Video NBC NEWS: 20000 Americans Convert To ISLAM Each Year !

kayleigh

The notion that Islam is the world's second largest religion does not stand to scutiny. Most Christians agree that Catholicism is a different religion from Protestant Christianity which is the majority sect. If you compare sect for sect then Islam according to Sunna is the world's largest religion and has been for over ten centuries. Does anybody have the numbers to back me up on this?

Then you'd also have to split Islam isn't different sects to count too. It would change the numbers slightly.

I disagree with the notion that Catholicism is different from Christianity. This sectarianism within Christianity is quite sad. However, you must believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for everyones sins to be Christian and follow the Bible. Both the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Catholic Church, and the Protestant Church agree on this. The Protestants and Catholics aren't as vastly different as some would like to believe. They have their differences, but when it gets down to the most important part - what constitutes a Christian - they agree, as do theologians.

Any Christian who claims that Catholicism is separate from Christianity is just bitter and is repeating what they were raised and taught to say by their Protestant parents. I know - I was raised the same way.

Islam, although the fastest growing through birth and conversion, really is the second largest religion. According to a 2005 study, about 20% of the worlds population is Muslim.

Anyway, that's a great video. Thanks for posting.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

That was a great video. Thank you for posting it.

There was this lady in the video [Asma Gull Hasan] who said the following:

In the Qur'an it says that women were created independently of Adam; that Eve was an independent creation of God.

That's just wrong.

Please read the following translation of the first verse of Surat an-Nisaa' [chapter 4] of the Qur'an:

O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwâ (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women; and fear Allâh through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship)[1]. Surely, Allâh is Ever an All-Watcher over you.

Having said that, any woman who compares the Qur'anic verse to the Biblical verses that speak about women will see that the West's image of the position of women in Islam is not only wrong, but is a denial of the position of women in their own scriptures. Please click on the following link to see a brief comparison:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74489&postcount=24

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum