My Parents banned everything Islam

more2life

I had a talk with my family this morning...and my father and mother were yelling at me and saying to me, for now on we are taking everything away from you that has to do with Islam..because we are Christian in this house and you are the only one who is not, and under this house you have to follow these rules...so they took away my prayer rug, but they also said to me either you get rid of all your Islam or you move with another relative..

what should i do?

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
I had a talk with my family this morning...and my father and mother were yelling at me and saying to me, for now on we are taking everything away from you that has to do with Islam..because we are Christian in this house and you are the only one who is not, and under this house you have to follow these rules...so they took away my prayer rug, but they also said to me either you get rid of all your Islam or you move with another relative..

what should i do?
As Salaamu Alaikum, How old r u? do u have any family that u trust not 2 try the same thing? have u tried 2 talk w/ur parents about how they r oppressing u 4 ur beliefs bcuz they r different than theirs? coming from a Christian background most don't think of it as oppression, rather as saving u from thing. try telling them that their beliefs r grounded n Judaic law but don't practice as Jews do. the majority of Christians don't follow Jesus' message, they follow a paulinian doctrine. Jesus was of Banu Israel and died that way. so 2 b realistic they should b of the Jewish rank, not what they claim 2 follow now. try 2 talk w/ them if it doesn't work move. May ALLAH make it easy for u

more2life

As Salaamu Alaikum, How old r u? do u have any family that u trust not 2 try the same thing? have u tried 2 talk w/ur parents about how they r oppressing u 4 ur beliefs bcuz they r different than theirs? coming from a Christian background most don't think of it as oppression, rather as saving u from thing. try telling them that their beliefs r grounded n Judaic law but don't practice as Jews do. the majority of Christians don't follow Jesus' message, they follow a paulinian doctrine. Jesus was of Banu Israel and died that way. so 2 b realistic they should b of the Jewish rank, not what they claim 2 follow now. try 2 talk w/ them if it doesn't work move. May ALLAH make it easy for u

I am 15, and reverted Feb. 4. Yes I have family members that arent really religious, and that are more accepting. Yes I have talked to them, actually many many times i have, and they dont care, they even say to my face they think i am going to hell. Yes, they think that they are saving me...but i know Islam is the right way, and there is nothing they can do to me to Stop me from being a Muslim.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
oh my Allah

:bismillah:
in the name of Allah the most merciful the most compsaionate.
i`m shocked i wish i could help you sister, but i gota tell you something be very pateint hopefully Allah will help you someday and it is test you gotta pass the test i have a friend that is having the same problem as you do and know that they are alot of muslims like that are having similar problems, the comapnions of the prophet peace be upon him had to suffer the same, muslims always deal with hatered in their lifetime and you can only pass it for you patience, i will make dua for you and all the ones that are in need may Allah make your parents more undersandable ameen:tti_sister::tti_sister:

mahmodtefa

i really feel sorry for u , this is real hard situation wich is ur whole life depend on
well the most important thing is that u never let go islam no matter what , the first thing that the person being asked after death is the religion u may lose the whole world just to win the paradise

and i suggest if u have any relatives i mean someone from the family or a friend that u can move to and accept u as amuslim

it's just my opinion . maybe someone with more experiance could help u more

and may allah bless u my brother

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom little sister. Alhamdulillah you found Islam at such a young age. I am so sorry your family has such an aversion to it. Insha Allah, in time, everything will get better, I can't believe they even want to stop you praying. It is a pity they do not want to learn some truth about Islam as it seems they know nothing about it or why would they act in such a manner?

I will remember you in my du'aa, sister. May better days be ahead for you just around the corner, Insha Allah.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

May Allaah assist you in your affair, and keep you firm and strong on the deen. What is happening is a trial/test from Allaah, so patience is best. With regards to the prayer mat, then it isn't exactly "Islamic" anyway. It's merely a mat used by Muslims to pray upon. The prophet sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam would pray on bare sand, mud (even when wet), palm leaves, and other stuff. So inshaa' Allaah, if you feel your floor is unclean to pray on (in your room), then just lay a shirt or something.

As for moving out, then eventually that may be the only option, but we hope that they soon take shahaadah, or at least accept you. It is of course best (in you have to move) to stay with a relative who is far more tolerant and maybe open to Islaam, because in the near future you're outward Islaam may affect them positively (which alhamdulillaah, happens much), whereby they will "approve" of you more. This in turn can help your scenario with your parents, but that's of course in the long run.

Hope it helps,

was-salaam

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum Brother,

Masha Allah brother proud to have brother's like u, who r ready to face anything for the sake of Allah. I really feel sad about the problem ur facing brother. And u r facing because of ur love towards Allah, so brother insha Allah, Allah will reward u beyond ur expectation here and hereafter insha Allah as Allah is Almighty.

Brother if u can follow Islam freely being with ur parents then its fine. But if they put the condition that take u way from Islam then for the sake of Allah separating (only by not leaving them in same house but giving high respect as Islam teach us) ur parents is the best to my lil knowledge, as this life is very short and the love, effection, pleasure of this world is all timly where as hereafter is every thing is eternal. So we should give preferance to the eternal life. Thats what i think to my lil knowledge, many other knowledageble brothers and sisters are here and insha Allah they can tell u much better them me. Rest Allah knows the best. Brother pls rem me in ur duwas.

Jazak Allah.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
I am 15, and reverted Feb. 4. Yes I have family members that arent really religious, and that are more accepting. Yes I have talked to them, actually many many times i have, and they dont care, they even say to my face they think i am going to hell. Yes, they think that they are saving me...but i know Islam is the right way, and there is nothing they can do to me to Stop me from being a Muslim.
As Salaamu Alaikum, u r not alone n ur plightmany of the sahabbah went thru the same plight, u must choose whether or not it is something u r going 2 fight 4 or succumb 2 what they want u 2 b. if u have other family that is happy that u have a belief system in ur life @ such a young age i would move there, ONLY... if a last ditch effort 2 get ur parents 2 understand that if their ways don't get u 2 have faith n GOD and 2 do what he commands of isn't working and Islam does, maybe u should seek housing @ a relatives. If u don't mind... what race r u?

more2life

As Salaamu Alaikum, u r not alone n ur plightmany of the sahabbah went thru the same plight, u must choose whether or not it is something u r going 2 fight 4 or succumb 2 what they want u 2 b. if u have other family that is happy that u have a belief system in ur life @ such a young age i would move there, ONLY... if a last ditch effort 2 get ur parents 2 understand that if their ways don't get u 2 have faith n GOD and 2 do what he commands of isn't working and Islam does, maybe u should seek housing @ a relatives. If u don't mind... what race r u?

Yes, i will try my best to say to them once again.
I am Jordanian, but my family is all Christian, and i dont have any relatives that are muslim.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
I am Jordanian, but my family is all Christian, and i dont have any relatives that are muslim.
okay makes a difference, some of what ur parents may do may b a cultural thing... where by u not obeying them is looked down upon. if ur other famoly doesn't mind go there. where do u rank as far as the children? only child, oldest, middle?

more2life

okay makes a difference, some of what ur parents may do may b a cultural thing... where by u not obeying them is looked down upon. if ur other famoly doesn't mind go there. where do u rank as far as the children? only child, oldest, middle?

Yes, I am the oldest child, i have a younger brother who is 12 but he doesnt know of anything that is going on because my parents dont talk about this to him.

ja_tu_miluju

I don't have any muslim relatives either. I know how hard it is to be the only muslim in an all christian family in the U.S. Sister I don't know that i would recommend moving at such a young age, I think that should be ur last resort. Sister if you don't mind me asking, I don'tknow if you already posted, but what is the city you live in? I can try to help you find the nearest masjid.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
Yes, I am the oldest child, i have a younger brother who is 12 but he doesnt know of anything that is going on because my parents dont talk about this to him.
like sister ja_tu said moving should b ur LAST option, u being the only daughter means alot, once again, try, try, try 2 get them 2 understand. being a parent of a teen BELIEVE i don't understand but i can c when something is important 2 him. so don't give up

more2life

I don't have any muslim relatives either. I know how hard it is to be the only muslim in an all christian family in the U.S. Sister I don't know that i would recommend moving at such a young age, I think that should be ur last resort. Sister if you don't mind me asking, I don'tknow if you already posted, but what is the city you live in? I can try to help you find the nearest masjid.

Oley Pennsyvlania