My very first Ramadan!

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
:salam2:
Hope all fine. Yeah i know i've been away for sometime...but it was mainly school school and school. Sorry :)
Well i wanted to share my first fast experience...and the first ramadan in my life.:D
Well with help from my muslim friends(notice it became "friends" not freind" yeah i have widened my circle of muslim friends!!:D)yeah so with help from them I got the timings for fast to start, during the first few hours it felt....oh...soooo awesome!! lolz i dont know how else to describe it. I wanst really bothered during lunch time during school to see everyone eating it front of me...
But as time passed. I dont know what happen...About 4 hours were left before i was to break my very firrst fast and i felt an urge to drink ..drink anything! I felt so stupid! I thought how weak i am ..when the rest of muslims can fast then so can i! But this stupid urge would not soften. Like the devil really wanted me to drink or eat. I felt like dying. I called one of my friends and asked for help. There advise was reading quran ( the first few pages i've learned to read ) and salah....
I was mad at them for a moment thinking they were crazy, how could quran and salah banish my hunger and thirst...
well i sat down anyway with Quran and started...and to my surprise...yeah BIG surprise...the hunger slipped away so did the thirst....and strangly i felt as if i had just eaten a feast!!! Not hungry at all!!!!:D:D:D
I then fell asleep. Woke up in time to break the fast( this time at the right time lol)
well here was my experience. Umm my fast wasnt broken was it?? From the suddent desires to drink or eat??

Anyways I also wish everyone and everyone Ramdan Mubarak...(i know its a lttle late but better late then never!! :D)

Ur sister,
Amina:tti_sister:

P.S: Need prayers for mom...she's ill.:( and still in rehab ...:(

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

MashaAllah Sister... What a Great start!

If you would like to know about Ramadaan in detail (rulings etc), Please see videos below. There many many other free Islamic courses on that site. Also, it is in New York. So you might want to attend it personally...

http://thefiks.org/elearning/?cat=196

You don't have to learn everything at once though...Take your time and one step at a time.

:wasalam:

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Alejkum selam we rahmetullah
MashaALL-LLAH so good for you sister
I see you have understood the reality
Go ahead sister.Take care.
Wes-selam alejkum

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
Wow that would have been an amazing xperience for u sis! Congratz for ur first fast! :D
:ma::ma::ma:

fatima♥

majormuss

:)mashallah:)Like to congratulate you and most importantly thanking Allah for leading you to the Right path. With the Fasting and prayer times there's website you can download a software that will automatically call Athan(Azan) and therefor you will know when it is time to start or break ur fast.
enjoy.....

http://download.cnet.com/Athan-Azan-Basic/3000-2135_4-10206122.html
(Just install the software and it will automatically call Athan when its time and also its free)