day that I go to this site I see some post that is comparing islam to other societies and what has made islam weaker. Who's fault it is that there are poor in muslim society, or "why are jews so powerfrul" It reminds me of when I was a kid. If the muslim society would just take the time to become less concerned with everybody else, then it could come together and better all aspects of itself. It could be stronger and more peaceful than ever imagined.

najbc

Assalamu alaykum,

I hundred percent agree with, it is time we as Muslim stop make excuse or blame society or people about everything. it is about time.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Hello...

I must say, great minds think alike. My mother... always... always says the EXACT same thing.

And I agree with you. Thanks...

take care

danial

but all mothers think that way! hmmm....thats why the prophet emphasized the importance of moms!

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

I agree. We can't fix the issues right in front of us if we spend all our time looking around us.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Ocassionally, when I got in trouble as a kid, or I came home with a bad grade on somthing, I would try to make the excuse that well even though I got a D on a test, most all the other childern got F's or D's as well. She would always tell me, she didn't care what the other children were doing. That she cared what I was doing, and nothing else mattered.

I agree with this because it is wise ;) Wisdom of mothers is universal :)

The prophet pbuh even emphasized what u said. I always liked that wisdom of individual motive and virtue:

He said what means "Let non of you be loose in behavior; that is when people did the right thing he would do the same, but if they didn't he wouldn't."

If the muslim society would just take the time to become less concerned with everybody else, then it could come together and better all aspects of itself.

But it is still good to learn from each other as communities of different experiences, as long as we don't blame others for our mistakes ;)

Raed

Muslim Student
The real start is to start within ourselves, and then with our family and children to rise up a great generation who can control this socity...
No need to excuse so start with yourself (twakal ala allah)

konrad16660

Humans have the tendency to shift blame onto others. Individuals do it, families do it, and societies do it. It's easier that way! If they didn't they'd have to criticize themselves and that's painful. People want to avoid pain. But self-criticism is the best way to turn your life around and move forward. Blaming others is like taking a drug; it numbs the pain of failure but keeps you sedated and confined.

I like your metaphor with the drugs and blaming things on others. Right on brother!

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2:

That was a nice or basically a SMART way to put it!!

I totally agree with u, we Muslims are more concerned with others than ourselves.

We need to wake up out of our everlasting coma, look around and stop neglecting ourselves, stop paying attention to others. Stop telling everyone to take their medicine when we dont take it ourself.