Imani1986

Na'imah
Assalam alaikum everyone,

Firstly, sorry for not introducing myself to the you all before posting my question. I'm new to this site and just registered today. Looks like a good site!

I'm a 22 year old sister from South London and I just took shahada a few days ago after being a Born Again Christian for four years. No body in my family is muslim and I dont know many muslims at all.

I dont yet know how to pray. Tried to follow a step-by-step guide but found it confusing and felt a bit disheartened. Masha'Allah, I've been granted the mercy to embrace Islam and I want my life as a muslim to be pleasing to Allah but I dont know where to start.:shymuslima1:

Are there any sisters who reverted to Islam from other religeons that can share with me their advice and opinions please?

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam warahmatullaah,

Very glad to know you have embraced Islam sister. May Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala keep you steadfast your new chosen path Aameen. Thanks for joining the TTI family and may you benefit from it greatly Inshaa'Allaah. Incase you haven't noticed yet, you already have been added to the Sisters Club. See you there..

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Alaikoum el salam:)

Masha Allah sister. alhmadoullillah. congratulations on ur convertion. insha allah by time you shall learn how to pray.

salam wa rahmat Allah wabarakatou:) from ur sister in islam manal.

alslamo alaikom girl , i just saw your message ... am a muslim since i was born hamduliiallah ,so if u want anything or any advice here is my email ([email protected]) u can add me and we can talk anytime .God bless you
alslamo alaikom

HarunJakub

Salaam aliakum sister and alhamdillillah!!! i want to appoligise in advance for the long message :).I hope you find some words helpfull.

I am a 21 year old revert from West Midlands, previously born again christian, took my Shahadah in March last year.Just over one year on, i am the happiest i have ever been.

Sister, inshallah you will find guidance, do not worry that you are finding the prayer hard, it took me a long time to feel i was getting it right, and there is allways room for improvement.It can be disheartening but do not be disheartened, all actions are judged by god by intentions, so even if someone is making the prayer so exactly, if they are thinking about something else then it is not right, just keep at it.By the time u manage to pray 5 times a day u will be getting loads of practice :).Oh, and get yourself a prayer timetable, prayer mat and a qibla finder, essential peices of Muslimah kit, you can even get qibla finder keyrings, which are a timesaver.

The best way i found sister is to learn with a friend who knows the prayer well, the step by step guides are good but can be confusing(i know, i think i had 3 and they were just as confusing as each other lol).Just try to follow the steps from a friend and copy and eventually you will find the rythum to it and it will feel right inshallah.

As for where to start, start with the 5 pillars, these are things that all Muslims, all over the world agree on.Shahadah(testiment of faith) is the first step wich u have taken, 5 daily prayers(Salat), Sawm(Fasting) during Ramadan, Zakat(obligatory charity for those who can afford) and the pillgramage to Makka at least once in your life.

The prayers will help you start out your life as a Muslim, they give u the rythum and helpy ring u the meditative peace that Islam brings in your everyday life and being,just do your best and as long as the intention is there inshallah God will be guiding and helping you.

I suggest you look for knowledgeable sisters who can help you, inshallah here is a good place to do so, the revert videos are good also, they helped me understand there are many out there feeling the same worries, fears and confusion as i was when i became a Muslim.Look for local Masjids, try googling your postcode and Masjid/Mosque and it should bring up a map of where they are, i have so many good Muslim friends now who help me through the hard times and give me advice and guidance, the Ummah of Islam is a family, you are my sister now, and you have a world of half a billion sisters out there who will all inshallah want to help you, do not fear, Allah never gives us more than we can handle in life.
Salaam, Peace and Blessings, all the best sister

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2: :SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

Well said HarunJakub!!!!

I could not give a better advice than this!!!!!

Welcome to you all and enjoy your stay here.

Wassalam

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,