Need help with my iman :(

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
:salam2: everyone

Hope everyone is well. Recently i feel like I need help with my iman because i feel it lowering everyday more and more,i am 16 and im getting tempted by things and being influenced too much by just everyone. Just to let you know how serious it got i said a curse word not that long ago, and i had never said a curse word for almost a year, and i feel alot of things just closing in on me. I enjoy listening to the music on the bus now even though i had stopped listening to music for a while. Recently i had watched a movie with my friend and i looked down at the bad part and my christian friend was laughing at me and my muslim friend was just looking at the screen and thats what made me have second thoughts of my muslim friends who i thought were good muslims that would help remind me of my religious obligations but that is not working to well... My family also doesnt understand the consequences of haram food (they think just pork is bad) and they yell at me when i try and tell them i dont want any food.

I feel like shaytaan is just getting harder and harder and harder to deal with everyday and its weakening my iman immensely, i only started started being a practicing Muslim after this last ramadan where i felt like Allah really did exist and changed life to a complete opposite of before (bad to good). I pray everyday for help but its not helping. I want to go to the mosque but i dont have a car and most of the time my family are just lazy or out somewhere else. In my opinion after few months of becoming a very good practicing Muslim i turned into a complete mess in the last month. Can someone recommend some things that will get me back on the straight path, i seriously dont know what to do. I feel that Allah(swt) is displeased with me and i want to change that.

Please pray for me if you see this post, it means alot..

Jazakallah Khairan everyone.

rightpath_357

:( This happens sometimes. Shaytan attacks suddenly and provokes harm. :p

Stick to your Iman bro- FORCE yourself to do Salat and read Qur'an until you feel like your doing it properly again; it works. :)

Also- try and make a concious effort NOT to do bad deeds, bite your tounge when you know your about to say something bad, or say somthing else to take your mind off it. It might seem strange when you yell " Sailing Ships!!!' or somthing like that, but still.

What I did to get rid of the music craving:

1- delete all the bad songs on your MP3, Ipod, etc.

2- Block the downloading music sites on your computer where you get them from- or if it's a CD player or somthing, give your CD'S to somebody who you trust- that won't give them to you that is :D

3- But if you can't bring yourself to listen to the good things on your music device or w/e, then hide your charger from yourself, write where it is, forget it, and give the note to somebody who won't tell you. If you can't forget it- give the charger to a trustworthy person. :)

For your freinds- remind them consistanly of Islam when you see them doing wrong, invite them with you to the Masjid next time you go, or go play football or something, discussing halal topics, things to get their mind of bad and on track again.

And, for just clearing your mind, take brisk walks outside- and excersize something called "metacognition" ( we young people ARE very smart:lol:)

That means, while taking walks, think about your thinking. What are you doing latley? How do you feel latley? Are there any OTHER problems that might be a cause to the major ones? And try to order things out. Remember, also focus not just on the problems, but on how you might solve them. Arrange something that might help you, and steer yourself onto that. Also think about the CASUAL things of life. Just occasonaily move yourself off the focus of your problems, because to much too much concentration on your problems will just make them seem worse than they are and that'll push you to hopelessness.

Wow- I sound like a therapist :eek:

lol

Hope this helps.
Salam!!!!! :D

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Thanks , il be sure to keep that metacognition thing in mind on a good day. Sorry if i didnt make the music thing clear what i meant was that the bus driver likes to put the radio on in the bus and i always end up listening to it. I have a music player but it only has nasheeds and khutbas and lately i couldnt find my earphones so i cant put on what i want to hear.

your advice helped me think of ideas to change myself, thanks

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa 'alaikkumus salaam wa rahmatullaah, the fact that you are understanding all this to be bad, may Allaah bless you, shows that eemaan is coming back in shaAllaah. I really want to stress upon the fact that, pray all your 5 salaah in and on time. If you already do so, then try to pray Tahajjud during the last third of the night, as this is the time when your praying and your heart is filled with eemaan, and remember this is also the time when Allaah, the Most Exalted comes down to the lowest heaven so that people may invoke Him and ask of Him. And there are many other virtues such as...

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of prayers after the prescribed prayers is prayer in the depths of the night, and the best of fasting after the month of Ramadaan is fasting the month of Allaah, Muharram.” (reported by Muslim).

‘Amr ibn ‘Absah reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The closest that the Lord is to His slave is in the later part of the night, so if you can be one of those who remember Allaah at that time, then do so.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi and al-Nisaa'i).

According to a hadeeth narrated by Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Our Lord admires two men: a man who leaves his mattress and cover, and slips away from his wife and lover, to go and pray. Allaah says, ‘O My angels, look at My slave. He has left his mattress and cover and slipped away from his lover and wife to pray, our of hope for what is with Me and out of fear of what is with Me.” (Reported by Ahmad. It is a hasan report. Saheeh al-Targheeb, 258).

And finally I would also like to stress upon the fact that you stick with Pious brothers, and this is very important. Brothers usually think they are fine on their own, and when they do so, after some time they fall into fitnah, and personally I have seen this in university, and you see the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: has told us that the wolf will devour the lone sheep, so stay in a Jamaa'h (group). When I mean pious brothers, I don't mean Muslim by name, but by action, heart. People who will remind you when you fall into fitnah, will give you glad tidings etc.

MutlekM

:salam2:
I had the same problem about 2 days ago but I just thought I was bored with life, which got me into a lot of trouble, and I just didnt want to do anything even though I knew what was right and what was wrong, so I found something else that got me more interested in Islam and I am working that way for a while now.
Peace:)

Latifabonu

Alhamdulillah
Assalamu alaykum brother it happens some times with me also then im reading Qur'an or lissening and praying it helps me.Brother read Qur'an and pray ur prayers it will help u InshaAllah i will also pray 4 u brother May Allah help u Amin.

Your little sister
Latifa.:tti_sister::hijabi::muslim_child:

fatimaflowers333

Assalamu Alaykum Sister

Dear Sister:

Highs and lows are part of Iman, there are hadith about it. I believe this happens to everyone. But it is our duty to Allah(swt) to work hard to bring up our Iman. I think it is especially hard when you have friends who are not muslim, because they really do understand our religion and halal from haram. And therefore you put yourself in situation in which you will be tested.

The one thing I learned in Islam though, is not to judge other people and there Iman. Because judgement belongs to Allah(swt). If you see a sister or brother doing something that you do not agree with than you can discuss with them what you think, in a way that they can here. No one wants to be judged for there shortcomings.

Your Islam is not based on what others are doing around you. It is between you and Allah(swt). They may be your test. Only you can heighten your Iman. Only you will be responsible on the day of judgement for your actions. You will not be asked about others choices.

Prophet Mohammed (sws) brought people to Islam because of his character and kindness.

If you feel something is haram work hard to walk away. Ask Allah(swt) to help you. Remember that this is just the dunya. Your only purpose here is to prove you are worthy of Jenna by being devoted to Allah(swt). There are many temptations and tests you will have to go through in this dunya. It is up to you to pass them. They will be hard, there is no question. But will sincere devotion and love of Allah(swt) you can do it.

Don't put yourself in situations that you know are going to be hard on you.

It is hard when you are young and you are trying to find your place in this world. No one is perfect and Allah(swt) is the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. That is not a license to do whatever you want but with a pure heart and pure intentions, I am sure you will find your way. May the blessings and guidance of Allah(swt) be with you.

Your Sister in Islam

believers_path

Please Don't Forget the Plight of Muslims in your Dua's
If Allah brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
In Happy moments, praise Allah.
In Difficult moments, seek Allah.
In Quiet moments, worship Allah.
In Painful moments, trust Allah.
In Every moment, thank Allah.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Walaykumu salaam warahmatullah

My Imaan is extremely weak as well...:girl3:
Brother, try to read Quran as many times as you can, and ponder over the meanings. There is a saying "Read Quran, charge your Imaan". So everytime you feel like your Imaan is dropping...just grab the Quran and read, read, read!!

Also, be thankful!! Look...after all those bad things we have done, Allah STILL gives us chances after chances. We should be thankful because we are still living after that sin we did. SubhnAllah, imagine He took away our life while we were sinning!! I can't even imagine what could have happened...

Being thankful will always make you feel good. Take just a few minutes and think of the blessing's Allah has given you. Even that breath you take is a blessing. Can you hold your breath for a minute or two? SubhnAllah, we can't even survive for two minutes without His blessings...!!

Another way to make you feel better is to repent...even if you feel like what you've done isn't too much of a sin. It doesn't matter how big or small the sin is...it matters who you are sinning against. And maybe that sin seems very small to you, but in Allah's sight it isn't. So repent, repent!! And humble yourself before Allah...

When I'm feeling down, I listen to this nasheed, it always brings me up...

[yt]X8aKhHs-gEs&feature=related[/yt]

And like sister right_path said, *force* yourself to pray and do good, and worship Allah as though you can see Him. And try your hardest to be obedient to Allah!! We are His slaves and He is our King...so lets act like how a slave is supposed to act. Sometimes we make ourselves the king! Authubillah!! We don’t even obey our King like a slave is supposed to. Imagine you bought a slave and he barely did anything for you. But still…you were merciful and would still give him what he needs like food and a place to rest, but he would never obey you! Wouldn’t that get you mad? I’d get mad for sure! I mean I give him sooo much and he still doesn’t obey me?! So that’s how it is with Allah…He created us just so we can worship Him…and He gave us everything! The world and everything in it but we STILL don’t obey Him?? Asthghfirullah…may He forgive us all.

Ohh one more thing. Everyone goes through highs and lows. So don’t feel *too* bad about it. We are humans and every human makes mistakes. And you know, some of the mistakes we have done have helped us a lot! Just think, if you didn’t do that sin, do you think you’d be feeling bad about it right now or asking Allah for forgiveness? Allah really loves it when His servant repents…so if we didn’t do that wrong then we wouldn’t have repented! So now we should even be thankful for that sin lol. Seriouslyy. So chin up and don’t be sad. Evil Shaytan has been defeated (InshaAllah). You will repent, and Allah will be happy InshaAllah, and Shaytan will be sad InshaAllah!

So stay happy and smile…because Allah loves you.
May Allah love us all and forgive us. Ameen :tti_sister:
Ohh and I remind myself before anyone else.
Wasalaam