NEW LATIN MUSLIM

Hajer

Salaam ! Just wanted to share with you that I became muslim on 07-07-07, that's 7 months ago... time flies !

I'm originally from South America, born in a Christian Roman Catholic family but have been blessed by Allah to follow the right way...

Still learning many things about Islam but have found incredible help from many muslim friends who have smoothed my way... the best was to get a Spanish translation of the Quran... WOW !! So nice to read it in my own language, still 1/3 to go but Insh'Allah will finish it soon.

Also the fact I decided to wear a Hijab 3 months ago is a big issue for my family but I pray to Allah to give them the strength to accept it and to blessed them some day, the same way I was blessed to accept Islam in my heart.

Allahafez,

Hajer

:blackhijab:

uskupi

Salaam ! Just wanted to share with you that I became muslim on 07-07-07, that's 7 months ago... time flies !

I'm originally from South America, born in a Christian Roman Catholic family but have been blessed by Allah to follow the right way...

Still learning many things about Islam but have found incredible help from many muslim friends who have smoothed my way... the best was to get a Spanish translation of the Quran... WOW !! So nice to read it in my own language, still 1/3 to go but Insh'Allah will finish it soon.

Also the fact I decided to wear a Hijab 3 months ago is a big issue for my family but I pray to Allah to give them the strength to accept it and to blessed them some day, the same way I was blessed to accept Islam in my heart.

Allahafez,

Hajer

:blackhijab:

assalam alaikumm ...alhamdulillah, yhat you are muslim now

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^
MashaAllah... congratulations u r a muslim now... Alhamdulellah

que Dios te bendiga y te protega! :)

gazkour

Welcome Hajer

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Que Allah te bendiga siempre y gracias por compartir eso con nosotros. Yo tambien soy de Suramerica, de Colombia y tu de donde eres?

Saludos y Bienvenida a este maravilloso foro

Assalamo alikom :hijabi:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
WOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Another Latino Convert. Mashallah it's great, it shows the light of Islam, and especially in the World of Jahiliyah.

Aw, I hoped to be able to go to the DR (Dominican Republic) to give Dawah about Islam over ther to the people, it would help them to except each other as being equal, not blanco v.s negro (white versus black) AKA racism.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
maSHALLAH.. !!!
gOOD jOB SIS'
your on the right pah Alhamdulelah... thumbs up lool:D
inshaalah u gain big benefit ere

ENJOY!!!!;:D

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum [Peace be unto you] sister Hajer,

I'm happy for your acceptance of the religion of Islam. May Allah the Almighty strengthen your faith, increase your knowledge of His religion and guide your family to Islam.

Aameen.

You wrote the following in post #1 on this thread:

Please click on the following link. I have written to an Irish Muslim brother:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170710&postcount=8

Ireland is a deeply Catholic country, so the advice I gave in points 1 and 2 in the above link will also -God willing- help you with your family.

Also, show your family that other Latinos have accepted Islam and some women have also decided to wear the hijaab:

[vg]468440414685693208[/vg]

Please read the following two paragraphs that I wrote in another thread. I hope it will make your family more accepting of the hijaab:

If you really think about it, a Catholic nun also covers her hair and dresses modestly. But she also gives up something very dear and sacred to women [this thing is dearer to women, although it is also important for men]. She gives up the chance to be a parent.

I'm a man, and I consider having a child to be a blessing and a great responsibility. But for women, as far as I could see from what women say, this is even more important to them. And yet, here are women willing to give up the chance to get married and raise children, and society labels them as "pious", while Muslim women -who also dress modestly and cover their hair but do not give up the chance to get married and raise children- get labeled by that same society as "oppressed". Doesn't that sound absurd? If it does sound absurd, it's because it really is absurd.

Source: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62493&postcount=5

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum [and Peace be unto you]

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
wa alaikoom assalam wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatoho sister

welcome to TTI

congratulations on your reversion and looking forward to hear your detailed story