my scripture class - mashallah my students were great today

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
today was the first day back for my students from scripture class. i havent seen them for 3 weeks. they were 2 weeks on school holidays and another week for awards and presentation events.

i missed them heaps, they are like my children. i love them so much.

subhan allah, the last time i saw them, i was very upset with them because they were misbehaving, i had to send 2 of the boys to class. none of them focused. i thought 'im meant to get hasanat for teaching them but they are not learning so i am wasting my time' thats when i was upset with them for forgetting.

today, i set things clear from the beginning of the class. i told them to open their hearts, then their brain will work and allahs blessings will be on them and this will help the heart and brain work together. but they need to listen and open their hearts.

Mashallah, i cried at the end of the lesson. my students were different today, subhan allah they were so smart and everything i had told them last term, i assumed they forgot because they dont listen or focus but they remember.

they tell me they have to say Bismilah all the time to remember allah and to keep shaytan away, they say Alhumdulilah and jazakullah kheir when thanking or receiving something from someone. the girls showed me how i taught them how to sit etc. so much and all by themselves.

today i was stressed at the begining of the class because i totally forgot about scripture today and i wasnt prepared. so i thought i will read quran with the class. but none of the students knew the small surahs. i was upset and felt very sad for them. i was teaching from kindy to year 6, so they are old enough to know them. but i was patient and decided to tell them 'Why we need to learn the quran and the importance of reading it' i told them this is the topic for our lesson today.

subhan allah, i ran out of lollies because of all the answers i was getting and i couldnt stop writing them on the board, they were too fast mashallah but i was proud of them. i remember speaking a bit about this topic last term.

these are the answers i got from student

'Why we need to learn the quran and the importance of reading it'

- To thank Allah
- Teach us how to be good - 8 year old girl
- Teach us history of Islam - an 8 year old boy actually told me this
- Keeps shaytan away
- When your sick, quran makes you better - this by a 6 year old girl
- tells us whats going to happen in the Akirah - thats my Bazzil, his 9 years old
- It makes you feel happy - thats a 7 year old
- tells / helps us understand about the universe - thats the 8 year old boy who said 'teach us history of islam
- If you say bad things and read quran, it will wipe your sins away - a 6 year old girl

my kindy class said:

- go to Janna
- Allah Akbar - everyone laughed but i said no his right, he means 'quran is important because Allah is the greatest' and i gave him a lolly. this boy subhan allah is not 100% normal, he has some mood problems. may allah cure him
- In salah - everyone laughed again but i told them the girl means we need to know quran so we can read it in the salah.
- For sleeping - they laughed again and i said 'she means quran is important so we can read it before we sleep so we dont get scared and so we become closer to Allah

at the end, the students told me 'miss, we said everything, there is no more reasons, now its your turn, you have to tell us one of your ideas' so i looked and felt a bit embarrassed and in my heart i felt this word

'TO WORSHIP' and i wrote it and felt Allahs guidance. i wasnt alone. and they all wanted to know what that means and that was another blackboard filled with types of worship and reasons etc.

so my class was a great class and i enjoyed every minute of it and wanted to share this with everyone.

after class finished, i wrote everything on the board down because i was proud of them and wanted it for memory and to test them in the future. i wrote which students said which reason. I made each one of my students say a reason, one or 2 couldnt help themselves so they said 2 reasons.

salam to all.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
JazakAllah khair.

Teaching kids can be physically draining.

May Allah make these kids pious....

islam_mydeen

Masha'Allah how aweomeness.. and cuteness..

May Allah protect them all and make them amongst the future Mujahideen and sincere scholars of this Ummah.. and may Allah shower you with ajr for teaching them aweosme kids..

haha.. im sure they missed you and your classes as much as i have missed my scripture class and teacher.. hehe.. yesterday 1st lesson in what feels like forever.. hehe..

and im sure they didn't mean to misbehave at the end of term.. we all get restless then.. just want the holidays to come.. haha..

im guessing you're in aus.. what school do you teach?

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam WithAllahsPowers

I enjoyed reading that - Jazzaki Allah Khair for letting us into your day, and also for the good work you're doing. Masha'Allah - you seem very patient with them, and I like that you stuck up for the children when the other kids laughed. They're lucky to have a kind teacher like you - may Allah reward you insha'Allah.

Salaam

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
:salam2:

Mashaallah, lovely! i enjoyed reading ur post!

Allah swt reward u in abundance for such beneficial & good work of urz..Ameen

Mashallah the kids are soooo innocent & cute...love them all!!
Inshaallah they grow up to be eminent scholars & pious believers Ameen

Take Care :hijabi:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:ma:
Indeed teaching is so interesting and ALHAMDULILLAH teching ISLAM is soooooooo sweet:muslim_child: and cool

NICE EXPERIENCE YOU HAD...:ma:

JAZAKALLAHU KHAIR for sharing

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
im guessing you're in aus.. what school do you teach?

thanks for your dua and kind words. i hope and wish the same for you inshallah.

im in sydney and i teach 2 schools, one Busby and the other Heckenberg Public School.

they did actually miss me, and i found that strange, they rans upto me and hugged me and said 'we love you miss and havent seen you in a long time' i said the same back.

yesterday i only taught Busby school because heckenberg had something on and cancelled scripture. my heckenberg class are a nightmare, i have over 35 students mixed from kindy to year 6. and have half to teach them.

as for busby school, i teach 3-6 from 12-12.30pm and then K-2 from 12.30pm to 1pm. my heckenberg class is from 2.30pm to 3pm. so that keeps me busy.
but i love teaching them and always look forward to seeing them.

so what schools do you teach?

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam to all.

thank you all for your kinds words and dua. may allah reward you and im happy and glad that you all enjoyed reading this post.

lol, i did laugh to myself when some of the kids said silly things but i had to stick up for them before they got upset and never give answers again. the kids are innocent, subah allah their words are innocent too. when they said 'to sleep' and another said 'allah akbar' they didnt mean how i explained to the students their meaning, they were being silly and just wanted to say something so i dont ask them for an answer again, lol, THEY DIDNT EVEN KNOW THE QUESTION! lol. but they were so happy in the end because i could feel they were thinking 'cool, i fooled the teacher and not that would get her off my back' lol. but i made them feel special and part of the smart students and i encouraged them to answer other questions too. silly answers are okay for me because i can stick up for the student but i can also let them feel a bit shy.

islam_mydeen

thanks for your dua and kind words. i hope and wish the same for you inshallah.

im in sydney and i teach 2 schools, one Busby and the other Heckenberg Public School.

they did actually miss me, and i found that strange, they rans upto me and hugged me and said 'we love you miss and havent seen you in a long time' i said the same back.

yesterday i only taught Busby school because heckenberg had something on and cancelled scripture. my heckenberg class are a nightmare, i have over 35 students mixed from kindy to year 6. and have half to teach them.

as for busby school, i teach 3-6 from 12-12.30pm and then K-2 from 12.30pm to 1pm. my heckenberg class is from 2.30pm to 3pm. so that keeps me busy.
but i love teaching them and always look forward to seeing them.

so what schools do you teach?

im in sydney too *hi-5!* but i wouldn't have a clue where them two schools are.. hehe.. around what area are they in?

haha.. i don't teach.. im still in school.. i go to beverly hills girls high.. hehe.. year 9..

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
im in sydney too *hi-5!* but i wouldn't have a clue where them two schools are.. hehe.. around what area are they in?

haha.. i don't teach.. im still in school.. i go to beverly hills girls high.. hehe.. year 9..

lol, so young mashallah. lots of potentional in your eyes for the future inshallah.

im from Liverpool area. i've heard of your schol. whow its really far. more like closer to the city than me.