My way to Islam...

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
:salam2: dear brothers and sisters!

Well here's my story of on my way to islam....

I was born and raised by my mother. I was christened and named Amelia Johnson.I have no father and no siblings. All my life has been horrible and uneasy. I was always uncomfortable going to church to which my mom sometimes went. But as time passed she stopped going and told me not to go there either. I argued with her that if i dont go who will i pray to? Who will i ask for things? Who will i ask for help? Her reply was that she didnt care and that there was no God....
I felt helpless and hopless...At school i had no friends...
One day i met with a muslim girl of my age outside the school, She seemed nice and from that day onwards we became friends.
Life outside home improved but inside it sucked. I found out one awful day that my mom was on drugs. I did know that she dranked a lot but this piece of news hit me with shock.
I was very sad and worried. My new friend asked me why i was sad and i told her. She said not to worry and just pray to God. When i told her that my mom says there's no God she shook her head in disbelief and said she couldnt believe my mom told me that, then she told me about TTI.
I made my account here and logged on. On my first intro post so many people replied and i was so surprised and happy. They also send me links...
Being attracted to islam since about 6 months ago...i thought i was finally at the right place. I read all the links.
I was at peace. I KNEW now that there was a God...The One and Only God.
I prayed to God in the Christen manner.....pleading Him to let everything be okay.
Then i read here on this site about hijab and that muslim women must cover them selves up....i liked that...then onwards i wore jeans and long sleeved shirts.
My muslim friend was also happy at my new change. I was inspired...and i wanted to convert....and i knew this was my final and confirm decision...
On july,21 2009 i converted...at the local mosque here. My friend hugged me and said she was so happy and proud of me.
I didnt need her soothing words cuz i already felt so....clean..light..and happy.
I was named Amina.

This is my story in short...i have not told my violent mother yet...nor anyone else knows....
But one day they will know. InshAllah.

To all the non muslims out there. Islam is the best. If u try u can understand its beauty. I am proud to say that i am a muslim girl now.

May Allah bless all the members and non members....plus it's owners,
Amin:tti_sister:

Urs sis in islam.
Amina

D.Ahmed

Believer
Asalaamu Alaikum Sister Amina.

I'm well pleased for you that you found Islam and that it fits in with your heart,
It must be one of the best feelings for you and Insha-Allah(god willing) you find every answer to deal with every life situations including how to deal with domestic issue's.

May Allah bless you and bring your mom on the right path. Ameen.

:SMILY206:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: dear brothers and sisters!

Well here's my story of on my way to islam....

I was born and raised by my mother. I was christened and named Amelia Johnson.I have no father and no siblings. All my life has been horrible and uneasy. I was always uncomfortable going to church to which my mom sometimes went. But as time passed she stopped going and told me not to go there either. I argued with her that if i dont go who will i pray to? Who will i ask for things? Who will i ask for help? Her reply was that she didnt care and that there was no God....
I felt helpless and hopless...At school i had no friends...
One day i met with a muslim girl of my age outside the school, She seemed nice and from that day onwards we became friends.
Life outside home improved but inside it sucked. I found out one awful day that my mom was on drugs. I did know that she dranked a lot but this piece of news hit me with shock.
I was very sad and worried. My new friend asked me why i was sad and i told her. She said not to worry and just pray to God. When i told her that my mom says there's no God she shook her head in disbelief and said she couldnt believe my mom told me that, then she told me about TTI.
I made my account here and logged on. On my first intro post so many people replied and i was so surprised and happy. They also send me links...
Being attracted to islam since about 6 months ago...i thought i was finally at the right place. I read all the links.
I was at peace. I KNEW now that there was a God...The One and Only God.
I prayed to God in the Christen manner.....pleading Him to let everything be okay.
Then i read here on this site about hijab and that muslim women must cover them selves up....i liked that...then onwards i wore jeans and long sleeved shirts.
My muslim friend was also happy at my new change. I was inspired...and i wanted to convert....and i knew this was my final and confirm decision...
On july,21 2009 i converted...at the local mosque here. My friend hugged me and said she was so happy and proud of me.
I didnt need her soothing words cuz i already felt so....clean..light..and happy.
I was named Amina.

This is my story in short...i have not told my violent mother yet...nor anyone else knows....
But one day they will know. InshAllah.

To all the non muslims out there. Islam is the best. If u try u can understand its beauty. I am proud to say that i am a muslim girl now.

May Allah bless all the members and non members....plus it's owners,
Amin:tti_sister:

Urs sis in islam.
Amina
:salam2: Sister,

I pray to Allah through his most Most beautiful names that he open your Mother's heart to Islaam, just as he opened your heart!

:wasalam:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
wa alaikom assalam
I don't know what to say , I'm really so so soooooooo happy for you
Thanks for Allah for guiding you .

I read your story , nice story , May Allah reward ur friend .

Make sure now u r in the right path u saw the light after long darkness , so that u've to keep it and stick to Islam .

May Allah bless you honey , I'll ask him to guide ur mom in sha'a Allah I'll go to the holy masjid in Makkah after few days , I'll pray for all of you .

May Allah protect you :)

I loooove you my sweetie sister ^_^

LoveofAllah

Amina, as a muslim it is your responsibility to take care of your mother.
You know that she is using drugs and is helpless because of her addiction. show her the beauty of Islam, show her the purpose of life, tell her about Allah, and read the quran to her. it is her only way to recover from her addiction...through God

fada_all

salam alimku dear ukhtii Amina

wow masha allah alla praise go to allah the all mighty who guide u to the right path ameennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn CONGRATULATIONS my allah swt guide your mother too to His right path annd all non-muslims ammennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2: sis AMina
i am so happy for you......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D
May ALLAH bless you and make everything easy fro you ameen
take care

hassana elkoussi

MashaAllah sister Amina, :SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206: to Islam and to the site. I'm so happy & proud of you. I'm sure you'll never regret this decision . On the contrary, you should always be thankful to Allah for guiding you to the truth. Now that you're sinless like a newborn and your du'aa is most likely to be accepted,isA, keep praying for your Mom and of course don't forget your friends on TTI.

:tti_sister: May Allah make things easy for you. Ameen

Peace-&-Love

:salam2: Amina

I am sooo proud of you right now. I have read your previous threads and now to hear this good news is just amazing :ma: May Allah reward you and the many who have contributed to your journey (Ameen)! I also pray that your mom after seeing your transformation will also change!

:SMILY206: to the Sisterhood of Islam.

sarmadn

SubhanAllah! I hope our non-muslim friends find inspiration in sister Amina's story. Allah s.w.t. has blessed her heart with guidance. Let us pray for her success and patience to consistently grow as a Muslimah every day. I am actually trying to help someone come closer to Islam myself. I am sure I will need TTI's help.. will post about it soon inshaAllah.

zbhotto

Banned
AllaHuakbar

Dear SISter,
Salamulaikum. May ALLAH (SWT) reward you Jannatul farodous. May ALLAH (SWT) keep you patient. May ALLAH (SWT) remove all dificulties from your life and replace them with easy and comfort.
May ALLAH (SWT) keep you steadfast in HIS dean.

Dear sister in ISLAM always seek wisdom about ISLAM. Be attached with your local mosque, good muslims, and authentic ismalic websites.

May ALLAH (SWT) grant you to say the testimony of islamic faith in your last breath.

Ameen

deepheart

Assalam alaikum

Assalam alaikum

How are you, Amina? I'm so happy I don't know what to say.

Please know that Islam is a religion of ease. Allah does not want to make things difficult for us so we shouldn't make things difficult for ourselves.

Sometimes when people embrace Islam they want to know everything at once and do everything that they see others doing. Though the intention is good, it may become a burden. So practice Islam as much as you can. Know that you do not have to fast all day and pray all night. The five daily prayers are mandatory but others are voluntary.

Please don't hesitate to ask anytime you need answers. Self-study alone is not enough.

May ALLAH Bless you and increase you in knowledge....Amin.

Abdirahman!

alhamduliAllah
my new sister may Allah bless you and guide your mother. your mother will come with you inshaAllah. just keep praying for her.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum wa'Rahmatullaah,

I read your introduction but didn't get a chance to reply. Alhamdu'lillaah a lot of brothers and sisters replied which made up for it.

I am really pleased that you found peace (ease) which you were searching for (and in fact something we all yearn for although some of us find it permanently (i.e. Islaam) while others find temporarily through other forbidden means).

May Allaah give you good in this life and the hereafter.

If you encounter any problems with anything then, simply post it in the right section and there will be those ready to help. Insha'Allaah I will see the day when you will be commanding good and forbidding evil as well as helping others.

Subhaan'Allaah.

Walaykum Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah.

erica5127

very beautiful story!!! I want to take my shahada soon, I just am waiting for an oportunity to get to the mosque!! thanks for sharing and welcome!!

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

Subhana Allaah! (Glory be to Allaah) Allaahu Akbar! :SMILY206: to ISLAM dear sis Amina:hearts: Advice: Now since you are a new muslimah expects some tests from Allaah. He will indeed test you to see how strong your faith is. So may Allaah help you pass that BIG exam amiin:D:hearts::hearts:

:tti_sister:
wasalam

slave_of_Allah

You have found the essence of beauty, and I know you will never let go of it. I am so happy for you.

Life may bring many hardships, but all is from Allah. Bear everything with patience, and Allah will give you your reward for it.

Keep jannah on your mind, and I sincerely pray that Allah blesses you with jannah tul firdos. Aameen.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Allah-o-Akbar ! Allah-o-Akbar ! Allah-o-Akbar !

My heartiest, heartiest, heartiest congratulations to you my sweet sister Amina,

:SMILY209: Congratulations !!!

And a big Congratulations to your friend too who introduced you to Islam and to TTI.

At this young age of 15 you have taken this step which tells us that you have great qualities and wisdom. :ma:

Now that you are a Muslimah :ma: you now have responsibilities too:
1. Pray to your creator Allah (SWT).
2. Follow Allah's commands (do things He has prescribed and stay away from what He has forbidden).
3. Respect and obey your mother.
4. Be nice to all the people you meet, because now you are an ambassador of Islam in your non-Muslim community.

Islam allows you to hide your conversion to Islam from anyone if you feel threatened. But since you said your mom doesn't care about God, so probably she wouldn't react violently about it.

But regardless of her reaction you have to be obedient and humble to your mother (except in the matter of Allah). I have a feeling that she will soon come to accept Islam if you act according to the teachings of Islam regarding parents.

May Allah protect you and help you and guide you in your journey towards His Good Pleasure and towards Jannah Al-Firdous. Ameen !