Never heard of this before!

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Well its EID! My husbands entire family of distant relatives just visited! When the house if full of people I never met before and everyone is speaking a language I dont understand a word of I usually sneak off into the bedroom to be alone.

My husband came in after everyone left and he started telling me some of the conversations that were going on in my absence.

I guess one of his Aunts was teasing her husband in front of everyone saying that she worries when he goes out of the house he cheats on her. She threatened him by saying she will do the same so another of my husbands Aunts told her that she is forbidden to leave the house at all without her husbands permission and if she does she can wind up in the hellfire! I had heard of that so it didnt surprise me at all.

His Aunt who thinks her husband is cheating on her mentioned something to the effect that its not fair for her husband to just get away with his antics unscathed! The Aunt who warned her about leaving the house without permission said something to her that I had never heard of before! She told her that IF her husband were to cheat on her behind her back all of his good deeds would be awarded to his wife on the day of judgement!!!!

I swear I never heard of this before so if anyone could please show me the hadith or some sort of proof I would so appreciate that! I hope she didnt just make that up. I know sometimes people talk and are just joking or playing around but I dont play when it comes to Islam and I really hope she wasnt making it up because I really like that Aunt who said it!!!!

wa salam

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:,

I like her too.

I hope it's true as well. I have my own ideas as to why it may be true but I'd rather wait until someone posts some daleel as my opinions are just that. Opinons :)

Isra

aka Tree2008

I like her too.

I hope it's true as well. I have my own ideas as to why it may be true but I'd rather wait until someone posts some daleel as my opinions are just that. Opinons :)

As salamo alaikome sis yeah she is a real sweet person and I really like her so much. The reason I hope shes right and not just making it up is because its against Islam to innovate and if its just something she made up that could be considered innovation I guess.

Although I personally find her words to be justified punishment for someone who cheats on their pious spouse if its not written in hadith we should not just say it like that even if we are only joking so thats the reason I am hoping for a hadith or something to prove her words to be fact according to Islam.

wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008

I like her too.

As salamo alaikome sis yeah she is a real sweet person and I really like her so much. The reason I hope shes right and not just making it up is because its against Islam to innovate and if its just something she made up that could be considered innovation I guess.

Although I personally find her words to be justified punishment for someone who cheats on their pious spouse if its not written in hadith we should not just say it like that even if we are only joking so thats the reason I am hoping for a hadith or something to prove her words to be fact according to Islam.

wa salam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
:salam:

The prophet ( salla allahu aleihi we sallam) asked his companions "Do you know who is the bankrupt person?"

The companions replied: " the bankrupt among us is one who has neither money nor proprety."

The prophet( salla allahu aleihi we sallam) said "The real bankrupt of my ummah would be he who would come on the day of resurrection with much of prayer , of fasting , and sadaqah; but he will find himself bankrupt on that day because he reviled others, slandered others, unlawfully devoured the wealth of others, shed the blood of others, and beat others, etc. so his virtues would be credited to the account of those who suffered at his hand , if his good deeds fall short to clear the account , their sins would be entred in his account and he would be thrown in the hellfire."

(Related by muslim on narration of Abu Huraira (RA), hadith in sahih muslim : 59- 2581)

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam:

The prophet ( salla allahu aleihi we sallam) asked his companions "Do you know who is the bankrupt person?"

The companions replied: " the bankrupt among us is one who has neither money nor proprety."

The prophet( salla allahu aleihi we sallam) said "The real bankrupt of my ummah would be he who would come on the day of resurrection with much of prayer , of fasting , and sadaqah; but he will find himself bankrupt on that day because he reviled others, slandered others, unlawfully devoured the wealth of others, shed the blood of others, and beat others, etc. so his virtues would be credited to the account of those who suffered at his hand , if his good deeds fall short to clear the account , their sins would be entred in his account and he would be thrown in the hellfire."

(Related by muslim on narration of Abu Huraira (RA), hadith in sahih muslim : 59- 2581)

Jazakallah khairan for posting the hadith brother but I thought that the punishment for adultery was death so could it still be included in this hadith? I notice it didnt specifically mention adultery.

wa salam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Jazakallah khairan for posting the hadith brother but I thought that the punishment for adultery was death so could it still be included in this hadith? I notice it didnt specifically mention adultery.

wa salam
salam alikom,

I was taught at school that you'd get 70 lashes and then you'd walk it off. lol

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

And the other side of the issue is why is this woman in company accusing her husband on a holy day of cheating on her.
Why is she publicly disrespecting her husband? Does she not understand the consequences of her words?
She is the one who should have been silenced.

Isra

aka Tree2008
salam alikom,

I was taught at school that you'd get 70 lashes and then you'd walk it off. lol

Wa alaikome salam

I believe lashes are the punishment for zina brother. If a man cheats on his wife or if the wife cheats on her husband that is adultery not zina and I believe it is punishable by death.

wa salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

And the other side of the issue is why is this woman in company accusing her husband on a holy day of cheating on her.
Why is she publicly disrespecting her husband? Does she not understand the consequences of her words?
She is the one who should have been silenced.

Wa alaikome salam

I wasnt in the room sister and I dont know this woman so I am not able to answer your question although I had the exact same thought myself when I heard about the conversation. Sometimes I am positive Allah blessed me with not understanding the language which is all around me. I can be in a room filled with people and its as if I am a deaf/mute. Alhamdulillah! I swear it has its advantages!

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You know sister there are some women that will be silly little girls all their lives. And little does she understand how blessed she is.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

You know sister there are some women that will be silly little girls all their lives. And little does she understand how blessed she is.

Wa alaikome salam

I agree sister unless her husband actually IS cheating on her in which case I guess I wouldnt want to be in her place. I hope he isnt cheating on her but if he is then Allah is watching him so she should relax and put her trust in Allah.

Either way it was totally wrong of her to call him out like that in front of a whole room of people even if they were family! I bet she heard about it once they got home! I know MY husband wouldnt have let me get away with that junk!!!:SMILY286:

wa salam

alf2

Islam is a way of life
If he is cheating on her, why doesnt she divorce him?
I'd rather divorce him than "air my dirty laundry" for all to hear or threaten to cheat on him..Gosh.

Sorry, I just cant get past that. I was amazed.

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Before we start airing our dirty laundry or other start saying "well i would do this or that", everybody needs to chill. Do you know the sin of accusing a chaste woman/man of such a sin? The woman needs to talk to her husband rather than blabber her mouth off to others. It only reflects negatively on her.

strive-may-i

:wasalam:
Sawaab to the opressed
Its true, for many sins and transgressions, Almighty would add the sawaab to those who tolerate the opression.

Platform for suffering Lady grievance
Now thats a serious matter , whichever way you look at it. In many Muslim communities (Asia and Africa) the family is a close knit unit and the family is the right forum for lady to air her grievance. (Speaking such matters with Husband, is considered incorrect!!). Its safer for us to assume as a Muslim Ummah the lady has already had a talk with her husband in this matter, she might have aired her displeasure, and decided its time to seek the help of elders (observe its aunts in this case, not immediate parents either) in her close family circle. Unlike here in west, there since the Shariah is sort of more ingrained into family tradition(there could be deviations no doubt, but we cant change that overnight), seeking family's help is reasonable. So double caution!!

Onus on family/ husband
She is doing the best alternative she has. He should be counselled, as much as she is being counselled in this matter. There cant be two opinion in this matter.... Its his Imaan which is in danger. If the lady is given a cold shoulder, The lady will be forced to thinking of alternatives, she might be pushed to doing something undesirable and thats not good. In a way the man would have forced his lady to do wrong by firstly being unfair to her. Then secondly, If the lady feels the family her support system is unfair to her, by not treating this serious matter justly, she is left with little options. Yes she can leave the matter to Almighty Allah, but thats not good to let one suffer , it does affect one's life and belief in the system. it could lead to more pain and suffering.

70 lashes rule
70 lashes/ death that needs proof. Given how secretly such affairs happen, she might be the only proof.

P.S: Please no posts, that deviates from main topic here, one about sawaab, two Lady wants justice or wants to come out from pain she is suffering in that relationship.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You bring an interesting perspective. Over here people are more direct. And women are direct with their husbands. If you have an issue you discuss it with your husband in private. Besides if your husband is cheating on you..there is nothing anyone can do. If you forgive him, good. 65% of spouses forgive cheating. If you can not forgive him..divorce him.
A lady would never never accuse her husband of anything of this nature at a social event. This was not a pity party. You do not draw in innocent people into private affairs.

It is the wrong venue. Why introduce doubt on a festive occasion. There are times and places.

Eid comes around once a year.

Isra

aka Tree2008
If he is cheating on her, why doesnt she divorce him?
I'd rather divorce him than "air my dirty laundry" for all to hear or threaten to cheat on him..Gosh.

Sorry, I just cant get past that. I was amazed.

She actually said it as if she was joking but Im sure many words said in jest could be felt in the heart either on her part or on his.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Before we start airing our dirty laundry or other start saying "well i would do this or that", everybody needs to chill. Do you know the sin of accusing a chaste woman/man of such a sin? The woman needs to talk to her husband rather than blabber her mouth off to others. It only reflects negatively on her.

Youre right brother we are getting a bit sidetracked from my original question. Thats really easy to do here on the forum I noticed. Thanks for pointing it out.

I posted the thread to find out if its true whether or not a man/woman cheats on their spouse would the good deeds of the cheating person then be transferred to the person who was cheated on by them? This is what I need to know and would like the hadith if possible.

wa salam

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Youre right brother we are getting a bit sidetracked from my original question. Thats really easy to do here on the forum I noticed. Thanks for pointing it out.

I posted the thread to find out if its true whether or not a man/woman cheats on their spouse would the good deeds of the cheating person then be transferred to the person who was cheated on by them? This is what I need to know and would like the hadith if possible.

wa salam

I have never come across such information. All that is prescribed for such a crime is death by stoning. There's hadith on that staying so that every part of your flesh tasted pleasure in the haramw and so shall it receive pain as well. This is to cleanse the person of the sin, otherwise the punishment in the Hereafter is far far severe.

As for the hadith posted here, that refers to those wronging others and the justice we will get from those who wrong us. Nothing more...