New and need help :)

Asalamu alaikom wa rahmato allah wa barakoto:

Hello brothers and sisters... I am new to this amazing site and I am glad that I came across it. Now I dont know if im doing things the right way, but please, if I am posting in the wrong thread or anything like that, then please tell me. Anyways, I have come here to learn more about my religion and also to get help to answering questions i receive from non-muslims. Now, if anyone has the knowledge.. and would like to help me, how do i respond to this ...

Now, I've already tried reasoning with this person, but it still lead to nothing... if you want to see the whole discussion go to
*Link Removed*

http://www.investigateislam.com/cgi-bin/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=47 Thank you to anyone willing to reply... wa salam. ps. this is my second try posting this, first time said there was an error. Sorry if both posted.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam Wa Rahmatullah,

Welcome to the WEbsite dear sister..

You said:
Now, I've already tried reasoning with this person, but it still lead to nothing... if you want to see the whole discussion go to

Easy, You do not respond to those people, Instead, make yourself at home here and place your efforts here, it is of greater benefit, then to place any effort on people who do not care about the truth.

I had a quick look at that link you posted, and the person was rude, he was cursing Allah and calling you a liar. There is no reason to stay in such a place, and you should not talk to them, this is in accordance with what Allah said in the Quran:

140. And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur'ân) that when you hear the Verses of Allâh being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allâh will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell. Surah 4(An Nisaa, Ayah 140)

---I really would like you to read the following post, it was made when someone in similar situation to yourself came to this website to ask for help:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1552

Shaytan makes the Muslims fall into the trap of debating with these people. When in its place they could be doing something a lot more beneficial to people, such as learning Islam and helping themselves and their families.. this is most important and something we must always be doing. Also, this is a bad situation, because this constant abuse will have demoralising affect and also affect the Eemaan of that person, also will affect their knowledge because they are bombarded with false information, mistranslated verses, misquotes, and various misconceptions. No matter who the person is, it is not recommended for someone who is not a well versed Scholar to go headfirst into debates, and that does not include debates with Islam haters!

Secondly, if they wish to make Dawah, they can do a 1001 different things which can be of great benefit. From translating books and leaflets through to helping on websites such as this. Really we are in great need of helpful people here on this website, TurnToIslam.Com.
On this website, we get people who are serious and sincere in learning about Islam. THat is why it is of greater benefit to do Da'wah on our terms. The Terms of the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of his beloved Messenger :saw:.

It is a great waste of precious time to debate with people who do not care about learning about the Truth. They have a fixed agenda in their minds and they have used their own warped ideas and theories to debate that. You could instead be helping yourself by learning and spending more time learning Islam and also helping those who really wish to learn Islam.

Wasalam.

visionusman

being content
I'm beginning to like brother Mabsoot's responses very much. I think he is a very wise person mashAllah. May Allah SWT grant him more wisdom.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

JazakAllahu khayr, but I am not wise so ameen to your du'a and also for us ALL. I just do what i have to do as the admin here, inshaAllah. ACtually, I dont like reading any praise of myself. Astaghfirullah. It makes me uncomfortable as I never know how to reply anyway lol, although tempted to delete!. We are just normal brothers and sisters here alhamdulillah. And this site runs the way it is due to the good bros and sisters and the hardworking moderators, alhamdulillah.

this is introduction forum, so use it as such and welcome the new sister! lol

also, remember Salams :)

Abu Abdullah Al

Sister Aminah

:salam2:
I agree with the brothers. There is no benefit in engaging with people whose hearts are full of hatred and bigotry. Its our duty as Muslims to convey the message of Islam, however we 'd better focus on those who are more likely to be receptive to the call. May Allah guide us all and give us support and strength

Salam... thanks for the replies.

Yes, you're right. You see, I always tell myself that there is no use, and that I should just stop... because this is not my first time, and it always ends up in nothing... same as we started... but sometimes they make you so mad, and im sure you know what i mean, that you really want to reply. Anyways... I will take your advice inshallah. I started this debate before coming to this site, but now im hoping that i can spend more time here :)

Thanks for the advice... jazakaallaho khairan. :blackhijab:

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Welcome dear sister to this wonderful site and nice of you to join the family.........i hope you enjoy your time here :)

wasalam

alisenay

welcome sister,
hope you ennjoy here and find out more and more about your religion,about why we are here in the world and what is our real mission here..
Pls keep us in your prays aswell

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister;
This site is a blessing from Allah swt we are gathered here by his love and we try to have more faith and knoweldge of islam .....don t waste your time with people who like to argue(just argue) and are not eager to know the Truth ........Take care of yourself...... your Iman , your ibada (worship) ....this is the way of success in this life and in the hereafter.

with regards

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

alisenay

Brother and sister, first of all i am sorry that my english is not enough well to be able to explain excatly what i want, so i will try to do my best.
i need help...
if anyone can help me i would be pleasure..
well,i am a muslim, i am married and my wife is not muslim...i often watch the stories about convert people to islam,but usually most of them are in english language..i need some video which is in russian language. I really want to make my wife to watch them, but because of language i cant do it...so if anyone has such video in russian , i greatly ask to put here ..may Allah help us..pls keep us in your prays as weel

Salam,
Ill try my best to look around for videos in Russian, and inshallah we'll find some for you. What you're doing is great... inshallah she will be guided to islam.
:wasalam: