Need Help Regarding Shaking Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassana elkoussi

:salam2: dear sister,

Hope you're doing fine isA. Of course you know I'm from Egypt,too, and I don't shake hands with non-mahram men, ever since I put on my hijab. Some of my relatives didn't like it at first, but who cares. They got used to it later. If I would meet strangers, I would either fold my hands or put them behind my back or turn my eyes away or just state openly that I don't shake hands with men. In most cases, my husband would tell the people that. You should try to convince your husband that it's haram, he can help a lot. If he's not convinced, I advise you not to make an issue, you can put on gloves or use your khimar as you said till he takes his time. You know most Arabs don't like to feel that their wives know better than they do. Make du'aa and be sure he'll be convinced eventually. May Allah make things easy for you,sister.
:tti_sister: Ameen

:hearts::hearts:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Since many brothers and sisters clarified the matter, let me quote here one of the posts of me which is made earlier.

Originally Posted by IbnAdam77 View Post
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

This is truly a huge problem we face often not only in US, UK or in any other non-Muslim country, but here in the Only 100% Sunni Muslim country in the world also. I came through with this problem in some very critical situations too.

1) I was working in an Islamic Insurance company earlier as a Junior Marketing Executive. The work makes me to meet both men and women of other companies and in this particular day, I went for a meeting in another company with my Manager. There we met two young women whom greeted us and offered hand to my Manager and he shook happily (like "with pleasure"). Then she offered to me and I was "Oh no". What I did was saying "wa'alaikumussalam" and shook my own hands. LOL. Everybody was staring at me. Then she said. "Oh! You don't greet huh?" This poor woman thought greeting is done with hand shake without even saying assalam 'alaikum. Subuhaanallah! When we entered the meeting room, again the other one offered and I said the same.

One of the office guys came out to the road also to see the "alien" just came to their office, when we moved off. May Allah show them the correct patter of Islam.

2) I changed the job because this one offers me a higher income than earlier. There was an Orientation Programme for the new comers as there were many with me. I guess around 25. After the Programme, HR Manager (who is a woman) came on shaking hands with one by one and each and every boy and girl was shaking happily. Finally there came the critical moment. LOL. I did not shake the hands with her even but said wa'alaikumussalam and she kept her hands still. I just repeated wa'alaikumussalam and then she realised that I did not want to hand shakes. She just went on with a huge smile on her face and a huge smile on my face too. But you know, ALL the people were staring at me like when they see a 'just now made pizza'. I was saying in my heart "Ya Allah! Show them the correct way and make them steadfast in your religion".

Brother always remember that this world will never be easy for a Muslim. Because we so not belong here.

Hope my experience helps you a little.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Sister Islam is easy. There is no obeying to any Makhlooq (including our Husbands and Parents) in something Islam forbids. They are not the ones who will ask us questions at the end of the day, but Allah is.

Just now I came from a meeting with seniors of some other company and I saw this thread. You know what happened? There was only one women (in the whole meeting and she is from our company) and she shook hand with that guy who came with us to the exiting door. The man said, "We have to shake hands with women too". The woman replied, "Man! Only extremists do not shake hands with women". Then she said, "May be "IbnAdam" (replaced to my original name) will not do it". Then I said, "Yeah I am an extremist".

See the situation sister.

O Allah! Muslim Ummah! O Allah! Muslim Ummah! O Allah! Muslim Ummah!

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Tasneeem

Salm sister.. it is sad to hear that in egypt they practice this.. It is totally haram to shake hands with a male that is NOT your mahram... If u can avoid it u should as far as possible...
May allah make it easy for you... Ameen

Status
Not open for further replies.