Need rebuttal to anti islam question

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah.
Hey guess I don't mean to waste your times with senseless questions or anything but for some reason I can't think of a really good answer to this question.. jazakallahu khair for reading

"Religion (islam) is used to control the masses of people, make them humble, worship God, not ask any questions except for priest (Shiekhs/scholars) , and the average persons opinion is not taking in consideration."

What would you say to someone who says that? basically he's also pointing out that men made up the religion keep that in consideration, and wrote the Quran all together just like the constitution of america was written up, thats why people use it as the doctrine of forming the country

And also, what do I say if someone says.
"The whole islamic history is made up, arabs gathered together around the year 1300 or anytime past 300 years ago and wrote it all up and said this happened, all the hadiths/links of narrators biographies, etc. All are made up to globalize the world under arab rule"

What would you guys response to this.. Jazakallahu khair, wal alhamdulillahi rabbil alaaameen
assalamu alaiakum wa rahmatullahi wa abrakatoh.

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

Atheists and others try to put a lot of doubts into our mind.
And we have to be able as Muslims to give an answer to ourselves firstly and to them too, and whoever else.
So it is our duty to study our religion, to apply its teachings and keep on studying.
Allah subhana wa ta'ala brought the revelation with this verses:

Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), (1) Has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). (2) Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous, (3) Who has taught (the writing) by the pen [the first person to write was Prophet Idrees (Enoch)]. (4) Has taught man that which he knew not. (Al-Alaq 96: 1-5)

Studying Islam, specially the Qur'an tht we believe it is the word of Allah, we will realise that Allah says us that you will never be able to make a similar book, even a chapter and the smallest chapter is composed by 3 verses... so this is a great challenge:

And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Quran) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful. But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers. (Al Baqara 2: 23-24)

Do their minds command them this [i.e. to tell a lie against you (Muhammad SAW)] or are they people exceeding the bounds (i.e. from Belief in Allah to disbelief). Or do they say: "He (Muhammad SAW) has forged it (this Quran)?" Nay! They believe not! Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Quran) if they are truthful. Were they created by nothing, or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they have no firm Belief. Or are with them the treasures of your Lord? Or are they the tyrants with the authority to do as they like? (At-Tur 52: 32-37)

And you can explain the miracles of the Qur'an too, to this atheis... but the best way is explaining the belief in Allah, Tawheed.
Then we must take in consideration the fact that we can not convince everyone to accept Islam or to convince his that this is the true, because man is selfish and proud in many occasions.

We must give our best according to the right path.

Assalamu alaykum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

these Athiest just like to mess around tbh.there was one who asked me Questions regarding a couple of ayah.since dealing with ayah is sensitive matter i asked help form akhi ayman.when i answered the guy he went like.i was only messing around:rolleyes:i kno the answer was like a slap so he decided to act like he was playing....

and there is this other one who says define the word "truth".now i'm lousy at definition and i told him to google it if he wanted to kno.he went like all muslims are like that.they don't even kno the definiton of the word truth how can they claim to follow the truth..........i said okay,but i can only speak for myself:D!!(ridiculous thing is he used to be a muslim:(:astag:)

Azhar07

My dear friend please try to keep your cool as much as you can. And try helping even though they are playing with you remember you will be rewarded for your efforts to spread Islam.

As Qu'ran says "Allah is with those who forgive

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
"Religion (islam) is used to control the masses of people, make them humble, worship God, not ask any questions except for priest (Shiekhs/scholars) , and the average persons opinion is not taking in consideration."

religion islam IS used to make people humble and worship the one who deserves to be worshipped.it is not used to control the masses.islam respects everyones freewill,unless it is something against it.this is very natural as when you follow something you abide by the rules.

Islam allows questions as long as they are for understanding of our deen.what else do you take from..."seeking knowledge is compulsory for every man and women"....who can have knowledge without Questions.

average person opnion is not taken into consideration on matters that are complicated.only a mechanic can fix the car,not a doctor.

"The whole islamic history is made up, arabs gathered together around the year 1300 or anytime past 300 years ago and wrote it all up and said this happened, all the hadiths/links of narrators biographies, etc. All are made up to globalize the world under arab rule"

if Quran was made up by Humans to rule the world then what do you make out of this
The Quran 21:30(big bang)
The Quran 41:11(poisonous gases before life on earth)
The Quran 71:15-16(the sun shines and the moon reflects)
The Quran 51:47(the universe is expanding)
The Quran 13:3(plants fertilization and gender)

(if you ask for it i can provide more)

all these ayah mentions the kind of science that has been discovered only recently.who do you think wrote it down in a book 1400yrs ago,when ppl weren't even aware of the word "science".who would jot down something in a "religious" book which is to come to light many centuries after that???

that's the best i could do.tell you what contact akhi ayman he's good with this sort of thing:)

barakallah fik!!

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

JenGiove

What would you say to someone who says that? basically he's also pointing out that men made up the religion keep that in consideration, and wrote the Quran all together just like the constitution of america was written up, thats why people use it as the doctrine of forming the country

Please excuse me for finding this thread enjoyable. I am not a Muslim and I am an American so I think I may be uniquely qualified to answer at least some of these questions. First, let me share with you a little known fact. When the US Constitution was being developed, the founding father's used, as an example, the constitution of the Iroquois Confederacy. The Iroquois are a native american group of tribes who banded together because of the visions of a leader/prophet named Hiawatha. If you have an interest in reading the "Great Law of Peace", I can post the link for you. It just so happens that I am Mohawk, a member of the Iroquois people. :)

The average American makes no distinction between Arab government and Islam. To the average American, Islam is not separate from the hate that attacked us on Sept. 11 (the anniversary of which is this weekend, so I beg for more than average tolerance for the idiots out there who feel more hate and fear than wisdom).

Most people do not bother to learn on their own the truth about Islam and the true definition of being Muslim. Because of the differences between our cultures and religions (it is not customary to see a woman walking around in full Burqa and tho seeing a Hijib is not unheard of, it is quite rare in most places), the ability to understand must be actively sought out. Most people are apathetic and focus only on what is familiar to them. I was born here in the states but when I dress in my regalia, I encounter the same ignorance....and we were here first! lol! Sometimes, you have to just shake your head, chuckle to yourself and walk away.

Tell them to go back to school and ask their professors. History is documented, FAITH is what they are really questioning. Ask them to give you proof that the Shroud of Turin was truly what Christ was wrapped in. Lets not talk about Noah's ark or the parting of the Red Sea....:D

In the end, all you need to be concerned with is your own faith. Some people will try to engage you in debate JUST so that they can find fault. Ignore them and pray they don't get a broken nose when they themselves fall down.

Abdul25

Logical Believer

these Athiest just like to mess around tbh.there was one who asked me Questions regarding a couple of ayah.since dealing with ayah is sensitive matter i asked help form akhi ayman.when i answered the guy he went like.i was only messing around:rolleyes:i kno the answer was like a slap so he decided to act like he was playing....

and there is this other one who says define the word "truth".now i'm lousy at definition and i told him to google it if he wanted to kno.he went like all muslims are like that.they don't even kno the definiton of the word truth how can they claim to follow the truth..........i said okay,but i can only speak for myself:D!!(ridiculous thing is he used to be a muslim:(:astag:)

:wasalam:

i had long discussions with many atheists and one of them being a former Muslim and had a long beard then he refuted Islam and became atheist. What is surprising about these people is that they only go here and there and they wont talk to u on one point. if u clear one point they will raise another one and this goes on and on like a circle and they are not sincere in their search. a person already with a mind set to mock how can he accept the truth. i then left arguing with them because i knew they are only here to make useless arguments, they dont talk clear. i dont understand how can one say that Quran is written by humans. either they are fools, ignorants or they are blind and have their mind shut.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
good answers akhi.masallah:)
Please excuse me for finding this thread enjoyable. I am not a Muslim and I am an American so I think I may be uniquely qualified to answer at least some of these questions. First, let me share with you a little known fact. When the US Constitution was being developed, the founding father's used, as an example, the constitution of the Iroquois Confederacy. The Iroquois are a native american group of tribes who banded together because of the visions of a leader/prophet named Hiawatha. If you have an interest in reading the "Great Law of Peace", I can post the link for you. It just so happens that I am Mohawk, a member of the Iroquois people. :)

The average American makes no distinction between Arab government and Islam. To the average American, Islam is not separate from the hate that attacked us on Sept. 11 (the anniversary of which is this weekend, so I beg for more than average tolerance for the idiots out there who feel more hate and fear than wisdom).

Most people do not bother to learn on their own the truth about Islam and the true definition of being Muslim. Because of the differences between our cultures and religions (it is not customary to see a woman walking around in full Burqa and tho seeing a Hijib is not unheard of, it is quite rare in most places), the ability to understand must be actively sought out. Most people are apathetic and focus only on what is familiar to them. I was born here in the states but when I dress in my regalia, I encounter the same ignorance....and we were here first! lol! Sometimes, you have to just shake your head, chuckle to yourself and walk away.

Tell them to go back to school and ask their professors. History is documented, FAITH is what they are really questioning. Ask them to give you proof that the Shroud of Turin was truly what Christ was wrapped in. Lets not talk about Noah's ark or the parting of the Red Sea....:D

In the end, all you need to be concerned with is your own faith. Some people will try to engage you in debate JUST so that they can find fault. Ignore them and pray they don't get a broken nose when they themselves fall down.

that was an interesting read.jazakallah khairan for sharing with us.u would make such a wonderful sister in islam for me:D!!

:wasalam:

i had long discussions with many atheists and one of them being a former Muslim and had a long beard then he refuted Islam and became atheist. What is surprising about these people is that they only go here and there and they wont talk to u on one point. if u clear one point they will raise another one and this goes on and on like a circle and they are not sincere in their search. a person already with a mind set to mock how can he accept the truth. i then left arguing with them because i knew they are only here to make useless arguments, they dont talk clear. i dont understand how can one say that Quran is written by humans. either they are fools, ignorants or they are blind and have their mind shut.

sooo true,they keep on moving this way and that during a convo.never come to the point.you say one thing,they go for another.it's easy to trap them in a privet discussion but since they are guys i don't invite them for that.Besides i think i've had enough of his "beat about the bush" hobby.had he wanted to seek truth he would have.

tbh bhaiyya they are all three of the above!!specifically the last one.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
You know, from watching a video on ahmed deedat. I saw his debate vs Jimmy swaggart.
And according to deedat , in swaggarts book he wrote
"if you want to know about something, go to the experts" and Deedat mentioned it was a great theory on how to determine things..
We can't expect to know every single thing, on every subject.. People are trained and have got phd's in subjects so if we want to know something regarding something there are scholars to clear these issues up.
What I know about atheist is, they don't take the scholars word..
For example, we will say , The scientist says the Universe is expanding, due to some quontom phsyic studies, proving that the stars/planets/galaxies are all moving farther and also seperating.
Then we say the Quran says "We created the heavens with might! Verily we are expanding it"
Now if you put this forth to an atheist or actually if you say that to a non muslim, he will think of 5 different ways to NOT refute it, but saying no , scientist don't say that, or the Quran doesn't state that, but they will shun away from it , one way or another.

Like the things they come up with is outrageous. And I find myself guilty of being skeptic sometimes even when the truth has been established, I really need to find a cure for my own problem, I can only ask Allah to give me additional guidence, but I really don't know why I myself am so skeptical about things.. Maybe it's because I take in and listen to what these atheist have to say with their false condecsending questions. Allahu akbar may Allah help us all ameen
assalamu alaikum

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

non-muslims pose this question often. And they come with variance depending upon the background from which they come from. the following link about the truth of prophethood of Muhammad (salAllaahu alayhi wasallam) is an answer of that, inshaAllaah.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2114/truth of islam

Alhamdulillah as we know there were scribes and chroniclers at the time of prophet of Allaah (salAllaahu alayhi wasallam). These people wrote the revealed ayahs of qur’aan as prophet dictated them, they wrote the narrated ahadiths, the events, the campaigns etc. The events happened in those times have been reported to later generations by chain of narrations. Those narrations goes back to original narrator from the last narrator who quotes to other people. Further in addition, there is science of ahadith which analyses the narrations through which scholars give them gradings like saheeh,hasan, ghareeb,munkar,mursal etc.

So basically the history had happened and those scribes, chroniclers wrote that back and this could be found in their preserved writings.Those who wrote, verbalized and memorised were companions of prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasallam) like Zubair, zaid, Abu Hurayrah, Ibn Masood, and others. May Allaah be pleased with them. If some one later or back in historical times had tried to change the order of events or authenticity of events or the events itself, then there must be an obvious mis-match between the happened events and the historical narrations as noted by those reliable scribes and chroniclers. But Alhamdulillah that is not. Further The books are also written by the scholars that describes the memory level of the narrators, classifies the reliable narrators etc. the books of narrations were written by scholars of time and they graded the narrations on their understanding of the principles and science of narrations. Like shaykh Ibn taiymiyyah wrote a book, similarly in present times done by muhaddith Al Albaani and other prominent scholars of past and present.
This is bit 2 cents knowhow I have in this regard and may Allaah forgive and stand me corrected for any mistake whatsoever.

Above all of this we keep trust in Allaah and may He guide us to the right,inshaAllaah.

It can be said that the person who is quoting such has understanding of Islaam as religion of arabs. He might have belief that Islaam is spread through sword (which is one of the common misconception and been answered back). I suppose that he (or hypothetical he) is referring to ibn kathir’s work of ‘tafseer ibn kathir’ back to the seventh century of Islaam and came to the conclusion that gathering of narrations, tafseer al- qur’aan, ahadith etc were made in the period of Ibn taimiyyah, Ibn kathir and others at that time.

Peaceful661

First of all why would Prophet Muhammad(saws) write the quran? To gain fame, respect, become king, enjoy luxuries?

He was tortured when he started preachhing the Quran and didn't stop even after being severely tortured so he didn't want respect. We come to know that after he became leader of muslims in madinah he lived a more simpler lifestyle as he lived before prophethood. It is reported in hadith that f ire was not lit in the house of holy prophet(saws). Why would he write the Quran? Of course he didn't write it but it was a revelation from the AlllMighty.