wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayt
wa tawallani feeman tawallayt
wa baarik li feema a’tayt
wa qini sharra ma qadayt
innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk
wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayt
wa laa ya’izzu man ‘aadayt
tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayt

اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ ، وَعَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعْطَيْتَ ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ ، فإِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ ، وَإِنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ ، وَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ ، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَتَعَالَيْتَ

And here is the video- www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6mKIxellk

The problem is that the recitor says pronounciation differently in parts where where it ends with the letter "i" but he ends with the "A" Sound

For example Second verse
Arabic:wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayt
Recitor:wa'aafina feeman'aafayt

Third verse
Arabic: wa tawallani feeman tawallayt
Recitor: wa tawallana feeman tawallayt

And another thing i see is fourth one
Arabic: wa baarik li feema a’tayt
Recitor: Wa baarik la na feema a'tayt

and some others so on. Is the recitor wrong or what i see alot of people say it like that but the arabic version says otherwise? Im not sure can someone help me that knows this Dua

Jazakallah Khair

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Dear Brother,
This is just the matter of Singular and Plural,
Like if u called Child(singular) children(plural)
Book(singular) books(plural)
in the same when you are reciting above du'a e qunoot alone in salah aur in du'a you'll read it as TawallaNI and so the other words and when ur reciting it when ur leading in prayer or in Du'as then u'll read as the recitor is reading (twallaNA and so on)...
hope I have cleared ur doubts.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salaamu 'alaikkum, basically when your leading salah you use the one recited by the recitor since the dua will go along the lines of "Oh Allaah guide us..." etc, and when your praying on your own you use the one in arabic and this will go along the lines of "Oh Allaah guide me..."etc. Just an example :)

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum

Assalamualakum Everyone!

Well i looked at this thread here

www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36687

Here is the Dua

Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayt
wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayt
wa tawallani feeman tawallayt
wa baarik li feema a’tayt
wa qini sharra ma qadayt
innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk
wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayt
wa laa ya’izzu man ‘aadayt
tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayt

اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ ، وَعَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعْطَيْتَ ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ ، فإِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ ، وَإِنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ ، وَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ ، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَتَعَالَيْتَ

:salam2:

first learn the one above. and this is what you will say when you are by yourself in witr prayer.

then learn the other ones where if a person is leading a group prayer he will say.

in Arabic, that i (ee) ending means me the person that is speaking for himself only.

whereas the na ending is when there is more than one person and you are making the dua to include others besides your self in prayer.

that is very good you have kept an eye and ear out for differences.

may Allah increase for you and all of us.

:wasalam: