my past faces me everyday

LoveofAllah

when i wasnt a practicing muslim, i did alot of sins and angered Allah.
When i pray i feel ashamed infront of Allah, how could i sin knowing allah was there?
I changed myself. I tried so hard...everyday is a struggle for me to not go back to my old ways and keep striving for the sake of allah.
today my mom told me what my grandma said. My grandma is telling my whole family that i "like" my cousin. and that i gave out signs that i like him. eventhough he is younger than me and lives far away. she told everyone that i am bringing dishonor and if i want to marry himi should just tell them.
it is my fault because in my jahalia i wasnt a good muslim. and i spoke to men not in the proper way. but i never liked my cousin. he was always as a little brother to me. but i see my mistake and i see how i ust behave with the opposite gender.
my mom said my grandma has a reason to say that because she knows of all that i ddi in my jahalia and she blames me and tells me that i am too "free with men"
i know ive changed but my past mistakes face me everyday. my mom said that ecause of th emistakes i made not even a dog would marry me now.
i know she doesnt mean it but it hurt alot. so i read quran beause i dont have anyone else to turn to. In surah yunus allah swt says
" and let no their speech greive you, for all power and honour belong to Allah. He is the all-hearer, the All-knower" Verse 65
I know deep down i have changed, but i still face my past everyday. no one is as merciful as Allah. How ca they say those things about me. My own family. No one is as merciful as Allah. Humans can never encompass the mercy Allah has. I know i made mistakes but i worship Allah and i try so hard to fullfill my obligation to Him. The only comfort i have in my life is the quran. My lords words.

Is Allah angry with me? Is that why He allows people to do this to me?
It feels like a dagger through my heart

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
when i wasnt a practicing muslim, i did alot of sins and angered Allah.
When i pray i feel ashamed infront of Allah, how could i sin knowing allah was there?
I changed myself. I tried so hard...everyday is a struggle for me to not go back to my old ways and keep striving for the sake of allah.
today my mom told me what my grandma said. My grandma is telling my whole family that i "like" my cousin. and that i gave out signs that i like him. eventhough he is younger than me and lives far away. she told everyone that i am bringing dishonor and if i want to marry himi should just tell them.
it is my fault because in my jahalia i wasnt a good muslim. and i spoke to men not in the proper way. but i never liked my cousin. he was always as a little brother to me. but i see my mistake and i see how i ust behave with the opposite gender.
my mom said my grandma has a reason to say that because she knows of all that i ddi in my jahalia and she blames me and tells me that i am too "free with men"
i know ive changed but my past mistakes face me everyday. my mom said that ecause of th emistakes i made not even a dog would marry me now.
i know she doesnt mean it but it hurt alot. so i read quran beause i dont have anyone else to turn to. In surah yunus allah swt says
" and let no their speech greive you, for all power and honour belong to Allah. He is the all-hearer, the All-knower" Verse 65
I know deep down i have changed, but i still face my past everyday. no one is as merciful as Allah. How ca they say those things about me. My own family. No one is as merciful as Allah. Humans can never encompass the mercy Allah has. I know i made mistakes but i worship Allah and i try so hard to fullfill my obligation to Him. The only comfort i have in my life is the quran. My lords words.

Is Allah angry with me? Is that why He allows people to do this to me?
It feels like a dagger through my heart

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi ukhti

Past is past, and as long as youve repented and you do not commit the same sins you have no reason to be sad. Allah swt knows whats in your heart and He knows your intentions, whatever your family says, even if it hurts, is not what you should take in account.
May I Allah give you a pious husband and make your family understand that past is past and that they have to get over it.

I hope this will help you inshaAllah

Repentance wipes out previous sins

Someone may say : I would like to repent, but what's the certainty that I'll be forgiven? I would like to change my ways but my mind is invaded by uncertainties. Were I to be sure of being forgiven surely I would repent. The Answer is, this thought is nothing new. It used to worry even the Companions of the Prophet , on whom be peace. Here are two instances.

The first is related by Imam Muslim, may Allah have mercy on him, the story of 'Amr b. al-'As . narrated by himself. Says he: "When Islam had taken root in my heart I went to the Prophet , on whom be peace, and said: 'Spread out your hand so that I may take pledge.' He thrust forward his right hand and I held it in mine (without taking the oath). He asked, 'What's the matter with you 'Amr?' I said, 'Well. I would like to make it conditional.' 'And what's the condition?' he asked. I said, 'That I be forgiven.' He said, 'Don't you know 'Amr that Islam wipes out previous sins... that hijrah wipes out previous sins... and that Hajj wipes out previous sins?' "

The second has also been preserved by Imam Muslim. He reports Ibn 'Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, as saying that some people of the pagans had committed many murders and had indulged in excessive adultery in the days of ignorance (that is prior to the appearance of the Prophet ). They came to the Prophet and said: 'What you offer, and call us to is quite appealing. But if you could only let us know if there is the possibility of atonement for our previous sins'. Allah, glorified be He, then revealed the verse "(The true servants of Allah are those) who do not call upon another god with Allah, who do not slay the soul Allah has forbidden, save by right, and do not adulterate. And whosoever does that, he shall(surely) meet the price of sin." (Al-Furqan:68). Allah also revealed: "Tell them, O My slaves who have wronged their souls: 'Do not despair of Allah's mercy.' " (Al-Zumar:53).

Will Allah forgive me?

Sometimes a man asks: I would like to repent, but I have such a huge collection, and such a wide variety of evil deeds in my account that I do not know if Allah will forgive me.

Let me tell you in reply, my brother, that this is not your specific problem but that of many a young man who wants to repent his sins. Let me give you the example of a young man. He started his career of sin at a very early age. By the time he had reached seventeen years of his there was not a sin - major or minor - that he had not committed teeming up with people of all sorts - young and old. He had even committed indecencies with a little girl adding to the list of thefts committed on various occasions. Then he repented, began to do his tahajjud, fast every Monday and Thursday, and read the Qur'an after every morning Prayer. But, he used to ask, is this repentance acceptable (to Allah)?

Our Answer to him and to every sinner is that we should always turn to the Qur'an and sunnah to find out what they have to say about the problem at hand, and what is the cure and solution they offer. When we refer to the qur'an in this regard we find that Allah, glorified be He, tells us: "Tell them (O Muhammad ): 'O My slaves who have wronged their souls, do not despair of Allah's mercy, for Allah will forgive all the sins. He is indeed very Forgiving, very Compassionate, Turn to Him then, and obey Him (in all your affairs).'" (Al-Zumar:53,54). This then is the Answer which does not need further elucidation.
As for the thought that the sins are so numerous that Allah may not forgive them, it arises, first of all, from a lack of faith and knowledge of the magnitude of Allah's mercy. Secondly, it is because of the lack of appreciation of Allah's capability to forgive any number of sins. Thirdly, it indicates failure on the part of the penitent to come up with another important deed of the heart viz., "hope". And fourthly, it is lack of appreciation of the way in which repentance can wipe out sins. we shall therefore, discuss each of these points a little more in detail.

As for the first, it should be enough to quote Allah Himself who says: "My mercy has encompassed every thing." (Al-A'raf:56)

As for the second, a hadith qudsi should be enough to quote. Said the Prophet on whom be peace: "Says Allah, 'He who knows (and believes) that I forgive all sins, then I do forgive all his sins, and do not care - so long as he does not suggest partners unto Me." And the rule will be applied (continues the Prophet ) in the Hereafter."

As for the third, another hadith should offer the cure. The Prophet quotes Allah as having said: "Son of Adam! If your sins were to reach the limits of the sky, and then you seek My forgiveness, I shall forgive you, and I do not care. Son of Adam! If you will bring sins equal in volume to the earth and then you meet Me (on the day of Judgment) in the state that you would not have suggested partners unto Me, I shall give you in return forgiveness equal to the volume of the earth."

And, as for the fourth, another hadith of the Prophet should be enough for the purpose. Said he: "He who repented is like him who has no sin on him."

In addition, for the sake of every one who thinks that the forgiveness of his sins is a doubtful affair, we narrate the hadith that follows in the next section.

:wasalam:

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
:salam2:
Here's something else for you : )
Past sins haunt me

You may say: I committed many sins, but even after I have repented, I am haunted by their memories. They spoil my simple pleasures and the quiet of my nights. What's the solution?

Our Answer to you, dear brother in Islam is as proofs of the sincerity of your repentance. This indeed is the regret that is desirable: the regret which has been equated with repentance. But your hope should be that Allah will forgive all the sins. And do not despair for Allah says: "And despair not but tho se that are misguided." (al-Hijr: 56) Ibn Mas'ud is reportedto have said: "The greatest of sins are:

1.To ascribe partners unto Allah,
2.To be unmindful of Allah's strategy, and,
3.To despair of Allah's mercy."

A believer is always between fear and hope. May be one of them will weigh more on him in a particular situation. For instance, when he sins fear overwhelms him and which drives him to repent. But when he has repented then hope overtakes him and he seeks forgiveness.

http://www.themodernreligion.com/basic/repent2.html#haunt
:wasalam:

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Asalamu alaikum sister...

May Allah swt ease your pain...

They might be saying that about your past but you can show them you have changed. Your praying and reading quran and being a good example. It will be hard but continue showing them that you have turned to Allah.

Everyone makes mistakes and Allah changes us...

Salam sister

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicum dear sister

May you be in the best state of faith and health. Ameen

I undestand that you are going trough some hard times and may Allah help you and may He give you patient. Ameen

Through our lifes we will be tested on different ways but we may never lose hope and we should put our trust in Allah, becouse He is the only one who knows why some things happen.

May Allah guide your familly and for you Allah is enough, Allhamdullilah

May Allah bless you and keep you always dear sister. Ameen

Salam

a_stranger

25:70 Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,
Quran

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum:D
may Allah ease your pain and may Allah help you in this dunya and in the Akhira.ameen,ameen,ameen

Allah hafiz now and always:)

Yousef83

Allah (c.c) is most merciful,when we read such sentences about Allah,usually we dont imagine what infinite mercy mean,there is no any unit of measurement to compare with this adjective of Allah c.c.
If you sincerely quit your past bad sins,Allah (c.c) points out us many ways to get acquittal also Dear Prophet Muhammad (sav) said in many Hadits.
You are not the single one feel ashamed from past sins,we all humans able to do mistakes and im sure many of the Muslims already feel that.
If you think that personal punishment for you from Allah c.c then think again that Allah still let us to live with that mistakes and give us chance to compensate our sins.Its prove how much Allah c.c merciful.Real big sin is to lose hope.

shichemlydia

do not worry....

salam alikoum,
i guess i happy with you not angry, because allah swt get happy with the repentence of his slaves, the prophet lmmohamed pbuoh said in one of his famous speeches "when a battle get over, theprophet and the sahaba saw a woman looking for her baby, when she found him, she embarced him and kissed him and was very happy with him. then the prophet said can you see this woman throwing her baby in the hell, they said NO, then he said , then allah swt is more caring about his slaves than this woman".
i heard a lot of stories about ladies having done the biggest sins in their past, when they repent, pious brothers married him"
when you make sure that allah swt forgives you, none can dishonor you,
may allah swt keep you on the right path.ameen
wa salam alikoum

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
assalamualaikum,

it is better to be good after bad than to be bad after good or bad forever, dear sis everyone i believe have sin what make different is a will to change it forever or die trying