My Questions Regarding ISLAM...

a_stranger

You are most welcome, The most important thing in Islam that you witness from all your heart that No God but Allah and Mohammad is a messanger of Allah , and start to pray with sincerity 5 times adays ....try to learn step by step don`t rush into every detail but let your faith grow and things will come natuarly ......sincere faith will wash your soul gradually.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
how can music be haram, but films that contain no bad things be ok? All films have some background music to them. Also, what about humming to oneself? What about singing just to oneself? What are the rulings for that? There was another thread that said drawing animate things is forbidden. So would that even constitute drawing this happy face as sinful: ":)"

I am so confused, someone please clarify.

:salam2:
let me just tell me from wat i know ... if something guides you away from the path of Allah (swt) and makes you sinful stuff then its haram, so if music tells us rape women, disrepect them, or come close to zina (fornication) then its haram, with the instruments if they are making people astray from the path of Allah its haram and wat i alot of music does to people is lose their modesty and shyness so thats why is it considered haram.

About movies similar things if movies bring u close to zina or fornication then they should not be watch, Just be responsible for wat you do
thats wat my understand is as i have heard from someone I could be wrong so please someone verify
thank u

shichemlydia

answers

salam alikoum brother,
hope you are doing well,
for the question,
1- music is haram.
2- films which do not contain bad things are ok. video games and sport games are ok also as long as they do not make you unable to practice the religion especially the prayer on time.
3- things that contain alcohol are haram, because the prophet mohamed pbuoh said in the sense of his speech .if you drink too much from something and you become a drunkee, then small amounts of that are forbiden too.( the translation is poor i know).
belive me brother these things are nothing, but when someone becomes addicted to them, he feels he cannot leave them. and this is from the evil, to stop you coming to your lord. you will find funnier things than that. and the prophet mohamed pbuoh said whoever leaves something for the sake of allah swt, then allah swt will replece him better that what he left.
looking forward to seeing your posts.
wa salam alikoum

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
Hello

hi ermm i'm sorry i have to put it this way but as far as i knw string instruments are not allowed to be played in Islam...i knw it's very hard to giv up someting that u feel very passionate about beleive me im going thru the sme thing but i've overcome it all praises be to Allah for helping me...in the end you'll realise that something of these things we take as a passionate hobby turn out to be a big weakness for man. i advise you to find out more about the concept of paradise and hell...not to sacre you or neting but it should explain what Allah appreciates his slaves making sacrifices for him. there are countless videos on youtube check them out, i would advise you to search for Khalid Yasin he is very good at explaing these tings. All the best. May Allah guide u.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

dear sister, do not ponder so much on the music issue first.

first, you need to take your shahadah ( testimony of faith ). then establish iman ( faith ) in your heart. then everything else will fall into place. insha'allah.

for example, when i really began trying to get serious with my islam; i used to be clean shaven. then as i growing more into it, i began to grow a goatee. but as my faith progressed more and more, i grew this big beard.

i know that there are sisters that never wore hijab, their faith increased and began wearing the hijab. then later on they read an ayah of the QUR'AN or a hadith and were touched by something and MASHA'ALLAH they began to wear the niqab. this was done because they were progressing in their deen.

you may not like or understand the reasoning with concerns to music now, but i can almost guarantee that when you begin to increase in your iman and deen, you will see why the ruling regarding most if not all music is the way that it is.

insha'allah you will be a muslim and a good one at that.
:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Peace and hello

I am glad to see that the quran makes sense to you and has answered many questions but i have one question to ask to us all do you know when you will die? if you know something to be true would you not practice and believe in it? because all of us hhave our time written for us when we will die and we could die without seeing or practising the truth i.e. islam. And also if you believe islam to be true will you not follow it up with actions, because sadly words alone do not determine you as a muslim we all have to back up our statements with actions and good intentions for the sake of Allah :hearts:

i will also leave you with a thought if you give something up for the sake of Allah because you know it displeases him will not Allah be pleased with you. Of course he will. So music, games entertainment in this life is of no comparison to the next so if that means cutting off pleasures and comforts of this life to in return gain a much greater reward and pleasure would you not like that better i know i would:hijabi:

Peace

Rashadi

Salaam Aleykom,

This was a difficult part for me to give up as well but over time I got better. There is a former pastor who accepted Islam and he was a music minister and made millions of dollars selling pianos but he realized that giving it up is worth it. He is a famous lecturer and his name is Yusuf Estes. Check him out sometimes. Furthermore, keep in mind that Islam came in stages and not overnight so you'll adapt gradually, and inshaAllah everything be ok. As for video games, tv etc, they are not all haram but it depends on what it is. Tv itself is not haram but what may be on there is haram and most of the stuff shown on it is haram. Back to the music thing, the best music is the Quran and the human voice is not haram but the instruments.

BigAk

I don't see any harm in playing a few tunes on your piano if you felt like it.. I for instance, pick up my guitar every once in a while and play a few tunes. I don't feel that doing so decreases my iman in any way.. I spend a whole lot of time studying Islam and my heart is connected with Allah 24/7 Alhamdu lil Lah.... When I pick up my guitar and fiddle a few tunes, it does nothing to decrease my level of Iman thank God.

Someone from TX is looking into Islam and finding it the true religion. Is it really beneficial to us to put hurdles in their way to accept Islam??

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
I am looking into Islam, and am reading the Qu'ran, and it is making alot of sense. My only concerns/questions at this point, are as follows:

1. Is it true that you cannot listen to and/or play music? I have been playing Piano for years now, and I am rather good. I would indeed struggle having to give it up, as it is something I am very passionate about. I enjoy listening to music as well, as long as it is appropriate.

2. Are things like video games and movies outlawed completely? Under all circumstances? Even things such as sports games and family movies?

3. What are the Islamic rulings on things such as soda and caffienated drinks? I know that alcohol is strictly forbidden, which is good.

These are the only things I am pondering at the moment. So far, Islam has been able to answer many of the questions I have about life.

salam Alikum wahmrtu Allah wabrkatu May Allah guid you to the right path and light up your heart with islam

i do not know how to start but let me tell u my Experience in MUSIC

i am born as a muslim alhamdullah and when i was 7 years old i start playing piano

no one teach me its by ears i can play any music from the 1st time i heard it what ever arabic english spanish and i was so so talented and accurate in playing piano using my two hands without anyone teach me

so i composed many music and i was treating the piano as if it is my dearest friend who
it is the one who i can share with it everything

when i feel sadness i play a sad music and when i feel happy i play a happy music

and composing music and many stuff like that

but was i satisfied? i mean is that my extream happinies to play piano and compose
music and many stuff like that?
no i felt that i am all the time in emotional which is like a dream not in real
and when i go to play music when i am in a sad mood it not healing me no its increase my sadness and emotions

well that is concerninng me No one told me that playing piano haram
untili grow up and i read the rulling of music

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/5000/

i wondered that no one told me about it and even give advice

so when i known that i gave it up in the same moment

the Satan came to me in the begninng and tell me you cannot live without playing piano and without moving your fingers and you are talented and may be this is not haram

but Alhamdullah i take a decision with happiness feeling subhan Allah and very comfortable heart i said to my self i wont touch it again

i swear by god i was really really feeling lost when i was playing piano and listeninng music

depressed or overload emotions and passion

people are not the same level of my talent subhan Allah when i went to the music university famouse college

i found many proffseers encourage me and the president of the university certified me

i felt more and more depressed and not happy

when i play piano i got the feeling that i am lonely in this world and sad under the cover of " Unique passion "

when i gave it up 1st thing i did that for the sake of God .what happened to me?

my life begining to light up i can feel everyone even myself i can feel myself

i do not feel alone i feel very comfortable and my heart feels how the quran is the best thing we have oh my god
How i was fool waste my life in music ............... instead reading quran and listen to quran

how i was fool .......May Allah forgive me for that

the Quran when i listen to it its more than the music to me

when i listen it i feel that i am not alone and there is someone beside me and there is a nutirion to my spirit my heart .. many beautiful feelings no one can imagin

when i feel depressed i listen to quran i surprised everything gone as if i wasnt depressed.

i said to myself welcome back to the real beautiful life the truth right path

Allah who always best knows
he creat us he know what we need and what make us comfort and happy

when you get the feeling he is around you not only that but very close to u

you can talk to him and complain to him and ask him everything you want

and how he creat this world in a such beautiful image the skies, seas, trees colour, flowers, the oceans, the birds lookin and sound

he is so tender so beautiful how great he is
to thank him billions of times thats wont enough because he gave us the breath that we breathing it

so away from the music and songs like changed so beautiful and happiness
and tasting the beauty of life

Satan want us all the time suffer and do many mistakes towards ourselves
to be sad and away from god

Now Alhamadullah i can not stand to hear music even the music of the news
all kind of music even the ringtones of the mobile

this is my nature now i wonder i can not imagin that one day i touched the piano and play and composing music

i am feeling that my ears sense been more stronger and more pure

in the media they puting a music to affect us if its a romantic scene a romantic music

if its a tragedy scene tragedy music if its a scaring scene scaring music

they are really affect our sensitive sense through their desires its really a ear eyes brain washing

So this was my Experience with music i hope its helpful

this life is so so short if we waste it away from our god
belive me we will be the real losers not for the punishment in dayafter only

no in life we will be lost sad

look at the artist`s life actors`s life stars`s life you will feel sorry for them although all people envy them and want to be in their place but really
they acting happiness only in the movies while their life almost destroyed and misrable

they live an artificial society famouse, beautness, money and powerful gave them nothing but sadness and pains and many relations unstable so they take drugs to stop sadness and got drunk all the time

you wont feel happiness away from god . this is the key of happiness

well about the obisticals you have to convert to islam

as long as your heart your soul your mind recognize that islam is the right true path

Do Not Hesitate

after you convert insaha Allah (after GOD willing)

you still can play music and watch movies but less than before

i means like if you playing piano for 1 hour a day let it be 35 min a day
if you watching movies every night so avoide the adult scenes

just step by step as much as you can

Do not worry Allah is most forggiven and most kind merciful

do Not ask us to be so tuff with ourselves and be stricted no no this is why Allah is forgiving

[yt]KyYiNjFmsAM[/yt] [/CENTER][/QUOTE]

about playing games

Most of people play games cause of spare time , you can play games its ok but
when you convert to islam insha Allah you wont have any spare time cause you have a real beautiful things to do like praying leatninng reciting quran many things

SODA and caffien is not forbidden in islam

This is Islam

Islam means “submission to God”. Islam is the belief that there is only One God, whose proper name is Allah, which means “ the God”. Islam is the same message given to all the prophets, from Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, and finally to the Prophet Muhammad, the last messenger (peace and blessings be upon them). They all brought the same message: worship only God, and stop worshipping human beings and their ideas.

Become a Muslim Now

If you believe there is only One God who should be worshipped, and no one/nothing else has that right but Him, and you believe Muahmmad, peace be upon him, was a messenger who brought the same message as all the prophets before him, then you are basically a Muslim.

Do Not Hesitate

To become a Muslim, simply declare the following:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasuluh.

I testify there is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, and I testify Muhammad is His slave and messenger.

so may Allah guid you
Allah knows best