myself

Kanini

My name is Kanini,i am 13 going 14 female. I was brought up in a Christian community but lately i've been started to doubt my faith. I need a guiding light because i dont know where i'm going or where i am supposed to go. There is a muslim and a muslima in my class at school. They are teaching me the basics of the arabic language. I found a Qu'ran on my bookshelf, i feel that Islam is my calling but im not sure. I have believed in Jesus Christ all my life but lately i dont know what i believe in. I have just seperated myself from the church and i spend time reading the Qu'ran and wearing my version of a hijab because my family is predominately Chistian. My family was shocked. My brothers made fun of my hijab and i felt bad inside because they did not accept me. I now wear it when im alone in my room and i read the Qu'ran in seclusion. I doubt they even know that i read the Qu'ran. Although I have never worn a piece of revealing clothing, now i cover neck down and i donnot wear armhole shirts. My mother says i am one of the very few respectable women in my community.At this present point in time i am unstable in faith. If i ask for truth, every religion is the truth. My choice though is between Christianity and Islam.Really and truly, i want the truth, the real truth. I donnot want to be lead astray by lies and betrayal. In my quest for the truth i was awakened to the fact that the Unitarian sect of the Christian faith is very close to Islam. I have never been so confused in all my thirteen years than like now. Many times i pray to God to reveal the truth to me but i dont know what happens. More now than ever i wished that there were a religion that was both Christian and Islam, but that is impossible because they contradict each other. I only want this because it is hard to decide between them both. If i dont make a decision, i will probably live my life in the way i think God sees fit.The choice is hard. And even if i do chose Islam, who would buy my clothes and my hadith and all the et ceteras. All i want is the truth and a guiding light, i already have God.

haris

Patience
Hello sister!

welcome to this site. It is so very good to learn that you are interesting in Islam. My advice to you is to stick to the site and read the articles about Islam as they will help you to understand Islam in great detail. Once you do understand what Islam stands for I am sure you will not find it difficult to realize the truth which you are looking for.

It is good that you are already reading the Quran.
I would advice you to read the following articles.

these are about the explanation and importance of Tawheed.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805

As far as the books are concerned you can contact the local mosque in that matter.

I hope and pray to ALLAH to guide you to the straight path.

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Hello dear Kanini, how are you? Insha'Allah you're keeping well.

Masha'Allah (God had Willed)...you are trying your best in seeking the truth...well, if Allah put you to it, He surely will put you through it Insha'Allah.

You see dear Kanini, guidance comes from Allah Alone. 'Whomsoever Allah guides, none can lead astray, but whomsoever Allah leads astray, none can ever guide (Al-Qur'an)

You mentioned:
....My family was shocked. My brothers made fun of my hijab and i felt bad inside because they did not accept me. ......

Alhamdulillah (All praise is due to Allah)....always remember, the pleasure of the people, is the displeasure of Allah - But the displeasure of the people, is the pleasure of Allah...(Subhan'Allah - Glory be to Allah)...

Dont worry, may Allah keep you strong...if it makes you feel any better...i too was mocked at once (still am sometimes...lol...but Alhamdulillah, i have reliance in Allah)...your very young Masha'Allah....may Allah reward you for your effort, Ameen.

....I now wear it when im alone in my room and i read the Qu'ran in seclusion. I doubt they even know that i read the Qu'ran. ....

Alhamdulillah....you may want to keep it this way for now Kanini, in order to avoid trouble...you wouldnt want yourself to fall in a situation of this sort...and Allah says in the Qur'an that He does not burden a soul more than it can bare!

...My mother says i am one of the very few respectable women in my community....

Kanini, she may be saying this out of anger, try not to take it to heart...Allah ho Alim (Allah Knows best), but truly, every righteous person is respected in the sight of Allah - so what more do we need?

Allah says in the Glorious Qur'an:

"O mankind! We have created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes that you may come to know each other. Verily, the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has Full Knowledge and is Well-Acquainted with all things. [Surah Al-Hujurat (49) Verse 13]

Also:

"............Never will I (Allah) allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female. You are (members) of one another, so those who emigrated and were driven out from their homes, and suffered harm in My Cause, and who fought, and were killed (in My Cause), verily, I will expiate from them their evil deeds and admit them into Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise); a reward from Allah, and with Allah is the best of rewards." [Surah Al-'Imran (3) Verse 195]

....If i ask for truth, every religion is the truth. My choice though is between Christianity and Islam. .....

well actually, every religion is not the truth. Frankly speaking, surely every religion would claim that they are upon the truth etc and we say no different! However, consider the following Verses of the Qur'an, Insha'Allah it'll become clear:

'...........This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favour upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion........' (Chapter 5: Verse 3)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost." (Qur'an 3:85)

Subhan'Allah.............

* If anyone has a real desire to be a Muslim and has full conviction and strong belief that Islam is the true religion ordained by Allah for all human-beings, then, one should pronounce the "Shahada", the testimony of faith, without further delay. The Holy Qur'an is explicit on this regard as Allah states. (See the Verses above).

.....Many times i pray to God to reveal the truth to me but i dont know what happens. More now than ever i wished that there were a religion that was both Christian and Islam, but that is impossible because they contradict each other. I only want this because it is hard to decide between them both. ...

As for you saying, that many times you pray to God to reveal the truth but dont know what happens...i would say dear Kanini, keep patience. Patience truly is a great virtue, realise your potential. On the other hand, your wish for knowing a religion similar to both Christianity and Islam - well you may want to read a few of these verses from the Miraculous Qur'an, just to give you a basic insight of this Religion, since Islam/the Qur'an is only proclaiming what was sent before. Prophet Muhammad :saw: was sent as the 'seal' of the Prophet hood (Subhan'Allah-Glory be to Allah)...

Allah reminds us in the Glorious Qu'ran:

'Say, [O believers]. "We have belived in Allah and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants [al-Asbat] and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.
'(Chapter 2: Verse 136)

'Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them-out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the Verses of Allah, then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account]' (Chapter 3: Verse 19)

And lastly (though you said this before the above mentioned quotes, i thought to respond to this particular quote towards the end) you mentioned:

.....Really and truly, i want the truth, the real truth. I donnot want to be lead astray by lies and betrayal. .....

Insha'Allah, Kanini, rely on Allah Alone...Verily, the Qur'an and Islam, is the utmost Truth! Never will it misguide you...it actually is the 'WAY' of life dear Kanini, so may Allah help you to accept it with full conviction, Ameen ya Rabb al Alamin.

I pray the above response/s helped you dear Kanini. If there's anything else we can do to help, please give us shout; and if Allah permits, we shall do our best to assist you.

For now i leave you in Allah's Care.....

* That paragraph has been taken from Islam Page.

mahdi

asalamu alaykum. i don't know if you understand what i have just said. this is how we greate each other in muslim's. you know what is goodabout you is seeking knowledge,i have one advise for you .read the quran and the hadith of prophet muhamed s.a.w. don't stop just there read the bible. and you will ask this question to your self, why is this muslim man telling you to read the bible? well here is why the bible contains many informaions that talk about islam. you may not see the name of islam in the bible.but there is a lot of informations. if you wanna know these informations go to this website <ww.islamway.com > it will cambare the bible and the quran. so it is an imortant web .

fahad96

Fahad
Alhamdullilah RabiAllamin
Dear Kanini
Masha'Allah ...you are trying your best in seeking the truth about who are you and how are you here - Allah guide you to correct way
Do not think that who will buy cloth or food for you- Neema will comes from Allah Inshaalah
Congratulation

Fahad

Delyan

el salam aaleykom ( May Peace be upon you)
My dear sweet heart, first of all I really want you to feel you all the admiration I have for you : hardly 13/14 and u you re seeking for the Truth.
The Truth is not the truthes, and Islam is the last on only religion finally sent down to the human kind that God, Allah command us to follow. Jesus is a Messenger as well as Moses before, and Abraham before, Noah..Yet, Mohamed is the last one chosen by Allah to spread the Truth u re looking for and that all human kind has to follow. Islam is serenity,peace ( in your mind, with the others, with your parents, ur family, your neightbours, the old man u ll encounter in the street, with ur butcher, ur baker ...) it s the religion of brotherhood, assistance, patience, Knowledge,. Read e QURAN, go on sites such as www.islamway.com, maybe u can go to the nearest mosque u can find
I also advise you for instance, to listen to ssome revert ppl on www.turntoislam.com indeed, many of them felt exactly as you, it maight help you to listen to the wa y they understand the Truth, the questions they ask themselves and so on

May Allah Protect you my dear kanini and Guide your heart to Him
sincerly yours,
sister Delyan:hearts:

wa salam

Noor to shine

Dear Kanini :
I realy respect and admire your quest for Truth. Each human should seek Truth and never accept to live and die blindly. Dear Kanini Islam was revealed to confirm and correct the previous revealed messages which has been changed and tampered with by humans. We humans should be certain that our creator is one , none is comparable to and none is like God....If you read Quran you will learn who is Allah our creator.....Allah(God) is the creator every thing else is his creation ....This concept should be clear in hearts of believers to purify their hearts. please think about this verse:

3:64 Say: "O followers of earlier revelation! Come unto that tenet which we and you hold in common: that we shall worship none but God, and that we shall not ascribe divinity to aught beside Him, and that we shall not take human beings for our lords beside God." And if they turn away, then say: "Bear witness that it is we who have surrendered ourselves unto Him."
Quran

with love and regards

aliza

ASALAMALIKUM KANINI, IN YOUR POST YOU TALK OF BELIEVING IN JESUS (PBUH) ALL YOUR LIFE, ISLAM DOES NOT TEACH U AGAINST BELIEVING THAT IT HELPS TO ADVANCE ON THAT AS U MAY HAVE READ JESUS (PBUH) WAS ALSO A MESSENGER BUT MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT MUHAMMAD (PBUH) IS THE FINAL MESSENGER SO HIS TEACHINGS ARE FINAL. MAY GOD GUIDE U (AMEEN)

Garnet_Stone

I'm happy for you :D

Assalamu Alaikum.

It's so great to know a young woman like you who, instead of following today's fads, follow what they believe is right and moralistic. You are on the right path! Many years from now, you will realize the many benefits of this path you are taking, take it from me, I had a very confusing time as a teenager.

I too was raised by a Christian family and I've been intensely studying Islam. When I was your age, I was quite a rebellious one. I felt lost, so I rebelled even more. I suffered from many things, such as eating disorders and depression. I had horrible relationships with men who didn't love me for who I was, and that made me feel even more depressed. When I discovered Islam, I realized that I would've dodged all those problems if I had learned of Islam when I was younger!

The society makes you believe that "freedom" is by wearing whatever you want and being looked at as a sex symbol, drinking and having inappropriate and short-term relationships with men. But do these things really mean? If you wear short outfits, men don't see you for the real you. In fact, you're showing them what they want to see! What good is it to wear short outfits? So men can see what they desire to see? So that's only serving other people's desires, not yours. If you cover yourself up, that's your way of telling the world that you refuse to be a sex object. In addition, drinking is far more dangerous than young people nowadays realize. Drinking leads you to do irrational things, you loose control of yourself. I drank a lot in college and suffered from alcoholism. I used to drink myself to sleep every night. What started out as "fun" became a dangerous obsession which could've killed me. There are many permanent health risks associated with alcoholism, such as liver failure. And about having "casual" relationships with men....what's so good about that? Personally, I want a man to love me, take care of me and treat me like a queen....casual relationships wouldn't fulfill those for me. A lot of men nowadays only want women for sex. Trust me, you deserve a lot more than that type of treatment!

So you see, don't feel very confused, you're on the right path! Don't pay too much attention to your brothers, someday, you'll be able to show them how peaceful and confident you feel about choosing your path. Your life will be so much better. You wouldn't go through the many problems I had growing up. If you keep following this path, you will grow up to be an honorable young woman, you will find a man who will love you and take care of you and you will find confidence that most women nowadays don't have. Keep it up!

Asude

Welcome little sister,Kanini.You are in a good way because you have been aware of you and the wrongness in your life.Being awareness of wrong is the first step to correct the wrong and to learn truth.I believe you will find truth as long as you search.Go on reading Qur'an.It is the best way to learn truth.Your heart will say truth to you.Our prayers are with you.:allahuakbar:

~teenage~GiirL~

WOW at such an age im suprised and very happy i just hope u make the right decision ... it is hard and at the end of the day God will judge u and i guess u should follow your heart... even tho i dont know ya im proud of u :)

Delyan

WOW at such an age im suprised and very happy i just hope u make the right decision ... it is hard and at the end of the day God will judge u and i guess u should follow your heart... even tho i dont know ya im proud of u :)

of course she s making the right decision, el 7amdolilah, no doubt about that, choosing Islam is the path she s to follow because the reality is that at the end of the day no other belief will bring her the serenity she s missing.

sis delyan
wa salam

shadykan

Salam sister

Welcome, and i'm sure you'll enjoy this site and find all the information you need to make up your mind.

I can't believe you're 13 !! wow, you seem very articulate, and i'm sure once you have all the information you need, the answer will be crystal clear !!!

Kanini

life is differnt now than a yr ago

in my exploration of islam i have found some things that are normal everyday life 4 me is haram. Drawing human and animal life is haram, mixing with males is haram exposing ANY part of the body is haram. I am sure there is a lot more to expect.

I never really ate pork or pork by-products and plus i grew up in a seventh-day adventis community where it does not allow the consumption of pork.

A year ago dressing like a muslim as easy, but not now im 14. There are some things that u just cant dress modestly for. Running (atletics), swimming. Wearing somthing above ur knee is already violation and running is alot shorter that that. In the swimming pool nothing is allowed except the one pice or 2 piece bathing suit. I live in Barbados, a Caribbean island between North and South America, so it reallllly hot. Im not an Indian neither am i of Indian descent so if anyone c a black person wearin hijab, ur like some sorta outcast or omen. The indians i live here with would consider me an "indian wanna-be" and would never accept me into the muslim community. so if i did bcome a muslima i would have to go abroad to marry.

wearing hijab has become difficult in this hot climate and instead "island clothes" are worn and beaches are swarmed so ppl can cool themselves down in the waters.And dressing like this violates the hijab.

Arabic is increasingly difficult 2 understand as bajan (corruption of english) being my mother tongue. I know english natural since we were an english colony and french and spanish are my 2 foreign languages.

I love to draw and i only really draw ppl hardly animals, but this is still a violation because this is probably seen as idol making or something like that.

Alot of our delicacies involve some small percentage of the essence of alcohol. Black cake, rum an raisin icecream and a whole host of other stuff. I was wondering if itsjust the essence if it still matters but i guessed not. Its a violation

Mixing of men and women. I got to school at a unisex school and its hard to avoid the opposite sex and even harder not to look at them. Even when a muslima goes to all girls schools the still cant look at their schoolmates.

Now i really believe that i should stick to being a christian an start goin back to church or something, because islam is a very difficult religion that has no sort of enjoyment. It focuses on the herafter so much that it tends to forget about the here and now. Islam was also birthed in a male dominant society which gives women no sort of rights or independence. I donnot want o become a muslim cos ppl will think i am makin a mockery of islam bcos of my ways and customs.I also wouldnot like to displease Allah by being a bad muslim. I know your way of livin and thinkin to u does not need any "modernisation" but it needs to be relaxed a little,tiny bit, but i have no authority and i am sure at least some ppl enjoy isalm, i hope.

Although i might not be a muslima or plan to be one i will still cling to this site and maybe some day i will be able to be a good muslim. But until that day comes, i will be either a christian(not likely) or a muslim who dresses,draws and mix with people like an "infidel" A.K.A a bad muslim. I will still read the quran , hadith, pray,etc. but i will not really call myself a muslim so i dont disgrace the name of islam. If Allah says im 2 be a muslim, ill b 1 if not so be it. I really want 2 enjoy life which islam doesnt allow

Hope Allah makes a clear definite say in this situation

Ameen

Kanini (fren who needs alot of guidance)

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
Assalamo Aleikum

frist of all sis i found myself in ur post
I'm new revert to islam i was born muslim catholic wit 14 i became portestant all my family is protestant ( christian) but as u i found islam sis and i was very lost as u without know wat belive and wat do is very hard u leave wat u learned all ur life i know. But do pray sis for God guide and help u
u r doing a good thing studing as me 2 will not be easy with family in begin but with time they will accept i have 17 now i'm young like u. Do wat ur heart want and don't try do things for peopler but for God
May Allah Bless You
Allah Hafiz
:tti_sister:

Abu Eesaa

Servant Of Allah
Allah is the BEST of guides. Keep faith Inshallah...

Salaam Dear sister,

Its so elevating to see a young sister like yourself searching fro the truth.

I just want to say that I know you say you are confused between Christianity and Islam and you know you cant have both.

Sister Just remember that God has sent various messengers and prophets through time.
The original Bible and the Original Torah were both books of good and through time people have altered them to suit their own needs, hence neither of them being the true word of good anymore. Both books were sent as the truth but no longer contain the truth due to peoples evils.

Islam came along as a guide for the whole of mankind to elevate them from the dark ages of ignorance and as a complete way of life.
Islam had prefected its predcessors and is the final and correct message and Allah will not except any other religion in its place.

I hope Allah guides you to Islam, Insallah.

Make sincere Dua (pray) and as Allah to guide and place your faith in Allah.

Finally sister you said something about how would by hadiths for you and clothes.

There is plenty of websites that let you Download the entire Quran and hadiths.
For the Clothes if you become muslim I will buy you your first set of muslim attire. lol......

Salaam

May Allah Guide you.......

Abu Eesaa

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
Sister Kanini,

First of all I'm really happy to see you searching for the truth. Below is an answer by Sheikh Salman al-Oadah on What is the true nature of guidance? What is the true nature of misguidance?

Answered by Sheikh Salman al-Oadah

The following are needed for the realization of guidance:

1. Allah's ruling on the matter must be known; that is: what does Allah and His Messenger want from the servant on this matter?

2. The ruling must then be acted upon on the strength of faith in the heart that inspires the servant to act.

So, when the servant says: “Guide us to the straight way”, he is calling out to his Lord, saying: “Our Lord, direct us to what you love and to what pleases you in everything that will confront us in our lives. Then strengthen us and assist us to act in accordance with what we have come to know because You have directed us to it and taught us.”

All misguidance stems from one of two things: an absence of knowledge or the failure to act upon it.

The opposite of knowledge is ignorance. A person may have the desire to perform righteous deeds, but be ignorant of the correct way to go about performing them. He then follows a path of innovation on which he strives without benefit. How many are the Muslims who have fallen into all sorts of innovation and deviance while believing that they are conducting themselves in the best manner. The reason for this is lack of knowledge.

So, when we ask Allah: “Guide us to the straight way”, we are asking our Lord to instruct us and direct us so that we will not remain in misguided ignorance, stumbling about blindly.

Besides ignorance, there are vain desires. Knowledge may remove ignorance, but the person possessing knowledge may have no inclination to act according to it. He could purposely neglect his obligations or fall into forbidden acts, though he knows what the rulings are, because of his weak faith, his overriding passions, and his desire for immediate, worldly enjoyment.

For example, take a person who smokes. Because he smokes, he becomes concerned with the issue of smoking. He reads about it, and follows the news related to it. He learns about the serious dangers of smoking. He learns about what is contained within the cigarette that he smokes. He learns so much about smoking that he could actually present a very good lecture on the subject. In spite of all this, he continues to smoke. What can be done with this person? The issue at hand is not lack of knowledge. It is simply that this person does not want to give up smoking and has no intention of doing so. This is the most dangerous possible situation.

Guidance is of utmost importance. This is why we recite “Guide us to the straight way” in every unit of prayer. This shows us that the need for guidance is constant and enduring.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) writes in Kitâb al-Salâh:

The servant is in constant need of guidance to deal with everything that comes his way: There are some matters that he has embarked upon without guidance, so he needs to repent from them. There are other matters where he possesses general guidance, but needs to be guided in the details. Then there are matters in which he has partial guidance wherein he needs to be guided completely. There are those matters that he had been guided about in the past, but will need similar guidance for them in the future. Still, there are those matters about which he possesses no belief whatsoever, so he needs to be guided about them from the start. There are deeds that he has not yet performed, so he needs to be guided to carry them out. There are those matters about which he already possesses proper beliefs and engages in correct actions, so he needs guidance so he may remain steadfast upon them. Beyond all of this, there are many other forms of guidance. Since the servant is in need of all of this, Allah has made it incumbent upon him to ask for guidance in his best circumstances, numerous times throughout morning and night.

And Allah knows best.

furry

Help Will b on ur way

Peace Be On To You:-

Well my dear fren, for me i suggest you shld go to youtube.com and search for Ahamd Deedat. Hear his lectures and debates and u will get some gr8 enlightment Insha Allah (God-Willing).